Profile for SDG 74 > Reviews

SDG 74

The Yellow Birds
The Yellow Birds

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book, 27 April 2013
This review is from: The Yellow Birds (Kindle Edition)
I tend not to read too many books based on war, as I'm never really sure how it will be portrayed. But after reading some of the reviews I downloaded it for my kindle. I'm glad I did, as this is a beautifully written book, about a not so beautiful subject matter. Yet Powers, once a soldier himself, tells a moving story about the uncertainty of war, and the ramifications suffered by those involved. A must read.

Boxer, Beetle
Boxer, Beetle

4.0 out of 5 stars Worth a read, 27 April 2013
This review is from: Boxer, Beetle (Kindle Edition)
I downloaded this book not really sure to expect, as I hadn't read any of Beaumans work before.

Boxer, Beetle starts off in the here and now, following the exploits of one of the books main characters, Kevin, who happens to collect Nazi war memorabilia. Whilst pursuing his love for all things associated with Nazis, Kevin soon finds out he's in deeper than he would care to be, as he is embroiled in something far bigger than he could have imagined; a letter from Hitler, a dead detective, super strength beetles and Seth, the brutal boxer who becomes one of the books most interesting characters.

A good book, lively plot, with some well imagined characters, as the title says: worth a read :)