Profile for R. Bailey > Reviews

Content by R. Bailey

R. Bailey (London, England)

Honeypie Minerals Mineral Foundation - Golden Fair - 10g
Honeypie Minerals Mineral Foundation - Golden Fair - 10g
Offered by Honeypie Minerals

5.0 out of 5 stars My favourite mineral make-up, 22 April 2013
I absolutely love this foundation. I'm very impressed at how nice this made my skin look and feel. Minerals are the way forward. They do such a good job at making your skin look fresh and radiant. I can't believe I used liquid make-up for so long, I was fed up of my foundation just sliding off my face a few hours into the day and the horrible cloggy feeling it gave me. These minerals are really long lasting, yet feel so light and natural. They `warm up' and settle on your face a little while after applying and adhere to your skin really well. I also bought the green corrector which was really good at eliminating the redness on my face. I'd had a microdermabrasion treatment and my dermatologist told me mineral make-up would be the best thing to use on my skin afterwards. I'm going to carry on using minerals from now on, they feel and look so much better!

Honeypie Minerals Mineral Corrector - Green concealer - 5g
Honeypie Minerals Mineral Corrector - Green concealer - 5g

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing product!, 22 April 2013
This really is great at eliminating redness on the face. I hadn't used any type of corrector before so was unsure how it would turn out, but I'm very impressed. I regularly have a microdermabrasion treatment and my dermatologist told me mineral make-up would be the best thing to conceal the bright red skin.

Other creams and liquids are a big no-no, so I'm really glad to have come across this. I applied the green powder using a soft clean kabuki brush in gentle buffing motions to the affected areas (entire cheeks, chin and forehead) ...and to my astonishment I gradually noticed a massive improvement as if my face had been completely cooled down in colour. I also bought their foundation in golden fair and applied this over the top and was also very impressed at how nice this made my skin look and feel. My family didn't even notice I'd had the microdermabrasion done.

When I removed my make-up in the evening I'd forgotten how bright red and inflamed my skin was underneath. Amazing. The small pot should last for a fair amount of time as a little bit goes a long way. It would also be good for tackling my more specific red pigmented blemishes. I'd like it if they did a large jar of this to use for my whole face, so hopefully they'll bring that out soon. I'm going to carry on using minerals from now on, they feel and look so much better!

Canon HV30 High Definition Camcorder (10 x Optical Zoom With 2.7 inch Widescreen Multi-Angle Vivid LCD) (discontinued by manufacturer)

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing Results!, 30 Jan 2009
The image quality that can be achieved using this camcorder is absolutely amazing. Whether you are after a camcorder for family events and home use, or a budding amatuer filmmaker on a budget, this is definitely worth considering.

It has an array of options and settings, which includes a CINE (cinema) mode and the ability to shoot in 25fps (frames per second) these two settings combined help to imitate a "film look" to good effect.

The built-in microphone isn't great, but serves it's purpose if you have no other options. Ideally, it is worth purchasing a seperate microphone, even if you are a casual user. This will help to cut out some of the motor noise that is emitted from the camcorder, as well as improve audio quality. The Rode Videomic is a good choice as a budget option as it can be mounted onto the camcorder. For the budding filmmakers, a seperate boom on a pole is recommended.

There are also a few accessories available for this camcorder, including an official wide-angle lens released by Canon, as well as various filters and lens hoods that can attach to the front.

I would definitely recommend investing in a larger battery as the one provided only lasts approx. 40 minutes. I highly recommend buying only official Canon batteries.

The HV30 I purchased from Amazon also included the new firmware (software installed on the camcorder), which fixed the problems that previously occured when shooting in standard definition. If for any reason your camcorder does not have it, you can download it from the Canon website.

Finally, like all high definition mini DV camcorders, the HV30 can record high definition video onto a standard mini DV cassette, so it is not essential to purchase the more costly high definition cassettes unless you desire absolute perfection.

I highly recommend using Panasonic Mini DV's. Whatever brand you choose, it is generally considered wise to stick to the same brand of mini DV as mixing lubricants by two different manufacturers can create a deposit on tape heads.

I hope this review has helped a little, and good luck on choosing your camcorder. There are some excellent alternatives that use SD cards, etc., and all have their pros and cons. But if you're happy using the tape format, then this is the camcorder for you!
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Oct 12, 2009 8:08 PM BST

Panasonic Mini DV tape SP 60/LP 90 min [3 Pack]
Panasonic Mini DV tape SP 60/LP 90 min [3 Pack]
Offered by TapeCity

5.0 out of 5 stars Panasonic Always Deliver, 30 Jan 2009
This is a great choice of mini DV for anyone wanting excellent quality at a very affordable price. I have been using these tapes with my high definition camcorder with superb results.

Highly recommended.

Panasonic DVMC Head cleaning tape for mini DV video equipment
Panasonic DVMC Head cleaning tape for mini DV video equipment
Offered by DealZone

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing Results!, 7 Jan 2009
For anyone who is experiencing image problems with their mini DV camcorder (eg. distorted image), this should be their first port of call.

My camcorder had been experiencing awful image quality for some time, and my ignorance just assumed it was time for a new camcorder. I reluctantly ordered this tape cleaner as one last attempt to rescue it. I'm so glad I did!

Simply play this cassette in your camcorder for ten seconds, and as if by magic, your camcorder will be functioning again! The information that comes with the cassette states that it can be used up to 100 times, so it is terrific value for money!

Highly recommended.

Sweex LW053 WiFi LAN USB 2.0 Adapter
Sweex LW053 WiFi LAN USB 2.0 Adapter

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolute Wireless Heaven!, 10 Jan 2008
For anyone running Windows XP and needs their PC/Laptop to be Wireless enabled, then look no further! Simply plug this little device into a USB port on your computer, install the relevant driver to your operating system (e.g. Windows XP, 2000, ME, etc.) using the CD provided, and then enjoy wireless heaven!

James Bond - Live and Let Die (Ultimate Edition 2 Disc Set)   [DVD]
James Bond - Live and Let Die (Ultimate Edition 2 Disc Set) [DVD]
Dvd ~ Roger Moore
Offered by WorldCinema

4.0 out of 5 stars Moore Bond, Moore Action!, 19 July 2006
Fantastic. Gripping. Compelling. Roger Moore is absolutely terrific in this superb addition to the James Bond series. The quality of the DVD is stunning, and the extras are well worth the investment. Roger Moore plays Bond to perfection, and on the closing credits you're left just wanting moore!