Profile for MR G TAYLOR > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2
Roberts Sports DAB/FM RDS Personal Digital Radio with Loudspeaker - Black
Roberts Sports DAB/FM RDS Personal Digital Radio with Loudspeaker - Black

4.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic Little Radio, 19 Jun. 2014
Great product and so much better than my phone for Radio. Great for Sport and World Cup. Ok some downside the ariel is very fragile. Screen is a bit primitive. Could be thinner. However reception is very good and unit is robust. Nice fit for work trousers. Overall I am loving working and listening to Digital Radio all day with no battery issues and a nice locking feature that holds radio on settings even if function buttons are pressed by mistake.
In summary I have many gadgets but this is my favourite, its a great buy in my opinion. If it had some mp3 files for own music maybe a Gig or two it would be awesome.

Surrealists (256 Art Books)
Surrealists (256 Art Books)
by Tim Martin

5.0 out of 5 stars Superb Surrealist Introduction, 31 Mar. 2014
Another great buy at a bargain used low price, Great pictures and an interesting read in a hard bound nicely produced volume.
Thought provoking and stimulating I really love this book.

Www HR Giger Com (25 Spring)
Www HR Giger Com (25 Spring)
by H. R. Giger

4.0 out of 5 stars Definitive Starter, 31 Mar. 2014
This book was used but in a good condition and at a bargain price. I think its a thorough look at Giger's work and life. Its pretty full on and quite explicit but thats the shock value and very much part of the works impact.
I purchased it to lead me to pastures new with my own artwork and I was surprised to see how dark Giger,s work actually is. Visceral and disconcerting he works with a variety of mediums and delivers a signature blend of horrific yet enthralling images that tap in to the dark sides of our soul.

The Complete Encyclopedia of Orchids
The Complete Encyclopedia of Orchids
by Zdenek Jezek

4.0 out of 5 stars In Depth, 31 Mar. 2014
Bargain Book, in depth with good pictures, pretty awesome for orchid lovers. I obtained it for a knock down price in excellent condition. Very Pleased.

The Good, the Bad and the Dread: The Best of Dreadzone
The Good, the Bad and the Dread: The Best of Dreadzone

5.0 out of 5 stars Wow nice album, 31 Mar. 2014
I make pottery in a studio and this is awesome background sound to create to. Cranked up loud its imaginative and has great beats, a bit spaced out dub with nice samples interspersed. Yep the pots are wild when this is on and they go slightly weird taking on a little distorted dimension that the sound has added and delivered through the makers hands. All the better for it and I am sure the concept could be extended to a variety of other activities to add a little spice.

Roberts Stream 83i Stereo DAB/FM/WiFi Internet Radio with 3 Way Speaker System
Roberts Stream 83i Stereo DAB/FM/WiFi Internet Radio with 3 Way Speaker System

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome DAB Radio, 31 Mar. 2014
I think this is a great radio and can it can really stream an amazing variety of internet stations from a decent Wi Fi Connection. I bought it for my partner and she loves it and listens to it in the office. It is bulky and a bit box like and to large to be very portable but in the right location it would be hard to beat. For the price its very good value and its big plus is its sound which is the best i have heard from any radio. I also play it through the Hi Fi and its Awesome.
Overall I love it and have found some great stations I would never have listened to before.

So Many Reverbs To Cross
So Many Reverbs To Cross

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice Album, 31 Mar. 2014
Heard the album on an internet Dub broadcast and had to buy it . Also watched the band on YouTube. Great sounding and some incredible reverb around sexy vocalist . I am sure it will grow even more. Pretty unique in all dimensions, nice mixing and accessible for mainstream as long as you like Dub flavours.

Crafter's Guide to Taking Great Photos: Fool-Proof Techniques to Make Your Handmade Creations Shine Online
by Heidi Adnum

4.0 out of 5 stars Good introduction to Craft Photography, 29 Oct. 2013
Nice simple approach to the subject. Lots of great pictures however there is not really any commentary with these apart from camera settings. The book covers lots of different crafts so while there is something for everyone there is not much of it. This said I acknowledge that its strength is that it is pitched at the crafter who is bringing their work to the web for the first time. Overall a good introduction to the field.

Worksite Men's SS607SM Black/Orange Safety Trainer SS607SM 9 UK
Worksite Men's SS607SM Black/Orange Safety Trainer SS607SM 9 UK

5.0 out of 5 stars Tough Work Trainer, 29 Oct. 2013
Great Trainers which are quite light and tough. I have put them through the washing machine and they have survived. They do seem a cut above normal trainers and have toe protection. They also look great for a work shoe as they look casual but tough. I would buy these again.

Living The Blues
Living The Blues

2.0 out of 5 stars Oh Dear ! Poor Album, 29 Oct. 2013
This review is from: Living The Blues (Audio CD)
Found this album to be discordant and self indulgent. Had a very unorganised feel to it and sounded like everyone was completely stoned when they made it. I cant get into it and its earmarked as a Christmas Present for my Brother.

Page: 1 | 2