Profile for Jackson Jones > Reviews

Content by Jackson Jones

Jackson Jones "Bookqueen" (U.K)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
The Girl Next Door
The Girl Next Door

2.0 out of 5 stars Pointless, 1 Oct 2014
Having plodded through to the end of this, I honestly can't see why she bothered writing it. It's not actually a mystery, nor is there any suspense.....it's simply the recounting of a murder during the war, and what a bunch of very elderly people who were children at the time are up to now. Right up until the very last page I thought there was going to be a big twist to give the entire story some kind of meaning, but nope. Nothing. If you like reading about the love lives and medical ailments of people in their 80s, read this. If you like murder mysteries and suspense novels, then don't. It's a shame, but I think it's time to stop now, RR.

Don't Be Afraid of the Dentist Any More
Don't Be Afraid of the Dentist Any More

1.0 out of 5 stars Unbelievably bad book. Can't imagine why this man has felt ..., 9 July 2014
Unbelievably bad book. Can't imagine why this man has felt qualified to talk to people about dental phobia, he clearly has no idea of the issues involved. His best advice is apparently: "Why worry till it happens? When it happens, then it's too late to worry". I paid £2 something for this and it was £2 something too much. Pointless "book" that says nothing except, stop worrying, and if you can't try self hypnosis or homeopathy! Ridiculous.

All God Worshippers Are Mad: a little book of sanity
All God Worshippers Are Mad: a little book of sanity

3.0 out of 5 stars Nothing new, 11 Mar 2014
There's more to being "mad" than displaying illogical thought patterns and confirmation bias. We're all capable of that at times it's just that religious people do it more visibly and more frequently. I don't think this author has any real justification for his "they're all mad" stance......unless he's trying to suggest that over 90% of the world's population is mad and atheists are the only sane ones! It may feel like that at times, but it's not actually true, is it? But anyway, there's nothing new here, no stunning insights just a rehash of what we already know......thesim makes no earthly sense when you stop and think about it.

Tommy Hilfiger Mens Hamilton with Flap Messenger Bag Darkest Ivory
Tommy Hilfiger Mens Hamilton with Flap Messenger Bag Darkest Ivory

5.0 out of 5 stars Great!, 11 Mar 2014
Bought this for my teenage son to use as a school bag. He loves it and so do I. Lots of compartments, including a special padded one for his iPad. I was a bit iffy about spending that much money on a school bag, but this will last and last so I see it as a good investment buy. (Fits a laptop too, in case anyone wants it for that).

Somewhere Only We Know - Keane - Lyrics Words - Print Poster A4
Somewhere Only We Know - Keane - Lyrics Words - Print Poster A4

2.0 out of 5 stars Meh, 11 Mar 2014
Pointless waste of money, really. I could have printed this off my own computer at home. Was expecting something of better quality to be honest. Not even slightly worth what I paid for it.

SUPERB FUCHSIA PINK PLAIN FAUX SILK 18" CUSHION COVER
SUPERB FUCHSIA PINK PLAIN FAUX SILK 18" CUSHION COVER
Offered by Vdecor

5.0 out of 5 stars Very pretty, 11 Mar 2014
Gorgeous colour, good quality and look as if they cost more than they actually did. They also arrived super quickly too which is always good.

Polka Dot Blue Cushion Cover 45x45cm (18inch)
Polka Dot Blue Cushion Cover 45x45cm (18inch)

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing, 11 Mar 2014
These cushion covers were not a fresh, pretty blue as I'd been hoping.....more of a dull, greyish blue. They also seem quite cheap and I don't think they are worth £6 each. Seller also took their sweet time in dispatching them.

Black(S) Mens Slim Casual Fit Trench Coat Double Breasted Strap Long Jacket Overcoat Outerwear

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant!, 6 Mar 2014
I bought this for my 17 year old son who finally decided he wanted a coat (parents of teenagers will know that is this an extremely rare event). He particularly wanted a trench coat, but I wasn't willing to spend too much because a) he might change his mind and b) it might not have given him exactly the look he wanted. This has just arrived and he and I are absolutely delighted with it. The fit is perfect, and it has the right balance of casual/smart. For the first time since he was 12 he has just left for school in a coat! Happy him, happy me :)

No Man's Nightingale: (A Wexford Case)
No Man's Nightingale: (A Wexford Case)
by Ruth Rendell

4.0 out of 5 stars That's more like it!, 1 Sep 2013
My last review was for The St. Zita Society which was utterly dire, and I was upset that this author might have lost it forever. But, while this isn't vintage Rendell, it's not far off & I really enjoyed it. Even though Wexford has now retired, it's a great device to have him still close to Burden (now in his former position)so that he can get pulled into new investigations, as he does this one. We still have the problem though of every person in a racial minority being amazingly beautiful/handsome/noble looking etc - but I don't find the unfamiliarity with modern tech that grating, since I know plenty of people in their 60s who have mobiles, but no clue how to send a text message. And Sylvia hasn't got any less annoying, has she?!

And another massive thumbs-up for Nigel Anthony's narration here too - just superb. And his Wexford voice sounds exactly like George Baker!

Morphy Richards 48280 Fastbake Breadmaker
Morphy Richards 48280 Fastbake Breadmaker

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it!, 30 July 2013
This is the first breadmaker I have ever owned, and I'm astonished at how good it is. So easy to use & with perfect results every single time. And a big, big plus is one of the best instruction manuals I have ever read - clear, concise and straightforward it makes everything simple.....bung in the ingredients, press the button and wait for fresh, warm bread. Wonderful!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3