Profile for Denis Powell > Reviews

Denis Powell (Wales)

Page: 1 | 2
Adata AE400 DashDrive Air Wireless Storage Reader and Power Bank
Adata AE400 DashDrive Air Wireless Storage Reader and Power Bank

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for viewing pictures and video stored on a SD card, 1 July 2013
I purchased this item based on a review in Computeractive magazine for use in conjunction with my Fire HD. The app required is available in the Amazon app store.

It doesn't work with all USB devices but is faultless with SD Cards. It even streams mp4 movies with no problem although some other formats caused me minor problems. Converting those files to mp4 resolved the issue.

The device appears to be well made and is small enough to fit in a shirt pocket. The Wireless signal it provides is strong.

The only downside for me is the lack of compatibility with some USB drives but the ability to view my camera pictures on a bigger screen within seconds of them being taken makes it a 5 star device for me. There are cheaper alternatives for those with tablets that can work with Card Readers.

I-Cube Nano Wi-Fi Digital TV Receiver
I-Cube Nano Wi-Fi Digital TV Receiver

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent for the Fire HD, 19 Jun 2013
Internet TV is very good but when away from a WiFi hotspot this device allows you to watch and record live terestrial television on a tablet provided you're within range of a Freeview transmitter. It works very well on my Fire HD using the free app from the Amazon App Store.

It couldn't be simpler to use or to set up. Turn it on and wait for two lights to turn green. Start the app on your tablet and it will automatically connect to the I-Cube wirelessly so the device can be placed in a different location to the Tablet. It takes a minute or so for the app to scan for available channels but is then ready for use.

I find the picture and sound quality to be excellent. It's not cheap but, for me, it's worth every penny.

Tivizen DVB-T Wi-Fi for Tablet
Tivizen DVB-T Wi-Fi for Tablet

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent on my Fire HD when used with the I-Cube Nano WiFi Digital Receiver., 19 Jun 2013
This app requires a Tivizen receiver and the I-Cube Nano from Amazon is excellent. About the size of a small mobile phone it's easy to carry around with the Fire.

The Picture and Sound quality delivered to my Fire HD by the app is very good indeed. Can't fault the app - it's everything I expected it to be.

TVCatchup
TVCatchup

5.0 out of 5 stars Better than expected, 6 Feb 2013
This review is from: TVCatchup (App)
For live TV this app is hard to beat and gives me more channels than I can get via Freeview so I'm very happy indeed. The picture and sound quality is actually better than BBC i Player for me.

I would recommend it to anyone.

Solitaire
Solitaire

4.0 out of 5 stars Quite Addictive, 5 Dec 2012
This review is from: Solitaire (App)
It's a simple game to play with a tap on a card moving it to an available space in addition to the usual hold and slide. As someone else has said the pop-up adds are easy to skip although I've succumbed to two ;-)

USA Deal Or No Deal
USA Deal Or No Deal

1.0 out of 5 stars Doesn't open, 13 Nov 2012
This review is from: USA Deal Or No Deal (App)
Displays ads for other games and says "Nearly there" but never actually does anything. A complete waste of time. Have deleted it. Thankfully it was free.

Sudoku Premium
Sudoku Premium

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 27 Oct 2012
This review is from: Sudoku Premium (App)
Easy to use with a good range of options and difficulty levels. Ideal for both beginner and expert. The best Android Sudoku game I've seen.

Snooker Trainning
Snooker Trainning

1.0 out of 5 stars No English Language Setting, 20 Oct 2012
This review is from: Snooker Trainning (App)
I've tried everything but can only get menus etc in what I assume to be Chinese. Luckily it was free.

7.58m - 3 Section Extension Ladder with Integral Stabiliser
7.58m - 3 Section Extension Ladder with Integral Stabiliser
Offered by BPS Access Solutions

5.0 out of 5 stars Probably Perfect, 18 Jan 2011
I'm no expert on ladders, but these seem to be of high quality, and very stable in use. They are exactly as described. I ordered on a Sunday afternoon and they arrive early Tuesday morning so you can't get much quicker than that. I'm very pleased

Sudoku Challenger
Sudoku Challenger
Offered by indigogirl18

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing, 24 Dec 2005
= Durability:4.0 out of 5 stars  = Fun:2.0 out of 5 stars  = Educational:2.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Sudoku Challenger (Toy)
In almost all lights it's difficult to find the flashing cursor, so don't put it down once you start. Moving the cursor to the next square you want is also sometimes difficult - it doesn't seem to want to move through the squares containing the starting numbers and so you have to navigate around them. Altogether very disappointing.

Page: 1 | 2