Profile for TheBlackDiamond > Reviews

Content by TheBlackDiamond

TheBlackDiamond

Page: 1 | 2
Extendable Selfie Stick by CamKix® - With Universal Phone Holder Suitable for iPhone, Samsung, and Other Devices up to 3.25 Inches in Width - Fully Adjustable Handheld Monopod 11" - 40" Light, Compact, and Easy to Carry With You (HotPink with Remote)
Offered by ECO-FUSED UK

The Chronicles Of Narnia [DVD]
The Chronicles Of Narnia [DVD]
Dvd ~ Sophie Wilcox

1.0 out of 5 stars Really?, 27 Jan. 2014
I HATED! the first of these movies. I cannot bring myself to watch the others as the first one was so appalling.
I have noticed though that people generally love this or the big remake versions, which I adore.
Long live Jadis Queen of Narnia!
Tilda Swinton portrayed this character very well and believably. This bbc version of the white which was strange? It was like the acting from a pantomime and not very believable.Tilda made the character human like where you can connect with her and understand her point of view. BBC version was just unhinged, not intimidating and just plain badly acted.
Clearly she is my favourite character, just not in this one.

Gnomeo & Juliet / The Smurfs / Despicable Me - Triple Pack [DVD] [2011]
Gnomeo & Juliet / The Smurfs / Despicable Me - Triple Pack [DVD] [2011]
Dvd ~ James McAvoy
Offered by RevisionNet

4.0 out of 5 stars 2 out of 3, 27 Jan. 2014
I bought this box set for despicable me so to there other two are an added bonus.
I loved despicable me (it's so fluffy!)
The surfs too was very enjoyable (they're friendly).
Gnomeo and Juilet however, I did not fully love. It might be because I had watched two other movies before hand and I got bored?
The first half of the movie was good but I just lost interest in the senseless fighting. Although the end got a bit more exciting. Doubt I will rewatch it again. For this reason I take away one star.
But based on the other two movies, buy buy buy.

Prometheus to Alien: The Evolution (1979) [DVD]
Prometheus to Alien: The Evolution (1979) [DVD]
Dvd ~ Sigourney Weaver

3.0 out of 5 stars Not what I expected, 27 Jan. 2014
I bought this box set as a christmas present for someone but it wasn't what I expected. I didn't realise (even though I did try to research it) that the movies are not all the directors/special editions of aliens, alien 3 and resurrection. The theatrical cuts are okay but they don't flow well into each other very well.

Queen of the...
Queen of the...

5.0 out of 5 stars YES!, 27 Jan. 2014
This review is from: Queen of the... (Audio CD)
I bought this album many years ago after I saw the movie.
I especially love the first half of this CD. The reason I rebought the album was because my original copy is censored and I want to experience the songs as they were written.

Little Miss My Complete Collection (Little Miss Classic Library)
Little Miss My Complete Collection (Little Miss Classic Library)
by Roger Hargreaves

5.0 out of 5 stars Xmas present, 27 Jan. 2014
This is a wonderful collection for a very reasonable price. Made for a lovely christmas present that will stay in ones collection for many years to come.

Epic [DVD]
Epic [DVD]
Dvd ~ Amanda Seyfried

5.0 out of 5 stars Magical, 27 Jan. 2014
This review is from: Epic [DVD] (DVD)
This movie has got to be one of the best movies I have ever seen!
I don't think there was anything I did not like about it.
The voice acting was amazing, especially Beyonce as Queen Tara. You really connect with this character as soon as you see/hear her. I think I literally went through every human emotion whilst on this epic journey.
I recommend this for people of all ages from baby (the stunning colours will appeal) up to any age.
Would make a great family movie on a drizzly afternoon.
Ignore any negative review and see for yourself the magic that is this movie. And if you do join us in the world of epic, stay for the credits song Beyonce- rise up, which really goes well with the movie and makes you think about your own life.

Monsters University [DVD]
Monsters University [DVD]
Dvd ~ John Goodman

5.0 out of 5 stars surprisingly good, 23 Jan. 2014
This review is from: Monsters University [DVD] (DVD)
I was given this by someone who had received two for xmas. I did like the first one all those years ago and thought why not I will give it a go. I was shocked by how much I actually enjoyed it! It made me want to rewatch the first one but I can't face the sadness of how the first one ends. Great family movie with some very funny bits for the adults.

Pocahontas II: Journey to a New World [DVD]
Pocahontas II: Journey to a New World [DVD]
Dvd ~ Irene Bedard

1.0 out of 5 stars Hideous, 23 Jan. 2014
If I could give this no stars, I would. I love the first one beyond words (watched in like 3 times in one day once!). This however is disgustingly awful. Avoid at all costs, do not make direct eye contact and it will eventually go away.

The Hunchback of Notre Dame II: The Secret of the Bell [2001] [DVD]
The Hunchback of Notre Dame II: The Secret of the Bell [2001] [DVD]
Dvd ~ Hunchback of Notre Dame II

2.0 out of 5 stars Hmmmm, 23 Jan. 2014
I don't know why this movie was even made? It is sort of a pointless movie, and unenjoyable at that! Some disney sequels are good (the little mermaid 2, beauty and the beast 2) but some like this and Pocahontas 2 are awful! I barely even remember what happened in this hour long movie and only watched it about 2 weeks ago. Pointless to me and I love the first movie. Suppose it adds a little to the characters story but just didn't need to be done. The animation wasn't all that good either considering how amazing it was in the first movie esp Esmerlda's figure dancing in the flames taunting Frollo's soul. On the plus side Demi moore was back which is the only plus to the movie.

Page: 1 | 2