Profile for autumnleaf > Reviews

Content by autumnleaf

autumnleaf "autumnleaf"

Page: 1 | 2
Stargate SG-1 - Complete Season 1-10 plus The Ark of Truth/ Continuum (New Packaging) [DVD]
Dvd ~ Amanda Tapping
Offered by 101Trading
Price: 79.99

5.0 out of 5 stars As it should be?, 19 July 2013
I like science fiction , when it's good. The thread running through this series, the formation of the characters, all was good. As it happened I really missed quite a bit on T.V. so this was the perfect solution for me. The only thing that bugged me were all the warnings in several languages. I know they have to be, but why in the middle of the disc? in the end I elected to watch each episode separately, and this way I could be sure to see them all ( i have some doubts about whenI pushed "play all'). All in all - for me - a good buy.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Oct 9, 2013 6:13 PM BST

Elements Sterling Silver Ladies' E3977T Turquoise Disc Earrings with Flower Pattern
Price: 10.51

5.0 out of 5 stars Gorgeous!, 19 May 2013
My son picked them out, and when they arrived everyone who saw them raved over them! They're so dainty , not too large, and with lots of character! I love them !

Stargate [DVD]
Stargate [DVD]
Dvd ~ Kurt Russell
Price: 4.93

5.0 out of 5 stars Is this the future?, 19 May 2013
This review is from: Stargate [DVD] (DVD)
I love the whole Stargate business, and I thought that this film was excellently made. It makes me wonder, since so many "science fiction" "things" have come true, maybe this is also ahead of us? I wonder.

Pride & Prejudice - Love has met his match
Pride & Prejudice - Love has met his match

5.0 out of 5 stars fun, 19 May 2013
Once I saw part of this film, and I wanted to see it all! it's a modern fun version of the classic Pride and Predjudice, and it really is fun! True, it's not as heavy as the original but again, it's all fun!

Beatrix Potter The Complete Tales: The 23 Original Tales
Beatrix Potter The Complete Tales: The 23 Original Tales
by Beatrix Potter
Price: 22.63

5.0 out of 5 stars quality for our kids, 3 May 2012
I had only a couple of Beatrix Potter books when I was a child, and after looking into the Amazon possibilities, I found this book, and bought it.
It's pure quality, in a time where that is quite lacking in this field. On the spot, I decided I'd give it to my daughter when she has her first baby.
I don't think I could find a better gift.

The 13th Warrior [DVD] [1999]
The 13th Warrior [DVD] [1999]
Dvd ~ Antonio Banderas
Offered by A ENTERTAINMENT
Price: 3.49

5.0 out of 5 stars He? She?, 30 May 2011
This story happened long ago, when Vikings and superstition still roamed the earth. Antonio Banderas is the He of the story, and the She is part of the superstition that they all have to overcome together. Without letting anything out, the story is real and fantastic at the same time. I stunbled on to this film by accident, and have enjoyed watching it every so often since. There's humour, romance, intrigue and sheer courage and bravery. Suffice it to say that I enjoy this film and wish it was a little bit longer. I hope you enjoy it too.

No Title Available

4.0 out of 5 stars neo cube, 14 Mar 2011
the neo cube is quite fascinating as a toy or a sort of fun\concentration object for older kids\people. i found one main flaw - if one of the balls gets lost then so can others. you don't have a complete set then.
personally i saw myself having hours of fun, and found i didn't have the patience. on the other hand, my daughter has the patience and dexterity for making lovely things. so, it goes both ways. i think all in all it's fun and nice to have around, just for those odd moments (that sounds weird!). so it's actually up to you in the end, as always. have fun!

Viva Maria [DVD] [1965]
Viva Maria [DVD] [1965]
Dvd ~ Brigitte Bardot

4.0 out of 5 stars Viva Maria !!, 17 Oct 2010
This review is from: Viva Maria [DVD] [1965] (DVD)
I'm no expert but in my eyes this film with Brigitte Bardot, Jeanne Moreau and George Hamilton is not bad at all and even slightly naive. The two Marias are both beautiful in their youth and the film turns on that,and their naivete. I first saw the film ages ago, and it was the songs that stuck in my head all these years, until I finally had to see it again. Now, that I have seen it, I'm not disappointed, and quite happy to have this film "at my beck and call". It's a harmonious mixture of adventure, romance and even suspense\thriller, with an almost happy end. Quite worthwhile, to my thinking.

The Baker [DVD]
The Baker [DVD]
Dvd ~ Damian Lewis

5.0 out of 5 stars So very very!!, 25 Aug 2010
This review is from: The Baker [DVD] (DVD)
This film is such a jewel, in my opinion. The sheer weirdness of the whole situation, happeninig in a tiny village almost off the map, in Wales no less, is almost too much. "The Baker" is a very special guy, in a bit of trouble, and arriving at the village is like Fate intervening. The music, which has a South American sound and rhythym to it goes very well with the film, and adds to the total strangeness of the whole thing. Actually, the scene with the Spanish song sticks in my mind, it's so weird. The main characters are played well, totally "small village" characters, meaning everything. I think it's a must, we really like it! So, if you want to find out what goes on with this baker guy, see the film. It's genius!

The Three Amigos! [DVD] [1987]
The Three Amigos! [DVD] [1987]
Dvd ~ Steve Martin
Price: 7.74

5.0 out of 5 stars excellent!!, 25 Aug 2010
The Three Amigos is a really good film, Not exactly in the artistic sense but in the sense that it makes you laugh, a lot, and it even sends over a couple of value messages. These three guys come to a Mexican village, thinking that they're going to give a couple of shows, not realizing that the baddies are for real this time. Each actor has his own personality and special kind of wit, which actually helps win the day, in the end, after many "surprises". I think that if you like comedy, this is for you.

Page: 1 | 2