Profile for Nicola Wood > Reviews

Content by Nicola Wood

Nicola Wood

How I Won the Yellow Jumper: Dispatches from the Tour de France (Yellow Jersey Cycling Classics)
by Ned Boulting

4.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant book - If you love cycling, buy it!, 5 Aug. 2011
As my headline says - This is a brilliant book. We've all seen Ned do his thing on TV, but we don't really hear about what happens behind the scenes.

The book tells all, the fun, the craziness, the silliness that accompanies the hard work that goes on to ensure us Brits get to share the excitement of the Tour de France each year.
There's also enjoyable stops and asides, where Ned discusses the important topics of the Tour, the stories and personalities behind them.

This is a really good read, and will leave you smiling and certainly more well-informed about Le Tour and what goes on, to bring us one of the greatest spectacles in sport.

GENUINE LEATHER BACKPACK (3748) Black
GENUINE LEATHER BACKPACK (3748) Black
Offered by Hollmes Party Inspiration

4.0 out of 5 stars A good bag, 29 April 2011
In a nutshell, a great bag for a handbag/backpack style bag.
Small, inobtrusive, but with pretty good storage space, altho getting a brolly in there *could* be difficult...
Other than that, a fantastic bag, and will suit someone who wants a small bag, that carries the basics

Bubblegum Crisis Tokyo 2040 Per Coll [DVD] [Region 1] [US Import] [NTSC]
Bubblegum Crisis Tokyo 2040 Per Coll [DVD] [Region 1] [US Import] [NTSC]

5.0 out of 5 stars A wonderful series, 3 Mar. 2011
Pretty much everything summed up in the review title. I stumbled into anime fandom thanks to friends showing me things like New Dominion Tank Police and I kinda got hooked. My love for sci-fi drew me to a series called BubbleGum Crisis. This series rocked my world. The action, the pumped up rock soundtrack and the premise of good Vs bad, the little people vs the big corporations and the idea that technology can be a great leveller. The only problem I had with it was it was ultimately too short. 8 episodes wasn't long enough to explore the whole thing, even when they tacked on BubbleGum Crash (3eps) it didn't really work.

Tokyo2040 is not entirely a remake, more of an expansion to the universe created. Everything's been updated, the tech, the music, even the characters. But what hasn't changed is the heart & soul.

This is an absolutely brilliant series, one I shall be suggesting to all my friends.

Adapter USB to Midi In-Out
Adapter USB to Midi In-Out
Offered by LTZmart

4.0 out of 5 stars A useful little cable, 3 Nov. 2010
It's good - Does exactly what it's supposed to do and works well with the Guitar Hero drum kits :)
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 24, 2011 12:51 AM GMT