Profile for S. Gordon > Reviews

Content by S. Gordon

S. Gordon (London, England)

Belkin Neoprene Portfolio Sleeve for iPad Mini in Black
Belkin Neoprene Portfolio Sleeve for iPad Mini in Black

1.0 out of 5 stars Seriously disappointed, 5 Feb 2013
I've had this item since November 2012 and I still don't like it. It's difficult to get the ipad mini with the smart cover on and the positioning of the zip is awful. The design is no where as good as the Belkin sleeves I bought previously for my iPad 3 and Kindle(s).

Jump!
Jump!

4.0 out of 5 stars a good read, 18 Nov 2010
This review is from: Jump! (Kindle Edition)
After Wicked, I was going to stop buying any of Jilly Cooper's future novels, but fortunately I bought this one - as my first read on my new Kindle device - and I absolutely loved it. Yes it has it's weaknesses and it's not as good as her first 4 novels but overall I found it was a jolly good read.

Mistress of Rome
Mistress of Rome
by Kate Quinn

5.0 out of 5 stars Unputdownable, 24 Sep 2010
This review is from: Mistress of Rome (Paperback)
I loved this story. I can't wait for Kate Quinn's new novel next year.

Santa Olivia
Santa Olivia
by Jacqueline Carey

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed, 29 July 2010
This review is from: Santa Olivia (Paperback)
I love Jacqueline Carey's books, but unfortunately I just didn't enjoy this story. There was no "soul" to the characters and I found myself not caring about them. This book, in my opinion, was not in the same league as her previous novels.

Artemis Fowl and the Time Paradox: 6
Artemis Fowl and the Time Paradox: 6
by Eoin Colfer

5.0 out of 5 stars An adult's view!, 11 Aug 2008
I loved this book and I'm so pleased to see that Eoin Colfer never fails to produce another exciting chapter Artemis Fowl's life. I really do love the way that all the main characters have more depth and personality with each new story. I'd recommend this book to mud people of all ages!!!

Motor Mouth
Motor Mouth
by Janet Evanovich

4.0 out of 5 stars Oh so much better, 21 Nov 2006
This review is from: Motor Mouth (Hardcover)
For those who - like me - were a bit disappointed with Metro Girl - please read Motor Mouth. The pace is quicker, all the characters were great and most importantly it made me laugh.

Kushiel's Scion (Kushiel's Legacy)
Kushiel's Scion (Kushiel's Legacy)
by Jacqueline Carey

5.0 out of 5 stars Delightful, 3 July 2006
What a wonderful book. Like many readers, I'm sure, I was concerned that a follow up to the Kushiel Legacy was going to be lacking! I'm glad to report I was wrong. Jacqueline Carey is a wonderful writer/storyteller. I only wish that the next book "Kushiel's Justice" was availble now!!! Roll on June 2007.