Profile for stuffster > Reviews

2 Artificial Lemons
2 Artificial Lemons

1.0 out of 5 stars Rubbish, 17 Mar 2014
This review is from: 2 Artificial Lemons
These were the least convincing lemons Ive ever seen!! They are enormous, shiny and just look like lumps of yellow plastic.

The Archery for Beginners Guidebook
The Archery for Beginners Guidebook
by Hannah Bussey
Price: 7.50

4.0 out of 5 stars Great but very basic, 17 Mar 2014
This is an excellent book if you havent started archery or if you have only just taken it up. But it doesnt go much deeper than that. I would have liked it to be a bit thicker and cover a few more aspects of archery but for the money it was ok.

Bullies, Bigmouths and So-Called Friends: Bullies, Bigmouths and So-called Friends
by Jenny Alexander
Price: 3.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Heaven sent!, 17 Mar 2014
I thought to myself "Wouldnt it be good if there was a book written for children that I could give to my son to give him coping mechanisms for dealing with the stress of bullying and smart-mouthed comments".... and then I stumbled across this, and its PERFECT.

My son is 10 and its great for his age, but could also be suited to anyone from about 7yrs to 15yrs. I opened the book expecting it to be patronising but it really wasnt. It made me laugh out loud in places (especially the bit about what mums say if you tell them youre being bullied!)

I would highly recommend this book for anyone with young kids who are being bullied or even are just having problems with their mates being thoughtless idiots in the way that 10yr olds often are.

Daily Guidance From Your Angels: 365 Angelic Messages...: Oracle Cards
Daily Guidance From Your Angels: 365 Angelic Messages...: Oracle Cards
by Doreen Virtue PhD
Edition: Cards
Price: 9.79

5.0 out of 5 stars Unbelieveably accuracte, 6 Nov 2011
Must admit it was with a healthy dose of scepticism that I ordered these cards. A friend had done a reading for me with her cards and the answers it gave made me cry with shock at how closely the cards answered my question. So I ordered my own set, and asked the same question, shuffled the cards and picked out ... exactly the same answer!!

Every question I ask the cards has been answered with an answer that makes perfect sense. These are not generic, waffly cards, like badly written horoscopes. The messages are very specific, which is why they are so stunning. The illustrations are beautiful and they come with a book which offers a full explanation of the meanings.

Would highly recommend to anyone who was tempted to try them.

Elf [VHS]
Elf [VHS]
VHS
Offered by dyerwilliams
Price: 4.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant film, 27 Jan 2010
This review is from: Elf [VHS] (VHS Tape)
This is my new favourite Christmas film of all time! Will Ferrel is brilliant, and it is one of those feel-good family films that will be a classic!

The Birthday Party Business: How to Make a Living as a Children's Entertainer
The Birthday Party Business: How to Make a Living as a Children's Entertainer
by Bruce Fife
Price: 15.33

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent entry level book for entertainers, 27 Jan 2010
This is a brilliant book for anyone just starting out as a childrens entertainer - it tells you EVERYTHING you need to know, from setting up, what different services to offer, how to talk to clients, how to advertise etc. Its american, so its not all totally relevent in the UK, but apart from that its great!

DREAM CHEEKY USB Roll-Up Drum Kit (PC)
DREAM CHEEKY USB Roll-Up Drum Kit (PC)

1.0 out of 5 stars Totally pointless, 27 Jan 2010
As the other reviews have stated, this is a complete waste of money! It makes quite a nice drum noise when you hit it (eventually) but the delay you get, and the hopeless software it comes with make it not worth having.

It has the potential to be a really nice little gadget, if it had some better software with it. Shame!

Creative Clowning
Creative Clowning
by Bruce Fife
Price: 18.85

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent beginners book, 28 Jun 2009
This review is from: Creative Clowning (Paperback)
I cant fault this book if you are thinking of becoming a clown. It is well written by experts in the field, it has everything from how to choose a name, a face, a costume, through to jokes and skits and magic, balloon modelling etc, even down to excellent ideas how to market yourself. Its american but not enough to be a problem, so I would recommend it!

How to Train A Superdog
How to Train A Superdog
by Gwen Bailey

5.0 out of 5 stars The only dog book you will ever need!, 8 May 2009
This is an excellent all-round book for any dog owner, which covers everything from choosing the right breed and bringing your new puppy home, right through to training your dog to fetch your newspaper or deliver messages! Despite covering such a broad base, it still manages to go into plenty of detail on each subject.

It is well-written and has lots of glossy photos to illustrate all the points.

I would highly recommend it, especially if you are looking for just one book that will cover all you need to know.

Richard Scarry's Best Rainy Day Book Ever
Richard Scarry's Best Rainy Day Book Ever
by Richard Scarry

5.0 out of 5 stars The best 5 you could spend for your child, 18 Mar 2007
The previous reviewer is obviously mistaking this book for something else. I had the Rainy Day book 30 years ago when I was 5 and it was the same black and white colouring-in format as it is today. My cousin and I both had a copy and whenever we were together we would spend hours colouring in all the pages, creating villages of paper houses, dressing the characters in their paper clothes, making bookmarks etc. We both reminiscing about it the other day and I typed it into Amazon just in the faint hope of finding it - and was so happy to see it was still available. I ordered two copies - one for my daughter and one for my cousin's children!!

All you need is this book and a large packet of felt-tip pens to have a happy child for hours if not days.

Simple, good clean fun.