Profile for Amazon Customer > Reviews

Content by Amazon Customer

Amazon Customer (UK)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Three, Two, One (321): (A Dark Suspense)
Three, Two, One (321): (A Dark Suspense)

5.0 out of 5 stars Wow, just wow., 25 May 2015
I have never read anything of Huss' before, but suffice to say I am a huge fan and will devour all other books, pronto. I just wasn't expecting what I read, and that is a good thing. It is a dark read, but it has layers of light and dark so I'd call grey! The story has a tension that holds throughout the book and some seriously hot scenes. Ark, JD and Blue are a cast that are messed up. The chaps sell sex and Blue has escaped from being used. Just writing that and reading it back you should not like these characters, but you do.

I tried to carry on reading in the hairdressers, but had to it away because it came to the scene where Ark gives in for the first time. Holy hotness, I couldn't have anyone reading over my shoulder and I'm sure I was blushing! Plus I wanted my hairdresser to concentrate on my barnet (hair, for American readers reading this review) not get involved in my book. Though I'd have been happy to recommend it!!

Thanks JA, you've gained a new fan.

The Chronicles of Moxie
The Chronicles of Moxie

4.0 out of 5 stars Full of moxie!, 12 Dec. 2014
I loved Moxie and her motley crew. Moxie is funny, foul mouthed with a sharp wit! I adored her swear words and she taught me a few I didn't even know but will probably use. I read Moxie after a heavy book and it was just the tonic, I laughed out loud lots. In fact I did get a few odd looks reading and laughing while waiting for my children at their club. Other reviews have given you content, so I have not done that. I would have given it five stars but there are some editing issues that could be fixed. Were instead of we're and the odd spelling mishap which I found jarring. That said it is a cracking read. Enjoy x

Fireball Whisky 70 cl
Fireball Whisky 70 cl

5.0 out of 5 stars I love Fireball! It is easier to get hold of ..., 23 Oct. 2014
This review is from: Fireball Whisky 70 cl (Wine)
Firstly you should know, I am a whisky girl. I love Fireball! It is easier to get hold of now, Sainsbury's stock it in store (although small bottle 50cl) unlike Asda who claim they stock it, but in certain branches, as not all Asda warehouses carry the same lines, so hence the difficulty. But I digress, Fireball is wonderful with an iceberg size hunk of ice or as I found out when I had a cold with Rocks Orange Cordial hot with a cap full of Fireball. I call it my hot orange fireball, it is warming and delish....try it, it beats hot chocolate hands down! If you like cinnamon and whisky what have you got to lose???

SainSonic SS-101 Mini Rechargeable Electric Lady Shaver
SainSonic SS-101 Mini Rechargeable Electric Lady Shaver
Offered by Treasure Nova

2.0 out of 5 stars I got this as a gift as I could no ..., 23 Oct. 2014
I got this as a gift as I could no longer get replacements for my old one. It is compact with only one foil so it takes ages to shave anything. Don't get me wrong I'm not a supermodel with legs that go on for years, its just the product is too small to do the job, quickly! I would use it as a travel shaver, as it is small and if you found some stray hair after a razor shave then it is quick solution to clearing that.

Loom Bands Friendship Bracelet Kit - 600 Latex Free Bands + 24 S-Clips (1)
Loom Bands Friendship Bracelet Kit - 600 Latex Free Bands + 24 S-Clips (1)
Offered by UK TOYS PRICE CUT

4.0 out of 5 stars Learning, sharing and being busy? You'd be a fool not to jump onto this craze!, 21 Aug. 2014
What is not to like? Great delivery and quick to boot. Keeps my munchkins entertained and teaches them something new. They have also been sharing with friends, swapping bands, learning new patterns and being quiet. Seriously, what's not to like???

The 1975
The 1975

5.0 out of 5 stars 80's pop vibe, that is infectious., 21 Aug. 2014
This review is from: The 1975 (Audio CD)
Love, love, love The 1975. The 80's pop vibe is infectious and you cannot help but to sing along. From the opening bars of chocolate, I bounce along. With some censored words, by me, even my children song along. "All we seem to do is talk about TREES, is the line they sing!" Settle down is my fave track x

Binatone Latitude 100 Twin Walkie Talkie
Binatone Latitude 100 Twin Walkie Talkie
Offered by total digital stores

4.0 out of 5 stars They are easy to use, 21 Aug. 2014
Bought for our sons 5th birthday. They are easy to use, durable and the range is good. He was overjoyed with them.

Knight and Play (The Lucien Knight Erotic Trilogy Book 1)
Knight and Play (The Lucien Knight Erotic Trilogy Book 1)

5.0 out of 5 stars I love these books and the author, 21 Aug. 2014
From gorgeous locations, sexy as sin men to the blossoming of Sophie Black. It has been a while since I read Play, Stay and Day, but they are fresh in my head. What does that tell you? These books are memorable....... & yummy!
I love these books and the author. I do not know Kitty personally, but she does take time to talk to her fans. Either to say she is busy writing, on holiday or as she was at the time poorly and even with all that going on she replies on the Facebook page.

I cannot wait for Genie. Keep up the great writing Kitty, your legion of fans will make her story sail up the book charts.

Driven (The Driven Series Book 1)
Driven (The Driven Series Book 1)

5.0 out of 5 stars A great read, do not miss., 21 Aug. 2014
Quite simply loved this trilogy. I really enjoyed the rounded cast of support characters, Becks (I adored), Haddie (is the best friend, every girl wants) the boys, Colts dad, Sammy even Sledge made these books, so much more than run of the mill. Sometime these characters are neglected, but not in this case. I am putting them above Ry and Colton, because even though these books are their story, it wouldn't have been the same without the other relationships to carry it and them through.

The bitches were bitchy and the men, hot, funny and endearing. Normally the female lead usually annoys me with neediness or 80 pages of wondering why? But Ry was refreshing. You get where she is coming from, why she is feisty and at the time when your thinking enough bickering, the author takes heed and stops it or changes direction. One example of this is when Ry and Colt are arguing, and they both get shoved in a room by Becks to sort it out. I was expecting the author to let her storm out and be chased. I like that Ry stood up for herself. That said Colton is a marvellous chap too. Even when he is being cocky/closed off/pulling away he's darn cute and you root for them as a reader.

It has been ages since I gave a 5 star review, for me they are as rare as 'hen's teeth' (take a look at my reviews, if you don't believe me) but when a book/s have me eating into my already precious sleep time (I am an insomniac), shoo'ing my children away, so I can just quickly finish 'this' chapter and sneaking another two because I am completely absorbed, then 5 stars are deserved. Thanks K, you write one hell of a tale x

The Death Pictures (The TV Detective Series Book 2)
The Death Pictures (The TV Detective Series Book 2)

2.0 out of 5 stars Irritating in places., 3 Jun. 2013
Wow, I thought a book based in Plymouth. How wonderful to have it set in a city I know well, it could add to the story right? It started well, I recognised the road that the first victim lived in....in fact I have a friend that still lives in that road, it added to the sense of unease. That's where my excitement ended. Like the other reviewers the constant watch and shoe references wore very thin. What does it matter if her shoes are 3 or 4 inch? Did it add to the tale...no! Who cares if his watch is 10 minutes slow? Was it cleverly interwoven into the story, saving a victim in the nick of time? You guessed it no. The rape case I felt was under written and was a poor secondary plot that maybe was supposed to be first? For me, there were a lot of holes left in the plot when the book ended. The death pictures filled a night of insomnia for me but I will not be returning to Simon Hall. This book is a bit like Dan's fake Rolex: looks good from afar but doesn't deliver.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3