Profile for Alex > Reviews

Content by Alex

Alex

Ultra (TM) Active Shutter3d Glasses RF Bluetooth Signal 3d Glasses Black in colour using Button batteries for all Mainstram active shutter 3d tvs including Samsung Panasonic and Mainstream Tvs Using Bluetooth RF Signals

4.0 out of 5 stars Cheap, but cheerful, 17 Jan 2014
I bought these to go with my projector, an EPSON TW5200. They work perfectly with it, and I imagine they work with all the other 3D projectors Epson manufacture.

They're comfortable and light, and while you can tell they're cheap it does not affect their function at all.

Would definitely recommend to someone looking to invest in 3D without re-mortgaging their house.

HDMI Female to Micro HDMI Type D Male Adapter EVO 4G
HDMI Female to Micro HDMI Type D Male Adapter EVO 4G
Offered by Goods-cool.

2.0 out of 5 stars Flimsy, 30 Dec 2013
Broke the very first time I used it. Not from poor build quality, but poor design. HDMI cables tend to put a bit of tension on their sockets because of the thick gauge of the wires. The very first thing that happened when I inserted this into my laptop on the end of an HDMI cable was the male tip got twisted and the cable bent.

I have since replaced this adapter with a cable-based one (male plug → cable → female socket) and I'm far happier with that. Highly recommend purchasing the other style, and not this.

QI standard Wireless Charger for Google Nexus 7 II FHD Tablet by MCPOWER
QI standard Wireless Charger for Google Nexus 7 II FHD Tablet by MCPOWER
Offered by LingsFire

3.0 out of 5 stars It works, but bright, 30 Dec 2013
It works as described, but the one I received was white and when charging it has a bright blue led inside that flashes. Okay during daylight, but in a dark room on a bedside table when you're trying to sleep it's impossible. If you're going to get one, make sure it's black.

WARMEN Best Sale!Ladies Opera Long Genuine Soft Nappa Leather Gloves (S, Black)
WARMEN Best Sale!Ladies Opera Long Genuine Soft Nappa Leather Gloves (S, Black)
Offered by Sunshine Gloves

5.0 out of 5 stars A well received present, 30 Dec 2013
These were purchased as a gift to a friend and they were very well received. The lady in question loved the gloves. The quality is fantastic and the leather feels great. The only trouble is she hasn't enough matching outfits.

Would highly recommend to anyone looking for this kind of glove.

Epson EH-TW5200 Full HD 1080p 3LCD 3D Home Cinema and Gaming Projector
Epson EH-TW5200 Full HD 1080p 3LCD 3D Home Cinema and Gaming Projector
Offered by Ballicom International

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect first home cinema projector, 30 Dec 2013
I've never owned a projector before, but I've always wanted one. I love cinema and image quality matters a lot to me (just ask my blu-ray collection). So I've been wanting to set up a home cinema of my own for some time, but without emptying the piggy bank, so to speak.

I bought the EH-TW5200 in a flash sale when it had dropped to £600. I have had it several days and watched ~10 movies on it (and played a few videogames). So far it has been superb. The picture is sharp and beautiful. When you are quite close to the screen and the image is large (within a couple of feet of a 100" screen) you can begin to make out the individual pixels (they are not uniform, think thousands of tiny prisms), which have a small black border around them. This is not an issue though, at regular viewing distances they are completely undiscernable and it looks great.

The projector is quiet, but not silent. It can be a little noisy in 'dynamic' mode though, however I keep it in 'cinema' mode on the 'eco' power setting which is nice and quiet. There was also a faint clicking sound (quite noticeable) when the image goes to or from plain/black. I identified this to be the auto iris in action. Disabling the auto iris removed the sound and has had no visible effect on the picture quality, so it has not been a problem. The built-in speaker is surprisingly powerful and spend most of their time set to around half volume when watching films (I intend to purchase surround sound in the near future).

Heat wise the projector gets quite warm on the right side (when facing the same direction as the projector), since that is where the heat vent is. There's a constant stream of hot air coming out of the front right, so sitting directly to the front right side of the projector is inadvisable at a short distance, but it affects a small enough area not to be a concern.

The projector has adjustable feet at the back, but not the front which is a little annoying, but only a minor inconvenience when setting up the angle and position correctly.

Would I recommend this projector? Absolutely. It does everything I wanted, and for £600 I'm very satisfied. It's a lovely first projector that I expect will serve me very well in the coming years.