Profile for Tim Lancashire > Reviews

Ardbeg 10 Year Old Malt Whisky 70 cl
Ardbeg 10 Year Old Malt Whisky 70 cl
Price: 40.79

5.0 out of 5 stars Bloody Gorgeous, 25 Nov 2012
I'm not going to babble on about the nose or the taste or the finish, there are plenty of books out there happy to praise Ardbeg.

What I am going to do is suggest you grab it while it's cheap!

If you're a fan of peaty whisky, you'll surely love this delicious nectar ;)

It does pack quite a peaty punch though, so be sure that's what you're looking for before purchasing :)

The Real Global Warming Disaster: Is The Obsession With `Climate Change` Turning Out To Be The Most Costly Scientific Blunder In History?
by Christopher Booker
Price: 16.19

5.0 out of 5 stars Eye Opening, 18 Dec 2009
After years of only ever hearing/seeing the 'consensus' view on Global warming, I tired of it and decided to see if there actually was an alternative. I had heard about an anti-global warming documentary on channel 4 so knew there was an actual counter-argument at the least. I looked around the net and found plenty of books on the subject but this particular one caught my attention for two reasons, 1, it is current and was only released recently, 2, it got good reviews wherever i looked.

I've not quite finished reading the book as yet but it has gripped me from start to nigh-finish ;) Christopher Booker has a lot to say and backs up just about every point with quotes, references and 'links'. If even a tiny percent of this book were to be correct, it would completely destroy the vast majority of climate change science/politics we incessantly get repeated at us via the news/BBC/media.

The most disturbing thing this book brings to light is that if politicians are this blind/deceptive then what else is it they are lying/blindly repeating to us that is based in unreality? It's a disturbing point and this book certainly addresses enough of the issues re: global warming to make it a valid point.

I will leave my review there however, for fear of imprisonment in an asylum for climate change denial or theories of a conspiratorial nature! lol