Profile for rachelcave.co.uk > Reviews

Dawkin's God: Genes, Memes, and the Meaning of Life
Dawkin's God: Genes, Memes, and the Meaning of Life
by Alister E. McGrath

2.0 out of 5 stars Pretty watery and not very convincing, 12 Dec. 2012
I was given this book as a gift as a good counter argument to The God Delusion. I have to say I almost gave up after 78 pages due to there not being one argument that gives any substance to the 'against Dawkins' motion.

McGrath does quote Dawkins an awful lot but tends to counter him with points-of-view or opinions and without any logical or considered argument.

Anyone can write a book that states someone else is wrong. Backing those opinions up with rationalisation is what counts and this book is very thin on that.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Apr 21, 2014 7:38 AM BST

A Billion Jokes (Volume 1)
A Billion Jokes (Volume 1)
by Peter Serafinowicz

5.0 out of 5 stars If I chuckle on the train it makes me look good so this book was bang on the cashews., 3 Nov. 2012
Really great book. Had me laughing at every turn. Great fun. will be a top christmas present for my dad and probably my brother.

Common Ground
Common Ground

5.0 out of 5 stars It's a cracker, 17 Aug. 2012
This review is from: Common Ground (MP3 Download)
This song and the whole album is a corker. A view of the world as appears through cynical yet photographic eyes.

My Travel Toy "BOLA The Cat" Travel Toy Pillow Specially Designed for Kids on the go!

5.0 out of 5 stars Superb soft pillow/toy for young kids, 5 Nov. 2010
This is a lovely product and my Niece loves hers so much. It really does double as a toy and pillow and her mum says she just loves it when they are out of the house.

Nice characters too.