Profile for @thewishatree > Reviews

The Art Of Doing Nothing
The Art Of Doing Nothing
Offered by mrtopseller

5.0 out of 5 stars Loved it, really nice sound and atmosphere, 18 Jan 2014
This is a really good mix of different types of tracks, mixing styles and genres here and there too. Mark Owen has a great voice, not the strongest but he has a very atmospheric quality to his voice and the songs on the CD use it to full effect.
This is the kind of CD you could give to someone who has never heard him before, as a showcase for his undoubted talent. Just brilliant!

iTré!
iTré!

3.0 out of 5 stars Nice sound but repetitive - fans only!, 18 Jan 2014
This review is from: iTré! (Audio CD)
I really liked a couple of the tracks on here but then felt they had been reworked and repeated for the rest of the CD. Listening to it all at once meant the tracks blurred one into the other and the overall impression was a bit dull.
Not a bad CD, I've heard a lot worse, but disappointing.

ZOM-B Gladiator
ZOM-B Gladiator
by Darren Shan

4.0 out of 5 stars Good book but too many instalments!, 7 Jan 2014
This review is from: ZOM-B Gladiator (Hardcover)
I can't fault the writing or the storyline. Once I picked it up I couldn't put it down BUT the shorter books and many instalments in the Zom-B series are really starting to get to me. To be honest, I just want the whole series to read at once or full-size books at a time, if I have to wait.
I'll definitely be reading this series to the end as the story is so good but I really hope this is a one-off experiment and the next Darren Shan series is released as normal with full-length books.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 18, 2014 8:07 PM GMT

My Little Pony Mini's 3 Pack: Silver Spoon, Twist-a-loo & Cheerilee - Pony Lesson Set
Offered by Ace Novelties

5.0 out of 5 stars Very nice and a bit different from the usual figures, 12 Oct 2013
These sets are a nice addition to the ones sold singly in blind bags or the tubes they sold last year. The figures in these ones are often differently posed, or with extras, so they're good to buy alongside any others you might have.
We now have the full set and they sit proudly next to the originals. Some work better than others, eg in this set, Lyra looks a bit clunky next to her blind bag version. But Octavia, the one in the middle, is a very nice shade, with a lustre to her mane an tail which really sets off her subtle colours.
Definitely worth buying and very good quality too.

My Little Pony Equestria Girls Doll and Pony Set - Celestia
My Little Pony Equestria Girls Doll and Pony Set - Celestia
Offered by The Global Trader

3.0 out of 5 stars Nice quality but bit scary in real-life, 12 Oct 2013
= Durability:5.0 out of 5 stars  = Fun:3.0 out of 5 stars  = Educational:1.0 out of 5 stars
This is a good quality product but a bit of a strange one. The doll is meant to look like their pony counterpart but it doesn't quite work. It looks a bit scary in real-life, compared to the picture, possibly because the blue skin colour makes it a little like a zombie? I'm not sure.

Some children might love this doll, but die-hard fans of the show might not be so sure.

ZOM-B Baby
ZOM-B Baby

4.0 out of 5 stars Back on track, 8 Oct 2013
This review is from: ZOM-B Baby (Kindle Edition)
I've suffered with this series, not because of the writing or the story but the way it has been released in short bursts, each segment feeling like half a novel. I didn't find the last instalment that gripping either but this one was much better, a stronger story and exciting too. Darren Shan really starts to explore his zombie premise here and makes things different from the usual horror. Recommended!

Official Minecraft 2014 Calendar
Official Minecraft 2014 Calendar
by Danilo
Edition: Calendar

5.0 out of 5 stars Good illustrations, a bit different, 8 Oct 2013
This is a good quality item with illustrations that are surprisingly atmospheric. I think fans of the game, especially slightly older ones, will really appreciate these pictures as they're a bit different from the usual Minecraft art or items you see on offer. Definitely recommended.

Adventure Time Monopoly
Adventure Time Monopoly
Offered by Neat Ideas Ltd

5.0 out of 5 stars A different slant on an old game, 8 Oct 2013
This review is from: Adventure Time Monopoly (Toy)
This one was top of my list when I saw it. As fans of the show it was really good to get something different that is based around it, as well as having a game the whole family can play. Well worth the money and it came quickly, considering it was shipped from Canada.

Adventure Time Jake Single Duvet Cover Set
Adventure Time Jake Single Duvet Cover Set

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice quality, great colours, 8 Oct 2013
I really like the look of this and am very pleased with it. The colours are strong and the quality seems very good.

It's good to have something different to give boys too, as most of the nice duvet covers are more girl-orientated. I noticed that some sellers also offer doubles in this, so I might treat myself!

Adventure Time Calendar
Adventure Time Calendar
by Cartoon Network
Edition: Calendar

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful illustrations, a must-buy, 8 Oct 2013
This review is from: Adventure Time Calendar (Calendar)
I was a little wary in buying this, as I couldn't seem to find a good view of the monthly images, but now I have it in front of me I'm delighted. The illustrations are very good, true to the cartoon but more like paintings. The main image, of Finn with the balloons, is a good indication of all the others - colourful, cute and a little bit dreamy.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Oct 14, 2013 2:51 AM BST