Profile for Amazon Customer > Reviews

Lugols Iodine Solution 12% 30ml
Lugols Iodine Solution 12% 30ml
Offered by Health Leads UK

4.0 out of 5 stars What's with the labelling?, 14 Mar 2014
I am 2 days into using this, so far I am feeling pretty good - mentally sharper.

HOWEVER it's a pity I wasn't mentally sharp when I ordered or I would have noticed the lack of any mention of 12% on the label. It's nowhere. Surely this is vital information?
Anyway, I wrote it on myself. Not good.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 25, 2014 4:33 PM GMT

Why We Get Fat: And What to Do about It
Why We Get Fat: And What to Do about It
by Gary Taubes
Edition: Mass Market Paperback

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent read, 19 Feb 2013
Gets a little sciencey but a challenge is good. So much in this book makes sense. If you are in any doubt about the high-fat low carb idea for better heath then read this. It is hard to remain unconvinced.

Trick and Treat: How Healthy Eating is Making Us Ill
Trick and Treat: How Healthy Eating is Making Us Ill
by Barry Groves

5.0 out of 5 stars Just a great, informative read., 19 Feb 2013
This has been eye-opening and life-changing read. I'm not one for admitting such things, I'm fairly cautious by nature. But this book has opened my eyes to the supposedly "healthy eating" advice peddled almost everywhere you turn. The ideas in this book make sense. Others have already described the book really well, I just wanted to add my 5 stars. I am grateful to the questionning minds of driven people like the author, who have done so much research for books like these and formed coherent arguments on a range of issues that challenge our deep-rooted beliefs on nutrition. Challenge yourself: put your sceptical head on and read this and try to retain your low-fat, wholewheat, poylunsaturated, low-salt, 5-a-day, sun-block-wearing, soya-filled ideas by the end. Go on.

Wheat Belly
Wheat Belly
by Davis, William MD

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent readable read, 19 Feb 2013
This review is from: Wheat Belly (Hardcover)
Recommended. Eye-opening, alarming information. If you have children and babies I would read this before you fetch in another loaf/ box of cereal/bag of pasta etc to feed them with. I don't feel the same way about wheat anymore. Lovely and tasty as it is. I have, by stealth, minimised our wheat consumption to just a few occasions a week. The difference is: I have lost weight- nearly half a stone especially round the middle, the kids are less "snacky" and don't pester me so much in between meals , our meat and vegetable consumption has increased (which is more nutritious for us - read Barry Groves Trick and Treat and Gary Taubes Why We Get Fat for the science of weight gain) and I am cooking more from scratch which is always a good idea. Wish I could eliminate wheat altogether... I keep this book handy to remind me why!

4-Pack Callippo Silicone Ice Pop Moulds Calipo Push Up Lolly Mold
4-Pack Callippo Silicone Ice Pop Moulds Calipo Push Up Lolly Mold
Offered by Sourcing4U Limited

4.0 out of 5 stars Tried as a "reusable squeezy yogurt tube" in kids' packed lunch, 19 Feb 2013
Good, well - made product, doesn't leak, will definitely use as a summer lolly or lunchbag cooler when the weather gets hot.

Not successful as a frozen yogurt container! I wanted the kids to have a healthier yogurt as they are always on those sugarfilled squeezy tubes. Plus I wanted to save a few pennies. So I filled these with natural yogurt and froze them. Sadly not only did the kids hate and condemn the yogurt they left a mess in the lunchbox with the leftovers. Will perhaps try again when they've forgotten all about it...

Blue Bottle Mystery: An Asperger Adventure (Asperger Adventures)
Blue Bottle Mystery: An Asperger Adventure (Asperger Adventures)
by Kathy Hoopmann

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent for my 9 year old, 27 Jun 2011
I bought this following previous good reviews and I wasn't disappointed. It turned out to be an excellent way of broaching the subject with my recently-diagnosed son, as other reviewers have also said. I was worried about how I was going to tell him; as it turned out I handed him the book while he was cooling off after a "meltdown". Once my son had read it he declared enthusiastically that he had enjoyed it and that Ben was just like him, with his flapping hands! I was pleased at him making a connection to the main character - this eased us into a straightforward discussion of what Asperger's syndome is, and the autistic spectrum. My son is fairly sensitive to discussions about himself and his behaviour and can become anxious and distressed, so it was a welcome relief to have avoided that just by giving him this book. He already thought he was different to the other kids and now this book has given him some of the reasons why. I was glad that HE realised he was like Ben rather than ME telling him: sometimes the poor kid gets overwhelmed with me explaining things to him, this way it was like he could discover more about himself for himself ( instead of being lectured to ). There is so much more about autism to be discussed as time goes on.. but my heartfelt thanks to the author of this book for getting us started!