Profile for M. Adams > Reviews

IDE 44 Pin Male to CF Compact Flash Male Adapter Connector
IDE 44 Pin Male to CF Compact Flash Male Adapter Connector
Offered by sourcingmap

5.0 out of 5 stars Bought this for my Rio Karma, 18 Jun 2013
I bought this for my Rio Karma as I wanted to swap out the 20 GB HDD for a 32 GB Compact Flash card. Had a problem initially as I couldn't get it to work! It fits into the Rio Karma with the Compact Flash card facing down, the problem is that it needs to go the other way round. There is nothing to tell you which way round it goes, so I wrongly assumed that it went that way. In order to get it to fit the other way round I had to file the pins down. They stick out by a couple of mm through the back of the board so I had to carefully file them flush with the board. Now it's working perfectly. I also changed the battery, so hopefully it should give my Rio Karma a new lease of life and also the battery should last a bit longer. Can't complain about the price either!

KRUPS XP5240 Precise Tamp Pump Espresso Machine, Stainless Steel
KRUPS XP5240 Precise Tamp Pump Espresso Machine, Stainless Steel

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant machine, 18 Jun 2013
This is my third Krupps machine. The first one, which used a pressure system (not a pump) lasted for 17 years! The last one I had was the XP4000 which only lasted for 4 years. This was really my fault for using the very hard tap water that we have where I live. My latest purchase is the XP5240 (bought in a local shop) and I must say it is a great improvement over the XP4000. This time I am only using low mineral content bottled water, so hopefully it will last longer than the other one.
I have been using it for about two months and so far it has wworked flawlessly. We drink a lot of coffee at home, so it's being used on average 5 or 6 times a day. We always grind our own coffee and usually use a mixture of normal and torrefacto beans. (this can block up some machines more quickly).

Improvements over the XP4000:

It's a lot quieter and doesn't vibrate, the XP4000 used to move the cups sometimes!

The clamping system works really well, no need to tamp down the coffee in this machine and it creates a very good seal. It's also really easy to clean.

The milk frother is a huge improvement, it will make incredibly creamy froth and it can't fly off like the other one could!

Better overall appearance

ASUS Crosshair IV Formula - AMD 890FX - Socket AM3 - PCI-E 2.0 - DDR3 1600/1800/1866 - SATA 6Gb/s RAID - SupremeFX X-Fi Audio - CrossFire - ATX

5.0 out of 5 stars Great motherboard, 5 Jun 2013
Been running this board with Crossfire HD6850 (overclocked) and Phenom ii 1045 @ 3800Mhz (H80), Northbridge, Southbridge and memory OC'd for over a year with no problems whatsoever.

AMD Phenom II X6 1045T Six Core Processor (2.70 GHz, 6MB Cache, Socket AM3, 95W, 3 Year Warranty, Retail Boxed)

5.0 out of 5 stars Bargain, 5 Jun 2013
Got this processor connected to an Asus Crosshair IV, H80 liquid cooler and running stable for over a year at 3800Mhz.

MSI Z77A-G43 Motherboard (Intel Core i3/i5/i7/Pentium/Celeron, Intel Z77, ATX, RAID, Gigabit LAN, Socket LGA1155)

5.0 out of 5 stars Used this to build a Hackintosh, 5 Jun 2013
Used this board along with an i3 and Myhack to build a Hackintosh. Minimal configuration adjustment needed, so would recommend for that.

TDK T78301 25GB 4x Recordable BD-R - Cakebox 25 Pack
TDK T78301 25GB 4x Recordable BD-R - Cakebox 25 Pack
Offered by Blank-Discs-Com SuperSaver

5.0 out of 5 stars You need to be careful of the write speed, 5 Jun 2013
I have been using these with a "LiteOn EHBU 312 12x USB 3.0 External Blu-Ray Writer" which supposedly adjusts the write speed to the media. In the case of these disks, it tries to write to them at 10x inevitably resulting in coasters! I have not had any problems yet burning these at 4x.

Startech.com DisplayPort to DVI Active Adapter
Startech.com DisplayPort to DVI Active Adapter

5.0 out of 5 stars Use this with a three screen display, 5 Jun 2013
I am using this with 2 x Asus HD 6850 in Crossfire. If you want to combine three monitors in one Eyefinity group then you need to connect all three monitors to the first graphics card. Mine have 2 x DVI, 1 x DisplayPort and 1 x HDMI. I am using the two DVIs and this adapter and it works perfectly. Once you get used to the "unfair" advantage of three screens, you'll never want to go back to the blinkered view that you get with just one screen. In a driving sim (depends on the game), the central monitor is the windscreen and the others show the wing-mirror and side view.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars More reliable than the others I've tried, 5 Jun 2013
Been using this to charge my Galaxy Tab 2.7.0 and a few other devices and so far it has worked well. Doesn't get too hot, unlike some chargers I've used in the past, and it's on most of the time.

Korg microKEY-61 USB MIDI Controller
Korg microKEY-61 USB MIDI Controller

5.0 out of 5 stars Quality mini midi keyboard, 5 Jun 2013
As other reviewers have already mentioned, this is a bargain, because it comes with eight soft synths included in the price (over 130 pounds worth). The keyboard has a nice solid feel to it and the keys also feel really nice. I love the Wavestation! (Always wanted to have one, but could never afford it). The software can be used with PC and MAC. So far, I've only tried it with my PC.

Kingston Technology USB 3.0 Multi Card Reader
Kingston Technology USB 3.0 Multi Card Reader

5.0 out of 5 stars Worth getting for faster cards., 5 Jun 2013
This is well worth getting if you have USB 3.0 and fast cards. The only downside is that it is a bit bulky as you can see from the picture. You need to have enough free space above and below the USB socket in order to be able to plug it in. It certainly makes a massive difference when copying large files acroos to a fast microSD compared to the snail pace USB 2.0.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4