Profile for May Hemer > Reviews

Content by May Hemer

May Hemer "Inky" (Lancashire, England)

Wahl Battery Operated Trimmer
Wahl Battery Operated Trimmer
Offered by Posh Pets

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellen product!, 15 May 2013
I bought this to trim my dogs whiskers and it does a good job. Very pleased with the product and a good price too.

Acer Aspire 5733 15.6 inch Laptop (Intel Core i3 380 2.53GHz, 8GB RAM, 750GB HDD, DVDSM DL, LAN, WLAN, Webcam, Windows 7 Home Premium 64-Bit)

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent product, 7 Sep 2012
This is the first laptop I have purchased though I have used a number of different lappies over the years at work. I found this was very easy to set up and I am delighted with it. The keyboard is good and I like the separate number pad (something that none of the works laptops ever had). The online user guide has answered any questions I have had so far. I think this product is excellent value for money.

The Besnard Lakes Are The Dark Horse
The Besnard Lakes Are The Dark Horse

5.0 out of 5 stars This is different......., 4 May 2007
Have to agree totally with Russell the first reviewer on this one. He describes the sound and feel of this album perfectly. I bought it based on a review that made it sound like my sort of thing and I am not disappointed. Fabulous vocals, gorgeous melodies but something different too. I love the unusual and this is like nothing I have heard before. Give it a listen.

At War With the Mystics
At War With the Mystics
Offered by Leisurezone

5.0 out of 5 stars Another classic from The Lips!, 11 April 2006
This review is from: At War With the Mystics (Audio CD)
Well, the waiting has definitely been worth it. This album is another belter. I can't believe how this band keep coming up with albums that continue to fascinate. Just when you think that they have reached the pinnacle of musical perfection, along comes At War With The Mystics. More up tempo than the last two albums and, dare I say, with a more funky approach. There are no stand-out tracks because the whole album is outstanding. My own personal fave is Pompeii...Can't wait to see them perform some of these tracks live at the end of April. The furry bunny suit is ready and waiting!

The Flaming Lips: Void - 1992-2005 [DVD]
The Flaming Lips: Void - 1992-2005 [DVD]
Dvd ~ The Flaming Lips

5.0 out of 5 stars The Lips at their best, 28 Feb 2006
This is a must have for the fans and a brilliant introduction to the band for anyone wanting to find out what they are all about. It's interesting to watch the earlier stuff and compare it to the more recent tracks and see how the band have matured (if you can a band like The Lips mature, that is!). My only gripe is about the DVD quality. I have had 3 copies and each one has had the same fault on the menu page (it doesn't work properly). I gave up in the end and just watch it from start to finish. However, from a music point of view it's definately a 5*. Can't wait to see them again in April and hear the new album.

Goldcard
Goldcard
Offered by thebookcommunity

5.0 out of 5 stars A revelation!, 6 Oct 2003
This review is from: Goldcard (Audio CD)
I bought this album on a recommendation. I am a great fan of The Flaming Lips, Mercury Rev and especially Sparklehorse, so it sounded right up my street. I was not disappointed. Fabulous instrumental tracks and guitar effects coupled with some beautiful lyrical songs make it the revelation of the review title. A shining light among the dross that sometimes masquerades for music today. You will not believe your ears. Buy it now!

Frengers: Not Quite Friends But Not Quite Strangers
Frengers: Not Quite Friends But Not Quite Strangers
Offered by RevisionNet

5.0 out of 5 stars Superb!, 15 Jun 2003
I bought this on the strength of seeing Am I wry? No on MTV and I wasn't disappointed. From the first track through to the mind blowing last one it just gets better. Comforting Sounds has got to be one of the best tracks I have ever heard. It makes the hairs on the back of your neck stand up. 8 minutes 53 seconds is not enough - I could listen to this forever. Music has got a future with bands like Mew around.

Stargate SG-1 The illustrated Companion Seasons 1 and 2
Stargate SG-1 The illustrated Companion Seasons 1 and 2
by Thomasina Gibson

5.0 out of 5 stars Want the low - down on SG-1 series 1 & 2? Then this is it!, 12 Oct 2001
Having been stupid enough to miss the whole of the first series and frustrated that it wasn't available on DVD, this book filled in most of the gaps. It also gives loads and loads of background info on the making of sg-1. Well worth every penny. Can't wait for the next volume...