Profile for S.S > Reviews

Clinically Oriented Anatomy
Clinically Oriented Anatomy
by Keith L. Moore

4.0 out of 5 stars Awesome, 1 Dec. 2011
Fantastic book. Recommended by my medical school - has everything from A to Z and the blue clinical boxes are nice because you can place anatomy in a clinical context and see the whole point of learning how everything is located in the body. Explanations are also good. The pictures are good but still think they could be improved - I think Gray's Anatomy has better pictures personally which I dip into if I don't really understand a structure from this one. No other faults!

The Respiratory System at a Glance
The Respiratory System at a Glance
by Jeremy P. T. Ward

3.0 out of 5 stars Not bad, 1 Dec. 2011
All in all, this isn't bad per say but I've seen better. It's good as a revision text but if you really want to get to grips with the Respiratory System, try the Crash Course series. I regret buying it because Crash Course was just a lot better with in depth explanations and more bang for your buck.

Chest X-rays for Medical Students
Chest X-rays for Medical Students
by Christopher Clarke

5.0 out of 5 stars Clear, concise and to the point, 1 Dec. 2011
Bought this book because it was recommended by the lecturer. Absolute godsend! I just started using it today and it presents material clearly and in a stepwise and straightforward manner. The book uses an ABCDE approach to chest x-rays and all the key clinical scenarios are covered well. Having both normal and abnormal x-rays to look at is great. The authors have adopted a layout where a plain x-ray is on one side and then a copy of the same one is next to it but with key pathology or landmarks highlighted. All in all, glad I bought it and recommend it to anyone struggling to "see" pathology/structures on those pesky x-rays - I know I didn't have the foggiest when x-rays were discussed in lectures.

Concise Colour Medical Dictionary (Oxford Quick Reference)
Concise Colour Medical Dictionary (Oxford Quick Reference)
by Elizabeth A. Martin
Edition: Flexibound

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent value for money, 23 Feb. 2011
Let me just say that this medical dictionary is probably the only one you're ever going to need. I started using this a few weeks into a medical course as complicated, alien language is thrown at you by the bucket load. The typeface is clear and easy to navigate with helpful, coloured diagrams to aid understanding. It has served me well and won't be letting go of it any time soon! In my opinion, a must-buy...just makes your life easier in general and saves time searching through Wikipedia and Google (which are not always reliable, speaking from experience).