Profile for Claire Barrand > Reviews

Content by Claire Barrand

Claire Barrand "Wine is constant proof that God loves us and loves to see us happy." (Wales)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
My Life with George: The Inspirational Story of How a Wilful Dog Brought Joy to a Bereaved Family
by Judith Summers
Price: 6.39

2.0 out of 5 stars read BEFORE you buy a dog....!, 21 Aug 2008
Well, I have to say - Im sure it was unintended by the author but this book made me almost dislike dogs! I am an owner of a cocker spaniel and had thought this book might give me a warmer, more sympathetic view of our own "doggy problems" (chewing the entire house up, whining and barking whenever he is left alone..) however it just made me think that we humans (the writer in particular) are just completley mad taking on these highly interbred animals who come with a heap of problems! the poor cat (monster mog) gets my sympathy vote in the book - she was ther first pet before this clingy, over fed pampered pooch arrives, then she gets kicked out for peeing on the sofa whilst the dog goes on to get away with blue murder and costs the writer litterlly thousands of pounds in (many unneccesary) vets bills! (they saw her coming!) Maybe i am being harsh -as i am an animal lover, but in this book i just found myself getting increasingly irritated by the writers obbsesive molycoddling of this animal - which probably contributed to its many pyscological problems (George probably thought he was a human and not a dog).
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Oct 29, 2008 5:29 PM GMT