Profile for katiep2804 > Reviews

Content by katiep2804

katiep2804 "pinkkatie129"

Page: 1 | 2
New U Fitness Yoga and Pilates  (Wii)
New U Fitness Yoga and Pilates (Wii)

5.0 out of 5 stars Exactly what I needed! Look forward to doing it each day!, 20 May 2013
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
I totally love this 'game'. Its exactly what I was looking for. I love that it combines both yoga and pilates in each session. I decided to buy this alongside doing hula hooping to help tone my waist, tummy and bum. I have only been using the game for a few days but I am addicted to how amazing a feel after each class and I can feel the burn in my hips which is the one place I can never manage to get a good work out with any other means! The classes progressively get more challenging which I love. (Only by holding the pose an extra 10 seconds each time but you definitely feel it). I am nearly half way through my current goal to 'banish my belly'. You earn trophies and medals as you go so you can track your progress. Each session is progressing nicely and i'm sure it will get much tougher but I am enjoying it. You only progress to the next stages once you have earned enough points so you will never be out of your comfort zone. At the moment the first few classes haven't left me exhausted so I tried some of the challenges after which are very very tough. Standing in a pose for 3 minutes on each side.

I also like that you can choose a quick class if you don't have enough time and also you can do a custom class picking the moves that they feel you are ready for. More open up as you progress. The optional meditations are nice too, sometimes you just want to lie down and relax your body and mind after a workout and this is lovely. I like that it used both the balance board and your wii remote (I use my normal wii remote and have had no problem with it so far, no need to rush out and buy a wii motion plus).

If you are after a new way to do pilates and yoga in the comfort of your own home this is for you. Its much better than trying to follow dvd's for a few reasons. You get the option to watch how its done before you try it each time, no standing upside down trying to follow the instructor (some people have complained that they still have to do that with this but if you watch it first its really easy to pick up). I also like that its tailored towards your goal and there are plenty to choose from. And also, dvd's are more universal and there is usually no room for progression, but this game lets you progress at your own pace towards your goal.

I really like it and I think if you are determined to shape up, work hard and enjoy the game it will be perfect for you too!

Bluesky Gel Polish Grapefruit Sparkle 40546 - UV Gel Soak off Nail Polish 10ml
Bluesky Gel Polish Grapefruit Sparkle 40546 - UV Gel Soak off Nail Polish 10ml
Offered by Deal Pot Ltd
Price: 5.50

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely pale pink sparkle, 21 April 2013
I really like the sparkle with this polish. In sunlight it is dazzelingly sparkly :-) It goes on almost clear but with a pink shine, so if you are after more of a pink colour then use a pink for the first coat and a couple of coats of this ontop for the sparkle. Long lasting and a great alternative to CNDs 20 polish. Bargain.

#02 Gellure U.V & L.E.D Gel Nail Polish - Elegant - A Delicate Mid Pink Opaque - Flirty & Feminine!
Offered by Body Reform
Price: 19.90

4.0 out of 5 stars More peachy than pink but I still like it, 14 April 2013
I bought this with the kit as one of my chosen colours. It says mid pink but i'd say its more peachy/nude. (I have attached a photo in the customer pics) I still really like the colour but if its a pale pink you're after this isn't the colour for you.

GellureTM Soak Off U.V & L.E.D Gel Polish Starter Kit 1 includes 4 Gel Colours of your choice. GELLURE GEL POLISHES ARE DOUBLE THE SIZE OF SHELLAC & CURE IN L.E.D LIGHT AS WELL AS U.V LIGHT!
Offered by Body Reform
Price: 184.90

5.0 out of 5 stars If you use it correctly its perfect, 14 April 2013
I wanted a gel nail kit to use at home instead of paying 25 a time to go to the salon to get it done. I bought this kit having done much research on all the different brands and reading all the reviews. Getting worried that if I didn't spend the huge amount on CND Shellac that it wouldn't be as good. I needn't have worried. I love this kit. I started with my toesnails because I thought if I mess it up it no one will see it. I'm glad I did, on my first attempt they started to peel off in big chunks. I was gutted. But I knew the fault was with myself and how I was doing it rather than the product. I emailed bodyreform to ask for some advise and they got back straight away with some useful hints. I had clearly been doing it too thickly, you barely need to put anything on the brush at all which is great cause the bottles will last a long time. I had also not been paying attention to their instructions as to how long to cure it for, I was going by the preset times on the lamp which are 90 sec and 120 sec when you need to do it for 2 mins and 3 mins. (to do 3 mins just put the timer to 90 sec twice, not so hard). This is because the lamp is universal and needs adjusting to work with gellure polish.

Anyway, I removed the polish easily from my toes using the product supplied and waited a couple of days to reapply. This time I did it much thinner and for the correct about of timing in the lamp and they are perfect! I then feeling brave went on to do my fingernails the night after and they came out stunning and perfect. I actually found the gel much easier to control than normal polish, especially when trying to paint my right hand with my left hand.

The gellure polishes to buy are 19.90 which is quite expensive so wont be buying the whole range. I'm going to try some cheaper brands first to compare and will always go back to gellure to buy the odd one or two.

Worth buying at home, pays for itself in 3 uses and saves you time, money and worry about going to a salon to get it done. Don't think I will go back to normal nail polish ever again.I love that its not chipped already.

Karrimor Women's Snow Quilt Fur L Weatherite Check Black/Cochineal Snow Boot K288Cbc151 7 UK
Offered by scrambled orange
Price: 44.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Wow! Amazingly comfy, 5 Dec 2012
I bought these boots because I walk to and from work each day and really wasn't feeling safe in my regular shoes on the ice. They arrived today and I ordered them in my usual size 5 which I was a bit worried about because I saw a lot of people ordered a size up but they fit perfectly and I think would even have room for thicker socks too. They are super comfy and padded so protect your feet when you are walking. You can wear trousers over the top but also have enough room to wear skinny jeans inside aswell. They make walking so easy aswell as they have a slight rocking effect and they are slightly arched. Not snowed properly here yet this winter but looking forward to wearing them when it does. All in all a great boot!

Chocolate Animals (Twenty to Make)
Chocolate Animals (Twenty to Make)
by Frances McNaughton
Price: 3.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Some great ideas to get you started, 1 Dec 2012
I purchased this little book along with a few other sugarcraft ones from the same series. It provides a good recipe to make the modelling chocolate, some great hints on using it and some useful instruction on how to create some animals out of chocolate. The first ones I tried out where two cats and a tiny mouse :) (picture has been uploaded) You dont have to stick exactly with the positioning of the animals but the thing I found most useful was how the book weighs out the proportions of the head/body etc. So have some scales near by because its very useful. It means you can double the weight for a larger animal or half the weight for a smaller one. Nothing is too complicated in this book so is great if you are just starting out. Alot of modelling items can be done by following sugarcraft books/ideas too.

10 Minute Solution - Fat Blasting Latin Dance Mix [DVD]
10 Minute Solution - Fat Blasting Latin Dance Mix [DVD]
Dvd ~ 10 Minute Solution
Offered by The Happy Zombie
Price: 4.55

5.0 out of 5 stars Good fun to dance to!!, 18 Sep 2010
I really enjoyed this dvd. Its good fun but like picking up any dance it can take a few times to get the moves right, i had to rewind some of the moves to pick it up, but once you get going with it it feels good. Its nice to do a dance as a workout instead of tough crunchies etc. I'd recommend maybe buying another one of these dvd's, perhaps a toning one and alternating it day to day with a dance one like this to keep it mixed up and interesting.

I like how they build up the sections into little dance routines so you feel like you are acheiving something by the end. The 10 minute sections are great too as you can pick a favourite or do a few or like I did do them all. Some people have said that they didnt work up a sweat with this and it was too gentle but I don't know what type of dancing they were doing because I was working up a good sweat by the end. You have to move all of your body to get the full work out so its not just in the legs.

It's gret value for money!! I'd recommend this dvd, however, if you have 2 left feet and no timing it may not suit you.

10 Minute Solution - Belly, Butt And Thigh Blasters [DVD] [2009]
10 Minute Solution - Belly, Butt And Thigh Blasters [DVD] [2009]
Price: 5.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Great workout! Tones all the right places., 18 Sep 2010
I really love these dvd workouts. They are so versatile and you can use them around your busy life schedule. If you're like me and like going to fitness classes but can't find the time anymore these are great. I've been to a very similar bums tums and thighs class before and recognised alot of the moves (plus some new ones too). You can choose which section you like to work on or you can mix and match or use them all like I did for a proper 50 minute workout. I really broke up a sweat and it was easy to follow too. (I'm a bit rough around the edges with the tummy crunchies as I have no tummy strength but i'm hoping that'll improve over time).

The sections are:

Better booty camp - to tone your bum

Strong and slim thighs - to tone up the thighs

Trim and tones tummy - hardest one for me!

Lower body make over - targets all areas

Belly flab fighter - pretty intense non stop cardio one

I see alot of reviews by people saying its "too hard work" was "painful" or "not for beginners" but i think thats rubbish! Any work out has to challenge you and if you don't manage it first time, thats why you keep using it....to improve!!

So.. my final words.. this dvd workout is great to work out to, it is easy to follow, is fun and also has some challenging parts too to work on. The girl is motivational but not in your face. Its great that you can pick the sections that you'd like to work on but it feels great all over to do all of them and you feel you've had a great workout by the end! The resistance band really brings an extra level to the moves too.

I went a bit nuts and bought alot more from these series and so far they are all great fun! I think mixing it up and not doing the same one over and over will keep these dvds interesting.

Goo Goo Dolls: Live In Buffalo [DVD]
Goo Goo Dolls: Live In Buffalo [DVD]
Dvd ~ The Goo Goo Dolls

5.0 out of 5 stars Wow! that was amazing!, 9 Jan 2006
What can i say? That was brilliant! Those guys can certainly sing live! I was not at all disapointed. They play all the greatest songs and the fact that they just kept on playing even though the rain was coming down in sheets...it was amazing! Great for all those who are particular Johnny fans as he gets soaking;)...sooo hot!! I have a sore throat at the moment and it cheered me up no end. The only down side was i kept feeling jealous cause i will never be able to experience a performance like that as i'm from Scotland:( All the more reason though to have this dvd! Only one word for this dvd/cd AMAZING!!!!!

Stop All the World
Stop All the World
Offered by FastMedia "Ships From USA"
Price: 10.50

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing album!, 1 Oct 2005
This review is from: Stop All the World (Audio CD)
I really love this album, it was a bit of a gamble as i'd never heard of him before but i fell in love with his voice on the wee 30sec clips and just had to buy it. I'm so glad i did, "Brace yourself" and "colide" are by far the best songs and the rest are pretty amazing too. The Acoustic versions are beautiful,you can really hear how amazing that guys voice really is in them. If in doubt..........BUY IT

Page: 1 | 2