Profile for Ross Kilshaw > Reviews

Content by Ross Kilshaw

Ross Kilshaw "dj keestar" (Scotland)

Why You Suck at Golf: 50 Most Common Mistakes by Recreational Golfers
Why You Suck at Golf: 50 Most Common Mistakes by Recreational Golfers

5.0 out of 5 stars Common sense advice, 4 Mar. 2013
This is an excellent read. I have been golfing for years, badly/averagely. I have a 16 handicap which should be lower. This book tells me things which I already knew but had forgotten and a few things I had never thought about. If you read the book and think about the points raised I am sure it will help you get a little bit better at golf. It's all common sense really, but as we know common sense normally goes out the window as soon as we step onto the first tee.

Helly Hansen Mens Web Belt with Plastic Buckle Black
Helly Hansen Mens Web Belt with Plastic Buckle Black
Offered by Just Click Group

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Value, 4 Mar. 2013
Cheap hard wearing belt. Exactly what i hoped it would be. I plan to use this with snowboarding trousers and it is perfect.

Safety Blinkers
Safety Blinkers
Offered by Trend Mall

5.0 out of 5 stars Hardy little fella, 14 Dec. 2011
Bought this flashing collar for our very active cocker spaniel, Obi. He had a red plastic bone shaped flashing collar fitting before which worked well for a few months but eventually got shaken loose and only flashed intermittently. This however appears to be a much more robust little fella. It flashes very brightly and lights up the dog and the ground around the dog. The light from the old one could only be seen when the dog was facing you but this can be seen from quite a few angles. It has been running for a couple of weeks with the first set of batteries included and is showing no signs of dimming yet (I dont think), and there is a second set of batteries also included so pretty good value for a couple of quid. The batteries will be very cheap to replace (on Amazon of course) when the time comes. I was dubious of the screw fitting as I was worried it would unscrew itself and fall out however the screw fitting is reassuringly tight. Easy to screw but very unlikely to come out. Certainly not when fully tight and the light is flashing - and very unlikely after half a screw to turn the light out. All in all I am delighted with this so far. It is exactly what I was looking for and at a great price. I nearly paid double the price as I wanted to get one which was good quality and shouldn't need replaced. But I am very glad I decided to have a punt on this one for a few quid. Money very well spent.

Understanding Exposure: How to Shoot Great Photographs with a Film or Digital Camera
by Bryan Peterson

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent read. Very good book., 4 Aug. 2010
I bought this book on a recommendation from an experienced photographer friend and would now strongly recommend it to anyone new to photography. Its an easy read which should take no more than a few hours to read through and will give you the knowledge you need to start taking creative photos immediately. A very good read. Excellent explanations and very quick results (for me). You might soon be taking the majority of your photos on manual exposure and knowing exactly what to do.