Profile for KJE > Reviews

Romans
Offered by B420 Retail
Price: 20.95

4.0 out of 5 stars Great for 8+, 28 May 2013
This review is from: Romans (Toy)
My son and his friends really enjoyed playing this and so did the Dads. It is a very similar idea to Risk but it does not take as long and the game can easily turn in and away from your favour meaning you have to keep your wits about you. It also teaches you a bit about the period through needing to answer questions.

Duma [DVD] [2005]
Duma [DVD] [2005]
Dvd ~ Alex Michaeletos
Offered by best_value_entertainment
Price: 3.62

5.0 out of 5 stars A gorgeous story, 28 May 2013
This review is from: Duma [DVD] [2005] (DVD)
We have an eight year old girl and a ten year old boy and we all enjoyed this film. It is about a boy who adopts a cheetah cub and the story of him getting the cheetah back into the wild. It is very well acted, with beautiful scenery and a well thought out story, suspense and tears.

Griffin Survivor Military-Duty Case for iPhone 5 (Black/Sky Blue)
Griffin Survivor Military-Duty Case for iPhone 5 (Black/Sky Blue)

4.0 out of 5 stars makes the phone look like a Fisher Price toy phone but does the job, 28 May 2013
When I get my phone out of my bag, gales of laughter from those around me usually follow. However I have the last laugh as I point out their cracked screens ... OK so maybe it is a little OTT, do I really need it to be sand proof - well, last week I went to my daughters athletic competition and dropped it in the long jump pit and yes it still works. The cover flap for the camera is clever and easily swivels round enable you to take photos. The touch buttons work perfectly through the screen and it was easy to install.

Dobble Card Game
Dobble Card Game
Price: 11.27

5.0 out of 5 stars All ages fun, 28 May 2013
This review is from: Dobble Card Game (Toy)
We bought this for a Christmas family game. It was so good that everyone enjoyed it from 7 to 80 and could all play together. Essentially it is 50 cards where you have to match symbols - each card will only have one matching symbol with another card and it can be really hard to find sometimes especially when under pressure. In the tin there is also a note with suggestions for different types of games for the cards - all of which are really good. We have ended up buying it for friends birthday presents and taking it on holiday with us.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars A great value gift, 17 Jan 2012
I was given one of these clocks several years and it is still going strong. I purchased this one as a christmas gift and at 16 it felt like a really good, useful and beautiful gift to give. It is very solid and the colour is a beautiful duck egg.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 4, 2012 10:13 PM GMT

LEGO Star Wars: Mini V-19 Torrent Fighter Set 8031 (Bagged)
LEGO Star Wars: Mini V-19 Torrent Fighter Set 8031 (Bagged)
Offered by The Daily Brick
Price: 6.50

4.0 out of 5 stars Good small gift, 17 Jan 2012
This product met its brief as a small gift to stuff in a sock/ pass the parcel prize etc as it is bagged as opposed to boxed. It would look a little stingy as a friends birthday gift for example. Unlike some of the other small lego items it did have over 60 pieces so did feel like better value and my son enjoyed putting it together on Christmas day.

MEDIUM DOLLS SUMMER UNIFORM 18-20 INS DOLLS AND BEARS
MEDIUM DOLLS SUMMER UNIFORM 18-20 INS DOLLS AND BEARS
Offered by Frilly Lily
Price: 14.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Extremely good value, 17 Jan 2012
I bought this for my daughters Aqua Maxi Gotz Doll.
She was completely amazed as it really is a mini school uniform complete with cardi and book bag. It is exceptionally good value for money and very well made.
I think I may have bought the wrong size as with hindsight her doll is 16", and it is very generous around the tummy, so I could have risked a smaller size. Will definitely buy more from this brand.

Harry Potter Sorting Hat Kit: Sorting Hat - Sticker Kit (Mega Mini Kits)
Harry Potter Sorting Hat Kit: Sorting Hat - Sticker Kit (Mega Mini Kits)
by Running Press

1.0 out of 5 stars Absolute rubbish, 15 Feb 2011
I purchased this to use as the pass the parcel prize for my 8 year old son's birthday. I was so excited, I got all the kids really excited about winning it. The winner then gallantly opened it for all to see. It was universally agreed that it was the worst pass the parcel prize ever, and I have seen some bad ones! The only plus is that 8 children were so non-plussed by it they each had to look at it to see if they could make it work and were distracted from destroying the house momentarily.

What is it supposed to do? There were no instructions and we tried everything we could think of to make it work. In short do not buy!

Harry Potter Film Wizardry
Harry Potter Film Wizardry
by Warner Bros

5.0 out of 5 stars totally brilliant!, 15 Feb 2011
I bought this for my Harry Potter obsessed son (age 8) for christmas and he has barely put it down since. It is a great combination of the magical imaginative detachable extra bits such as the letter to join Hogwarts, sweet boxes to make and quidditch world cup brochures etc. which he enjoys using for imaginary play. It is also crammed with film information which we are reminded about constantly as the actors crop up in other films. Great value for money.

Mango Chutney & The Accidental Dog Biscuit Invention
Mango Chutney & The Accidental Dog Biscuit Invention
by richard paterson
Price: 6.49

5.0 out of 5 stars very original, 17 Nov 2010
What an original book. It really captured my 7 year old son's imagination whose comment was, it was really unexpected and he didn't know what was going to happen next. What a breath of fresh air after all the formulaic books around. When is the next one out?

Page: 1 | 2