Profile for emergencyjenny > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Natural Hair Dye : Henna Hair Dye
Natural Hair Dye : Henna Hair Dye

4.0 out of 5 stars Ensure you know what you are doing!, 16 May 2014
In terms of the product, it does exactly as the packaging says and the instructions are very clear. I used it with indigo and achieved a very nice mid brown colour and great condition, although the process is a bit long winded and it certainly has a certain odour. The colour did not fade with time like many other colours do, but then the grey roots didn't look great either and it was more of a faff to then try to deal with those.

BUT… make sure that you read every word of the instructions before using it - it is a permanent dye and you will be restricted in what you can put on your hair afterwards if you want to change the colour. It works differently to other hair dyes, so will not respond to any colour stripping agents. Be very sure before using it - unless you are intending to have a pixie crop afterwards to cut out the colour…

BaByliss 5546NDU Nano 1200W Purple Hair Dryer
BaByliss 5546NDU Nano 1200W Purple Hair Dryer

5.0 out of 5 stars Great little hairdryer, 16 May 2014
I love this. I travel a lot and am sometimes restricted to lower power hairdryers, but this still has plenty of oomph, even on the 110V setting and is just as efficient as a larger dryer. Yes, it may be a little noisy, but I do not find it a problem as it does such a good job, and is small and light. Perfect - I might have to get another one as a spare!

Brainstorm Toys Magnetic Dry Wipe Board
Brainstorm Toys Magnetic Dry Wipe Board
Price: 4.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Good quality, 16 May 2014
It is a robust little board with a good surface that wipes clean easily. My only slight gripe is that the plastic surround does not easily accommodate any way to wall mount it and it doesn't come with any means for doing that. Regardless though, it is a good quality product for the price and I would buy again.

Kathmandu Duck Down Jacket v4 Wmn - Black - 16
Kathmandu Duck Down Jacket v4 Wmn - Black - 16
Offered by Kathmandu
Price: 79.99

5.0 out of 5 stars So far so good, 16 May 2014
The jacket arrived very quickly and is exactly as advertised on the site. It fits well and appears to be very warm, although I have not had the chance to try it out in cold weather yet. I like the fact it can be packed into a small stuff bag, as I travel a lot through different climates and this factor is really important.

Trixie Bathrobe for Dogs Microfibre XL 75 cm Blue
Trixie Bathrobe for Dogs Microfibre XL 75 cm Blue
Price: 9.86

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent dog bathrobe, 5 April 2014
I am really pleased with this bathrobe - even though I may have slightly overestimated the size (an XL is really a bit long for a collie). But it is incredibly efficient at drying them off - just pop it onto your wet dog and 20 minutes or so later they are almost completely dry - magic!

Nite Ize Spotlit LED Spot Light - White
Nite Ize Spotlit LED Spot Light - White
Offered by everyCasa Europe
Price: 8.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic LED light, 5 April 2014
I bought this to make my dog a little more visible at night. The light is very bright and robust and it can easily be clipped on to a collar (or keyring etc). You do need a fair amount of strength in your fingers to switch it on, but at least this means it can't be accidentally switched off. A great purchase and I will be getting more for my keys etc.

Petgear Dog Coat Hi Vis Jacket 24"
Petgear Dog Coat Hi Vis Jacket 24"
Offered by Mighty Oak Trading
Price: 9.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect!, 5 April 2014
The 24" is just right for my collie. I now feel much safer when we are walking in country lanes at dusk - the jacket is definitely hi-viz! It is also shower-proof, which is a bonus.

Numatic (Henry) Upholstery Tool with Slide-On Brush (150mm)
Numatic (Henry) Upholstery Tool with Slide-On Brush (150mm)
Offered by Kenco Spares
Price: 6.13

5.0 out of 5 stars Does what it says on the tin, 5 April 2014
I have tried to get replacement Numatic Henry accessories before, often ending up disappointed with the versions that have been supplied. Although this is slightly squarer where the tool attaches to the hose than the original (which probably makes it stronger), the bristles are firm and the connector is robust. Can't ask for any more than that!

Numatic Airo Power Brush High Performance Carpet Tool. Part number 601226.
Numatic Airo Power Brush High Performance Carpet Tool. Part number 601226.
Price: 30.91

1.0 out of 5 stars No good on carpets!, 5 April 2014
When the hoover is switched on, the brush rotates madly when in mid air, but as soon as the tool is applied to the carpet, the brush stops unless you tilt the head to the point that it isn't picking anything up either. It is fine on hard flooring, when the brush continues to rotate and does a good job, but I did not buy it for the hard floors. Disappointed.

And the Mountains Echoed
And the Mountains Echoed
Price: 1.99

2.0 out of 5 stars Too fragmented, 31 Dec 2013
I loved 'A thousand splendid suns' and 'The kite runner'and was very much looking forward to reading this book. The writing is still beautiful and evocative, but the different story threads are just too fragmented and have left me feeling as if I have read several short stories instead of a whole novel. Disappointing.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3