Profile for Jenny > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
Dorwest Herbs Scullcap and Valerian Tablets for Dogs and Cats 100 Tablets
Dorwest Herbs Scullcap and Valerian Tablets for Dogs and Cats 100 Tablets

4.0 out of 5 stars Pros: These work well. Used to relax muscle ..., 23 Sep 2014
Pros: These work well. Used to relax muscle tremors although have added bonus of chilling out my dog.
Cons: Dosage for my dog is 12 tablets which makes them expensive and not very practical needing to feed so many pills.

Still, I have brought my second bottle of these and think they're worth it.

Vauxhall Corsa Black Genuine Replacement AM/FM Aerial Mast Antenna Roof Screw in Type
Offered by Extreme Auto Accessories

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 23 Sep 2014
Great price and works well. Easy to screw in.

Speedo Speed Sockets - Swimming Goggles (Colour: Navy With Tinted Lenses )
Speedo Speed Sockets - Swimming Goggles (Colour: Navy With Tinted Lenses )

5.0 out of 5 stars No leaks, good visibility, 25 Feb 2014
I've never been able to wear goggles, I probably have a funny face shape, because they always leak.
I was recommended these by a friend who is very into his swimming, and found them fantastic. Being able to use goggles now makes it much easier for me to see where I'm going and swim properly instead of trying to keep my eyes above water. Very pleased.

Bakers Complete Senior Tender Meaty Chunks with Tasty Chicken and Country Vegetables 12.5 kg

1.0 out of 5 stars Purchased this for my Granny - Terrible product, 25 Feb 2014
Luckily I've since converted her to a higher quality dog food.

This has several controversial ingredients, most are illegal in human food. These include anti freeze and various E chemicals that are illegal in dog food in several countries. The ingredients list states a minimum of 4% meat which is a ridiculously small amount for an animal that has evolved from a carnivore.

Strangely for such a poor quality product, it's not actually very cheap because you need to feed quite a lot of it. It's actually cheaper to feed your dog a higher quality dog food such as Orijen, for which you only need to feed a small proportion of the amount.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 19, 2014 7:16 AM BST

Puddings (Quick and Easy)
Puddings (Quick and Easy)

5.0 out of 5 stars Delicious, quite unusual pudding, 25 Feb 2014
I'm not a massive pudding fan, but love some of the recipes in here. I bought this book ages ago and it was lost in a house move. So very pleased to be able to find it and repurchase it on here.

Nina Ottosson Dog Tornado Dog Activity Toy
Nina Ottosson Dog Tornado Dog Activity Toy

5.0 out of 5 stars Fun game, 25 Feb 2014
This is a fun game to play with our dog.

It only takes Saxon a few seconds to find all the treats, although he still really enjoys it. It comes with an instruction manual to help teach your dog how to use this in small steps.

It goes further giving steps on how to get your dog to use only his paws or only his nose to move the levels around. We didnt get this far as Saxon likes to pick up the game, bring it into his bed and use his nose to twist each level around. For similar reasons, I dont use the dog bone inserts much as the dog is meant to pick them out individually, but Saxon just turns the game upside down and they fall out, making it easier for him, and who am I to discourage lateral thinking!

Metal Screw-In Dog Lead Stake
Metal Screw-In Dog Lead Stake
Offered by BargainShop_London

5.0 out of 5 stars Handy for camping, 25 Feb 2014
We enjoy camping with our dog. This is useful to stick to the rule that some campsites have about dogs needing to remain on a lead (although we tend to try and avoid these, going for emptier camp sites). They're also great when cooking on a camping stove and wanting to keep our nosy pup away from the open flame!

Comfy Cone, Large, 25 cm
Comfy Cone, Large, 25 cm
Offered by Best Pets

5.0 out of 5 stars A much less stressful way to stop licking wounds, 25 Feb 2014
This review is from: Comfy Cone, Large, 25 cm (Misc.)
My dogs have always found a traditional cone collar very stressful, one of which, gets so stressed that he manages to break them off.

This is a fantastic product that I cant recommend highly enough. it's much more comfortable for dogs, with no loud bangs when they mis judge the distance between their heads and walls! I would never go back to a conventional cone collar. They're not even that much more expensive that the ones provided by vets, I wish more vets would stock these.

Homeopathic Kit for Pets - A Must for Pet Owners
Homeopathic Kit for Pets - A Must for Pet Owners
Offered by hsconline

5.0 out of 5 stars Homeopathy beginner, 25 Feb 2014
Before buying this kit i knew nothing much about homeopathy, although did buy a book to go alongside it. The pack comes with a basic book which is great for a quick look up.

Last year my dog had a stroke and the vets have been able to offer him physio and hydrotherapy, but not much medication to help. With a combination of these things, supplements as recommended in the homeotherapy book to try along side homeopathy itself, he's walking which feels like a miracle.

Hyp/Cal seems to have the best impact on him. After a week of total hind leg paralysis, the first day I gave him this, we had a massive breakthrough, and when manhandled into a "sit" position he was able to hold it on his own. This could be a total coincidence as we have been trying to many things. However, he seems to improve on days that I give him hypericum.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 3, 2014 7:25 PM GMT

Knitty Gritty: Knitting for the Absolute Beginner
Knitty Gritty: Knitting for the Absolute Beginner
by Aneeta Patel

3.0 out of 5 stars Easy to follow, patterns could be improved, 25 Feb 2014
I've used this book to teach myself knitting, and it did a great job for that. Whenever I follow patterns that I've found online, there's usually a great explanation in the book for any new stitches that I need to include. Before I used this book, I'd brought a magazine to help me learn to knit, and tried using online resources. This book is by far the easiest to follow of the instructions that I came across.

I've been a little disappointed with the patterns themselves though, and the recommended wools tend to be very expensive for a beginner knitter. (I'd prefer to get good using cheaper wools and wait for a better technique before spending lots on yarn). I tried the first scarf and the "manly" scarf! The first was fine, but the second was much too thin, so I had to unravel and start again, adjusting the pattern.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4