Profile for Kjaye > Reviews

Content by Kjaye

Kjaye (England)

Biona Organic Black Beans 400 g (Pack of 12)
Biona Organic Black Beans 400 g (Pack of 12)

5.0 out of 5 stars Well priced, nice and healthy, 29 April 2014
These have become a staple for me with eggs and fresh parsley most mornings. Beans don't have much of a taste themselves but cooked in butter with salt, pepper and strong cheddar cheese on top they go down a treat!

Health Store Organic Quinoa 500 g (Pack of 3)
Health Store Organic Quinoa 500 g (Pack of 3)

5.0 out of 5 stars Great value for money, 29 April 2014
This is the cheapest source of quinoa I've found, at a time where everyone else seems to be putting the price up due to high demand. Great tasting, super healthy, the three separate bags are convenient to ensure freshness. I order this by subscription every month.

Linwoods Organic Milled Flaxseed 425 g (Pack of 2)
Linwoods Organic Milled Flaxseed 425 g (Pack of 2)
Offered by Activecare Online

5.0 out of 5 stars Great tasting, full of health benefits., 29 April 2014
Big fan of flaxseed and get these regularly via Amazon subscription. Tastes great, I eat some most days with either natural yoghurt or porridge. One pack lasts me nearly a month and the resealable packet keeps it fresh, providing you keep it in the fridge of course.

Fish 4 Ever Wild Alaskan Pink Salmon 213 g (Pack of 6)
Fish 4 Ever Wild Alaskan Pink Salmon 213 g (Pack of 6)

5.0 out of 5 stars Great tasting healthy wild salmon!, 29 April 2014
I was looking for a nice quality, responsibly sustained wild salmon product and this fit the bill nicely. Tastes great, nice size and canned food is so quick and easy to prepare. I eat it with organic quinoa that I also buy from Amazon and some healthy frozen veg. Can't go wrong for a quick healthy dinner!

Silverline 594260 Jump Leads 600A max 3.6m
Silverline 594260 Jump Leads 600A max 3.6m

2.0 out of 5 stars Failed to start my car, 14 April 2010
I ordered these from Amazon after I had a flat battery and they were delivered the next day thanks to Amazon Prime.

They look nice but unfortunately weren't able to get my car going. They got the lights and wipers working but they didn't provide enough juice to start the engine, even after 15 minutes, I guess my battery was very flat.

My step dad had his own jump leads however which he had made himself, much thicker copper and they got the car going instantly.

These leads are pretty thin, it's mostly plastic tubing with little copper in the cables, which you can see instantly as they bend so easily. My step dad's cables were really stiff, indicating that there was far more copper inside to conduct the electricity.

Maybe my battery was especially flat and this isn't the normal experience with these leads, but I've now got another much thicker pair as I couldn't trust these to get me going in an emergency.

Considering the mostly excellent reviews for these I would say my experience might be unusual, and my battery may have been especially flat. I'd be interested to hear from other's who have actually had to use them however, and if they got the car going or not.

Club Chess Combo 2- 77mm King with Vinyl chessboard
Club Chess Combo 2- 77mm King with Vinyl chessboard

5.0 out of 5 stars Decent cheap little set for travel use, 8 Mar. 2010
As an active club player I bought this as an easy to transport chess set to take with me whenever I stay at my mum's house for a weekend or something.

It's similar in style to many chess club sets although slightly smaller. The set is reasonably attractive and the board being roll up vinyl is nice and easy to move from one location to another.

The pieces are housed in a little green draw-string bag.

Nothing much more to say, for the money it's great value, delivery was very prompt and it's a nice cheap and cheerful purchase.

The pieces are a bit smaller than tournament size, it's not a very big set, but that's fine for me as it means extra portability.

The only other point to mention is that the photo which shows the set having an extra set of queens is misleading, it doesn't, but then who really cares at this price.

Very happy with the purchase.

Bowflex Bench 3.1
Bowflex Bench 3.1

4.0 out of 5 stars Good build quality, looks great, 31 Jan. 2008
This review is from: Bowflex Bench 3.1 (Misc.)
This is a very well built stylish bench that looks great when paired with the Bowflex Select Tech dumbells and stand.

It was easy to put together and came with detailed instructions that even I could understand!

The only thing I'm not totally happy about is the lack of incline options. The incline on the bench is supposedly at 45 degrees but it seems higher than that to me, I'd say around 55, certainly higher than my last bench.

Maybe it's just my personal preference but I would have liked the angle to be a tad lower for incline bench presses but it may well be that it was just becuase my last bench had a lower angle which I became accustomed to.

No complaints at all about the build quality or looks though, it's a really stylish bench. I just wish the 5.1 model was sold in the UK as I would have liked the options for more incline settings.

Still, this is a nice bench

The Endurance Training (Complete Guide to)
The Endurance Training (Complete Guide to)
by Jon Ackland

5.0 out of 5 stars Outstanding book, comprehensive training analysis, 31 Jan. 2008
I have bought many exercise books but nearly always they have been lacking with no real depth of explanation.

This one is an absolute gem though! Ackland presents a very readable yet exhaustive breakdown of the training model setting out in great detail exactly how a training program should be scheduled and why.

Where he succeeds over most other books I've read is that he doesn't offer you a program (although there are examples at the end of the book) but rather he teaches you the fundamentals of how to train and why so that you can build a workable series of training programmes yourself.

I have learnt so much from this book and it was well worth the three months I had to wait for delivery! To be fair to Amazon it was the becuase the publication date kept being delayed!

The only thing this book does not do is present any real background on the human body and the aerobic and cardio vascular function. It's all about the training aspect rather than a book on human biology.

This is in now way a criticism though as in my opinion a total focus on the how's and why's to train was what was needed, and what I hadn't found in previous books.

I can see me reading this several times over the next few years and delving into it constantly when I want to change my training routines.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 27, 2011 7:23 AM GMT

Tunturi E80 *REFURBISHED*
Tunturi E80 *REFURBISHED*

5.0 out of 5 stars An outstanding bike made even better with the T-Ware software, 31 Jan. 2008
This review is from: Tunturi E80 *REFURBISHED* (Misc.)
The build quality is very good and the pedalling motion completely silent and smooth. The saddle is fully adjustable and is about as comfortable as an upright bike can be.

There are some great features on this bike, the video footage and T-Road simulation does a great job of recreating an outdoor ride. There are only three courses though and at just over 6 km each not particularly long.

To be honest though I never use either the T Ride or T Road features as I prefer to train by Watt or heartrate and here the bike is superb.

You can select from various profiles, rolling hills, cross country, stamina etc and the detailed display will plot your journey on a graph and also graph your heart rate.

Even better is the included T-Ware software which allows you to connect the bike directly to your computer. This way all of your feedback, heart rate, distance, speed, rpm's etc are recorded and can be compared with past rides. It's an excellent resource and really sets the bike apart.

You can use the software to complete a fitness test that calculates your V02 Max and based on your level of fitness the software will design programs for you.

I've been using this bike for two months now and am really impressed. For anyone who is serious about their health and monitoring their progress I can wholeheartedly recommend this bike.

I only wish I had bought it sooneer!