Profile for LJP > Reviews

Generative Design: Visualize, Program, and Create with Processing
by Hartmut Bohnacker
Price: 45.27

5.0 out of 5 stars Much more than a coffee table book, 26 Dec 2013
The examples in the book are stunning - they really show processing at its best.

To top it off, the code and tutorials are right there too.

I love this book!

Piz Buin - PIZ BUIN SOLAR ACTIVE SPF30 150ML VAPO,
Piz Buin - PIZ BUIN SOLAR ACTIVE SPF30 150ML VAPO,
Offered by Direct Cosmetics
Price: 5.81

2.0 out of 5 stars Almost useless, 19 Nov 2013
Classic tale of using this on the first day of the holiday and getting badly burnt and had to suffer for the rest of the week.

It goes on ok and smells lovely but it came off just as quickly as it went on. I got so badly burnt on my leg that I had a limp.

I applied more to compensate but the bottle ran out after two days.

The cream version is much better.

Predictive Analytics: The Power to Predict Who Will Click, Buy, Lie, or Die
Predictive Analytics: The Power to Predict Who Will Click, Buy, Lie, or Die
Price: 11.74

5.0 out of 5 stars A great, inspiring read, 19 Nov 2013
This is a great read. The examples are interesting and relevant to a wide range of areas.

I work in online retail analytics and can immediately see how I might even apply some of the electoral analysis techniques to the business in, say, email marketing etc. Most examples in the book have inspired me to look at problems from a new angle and those that aren't applicable to my domain are interesting nonetheless.

The author doesn't display an arrogance in his tone despite clearly being an expert in the field- I say this after reading some similar books that were far too "smug" for my liking!

I'd recommend this to anyone in the analytics field or anyone even remotely interested in understanding how predictive analytics can be applied to their business.

I'm definitely going to read this again very soon.

USB2 A-B cable 1.8m (also USB1.1 compatible)
USB2 A-B cable 1.8m (also USB1.1 compatible)
Offered by iBox Ltd
Price: 1.38

5.0 out of 5 stars It works., 14 Mar 2013
What else to say about this... It's a cable and it fits where it's meant to... The cable works well!

Terrapin Slim Armour Cover for iPhone 5S - Neon Orange
Terrapin Slim Armour Cover for iPhone 5S - Neon Orange
Offered by ClickJunkie
Price: 2.99

2.0 out of 5 stars Didn't last very long, 14 Mar 2013
I guess you get what you pay for! The case allowed a lot of dust etc inside which scratched the phone. I dropped the phone a couple of times and the top of the case cracked. The paint was easily discoloured (by my jeans) but the paint also soon started chipping off... It lasted about 10 weeks in all.

Tomb Raider (PS3)
Tomb Raider (PS3)
Offered by Amore DVD
Price: 16.29

5.0 out of 5 stars Great fun, very addictive, 14 Mar 2013
This review is from: Tomb Raider (PS3) (Video Game)
Beautiful graphics, fun game play with a bit of QTE thrown in (but not too much!). I can't put the controller down.

A Set of 14 Clay Modelling Tools
A Set of 14 Clay Modelling Tools
Offered by Creation Box
Price: 2.08

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed, 23 Jan 2012
I didn't think you could go far wrong with some plastic modelling tools but unfortunately these have been made with a "seam" of excess plastic down the middle of each so the surface isn't smooth. Exactly what you don't want to be using on your models!

Maximuscle Promax Lean Definition Banana Weight Loss and Definition Shake Powder 1200g
Price: 25.65

2.0 out of 5 stars Gross, 11 April 2011
I've been trying to force myself to drink the banana flavoured version of this and I just can't get through a single serving. It's way too sweet and the colour has a grey tinge. The banana flavouring is very synthetic and it makes me feel sick after a few gulps when mixed with water.
I've tried mixing it with milk which does help the consistency and flavour but this adds around 100 kcal so defeats the object of it for me as I using this shake as meal replacement instead of breakfast.
I'm not sure what to do with 1kg of powder now!
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 29, 2011 1:40 PM BST

Proporta Echo Mirror Screen Protector for Apple iPhone 3G
Proporta Echo Mirror Screen Protector for Apple iPhone 3G
Offered by Worldstores
Price: 3.30

5.0 out of 5 stars Better than I expected, 6 Aug 2009
After receiving a clear protector from the carphonewarehouse that was bent, didn't stick down and left many unshiftable bubbles, I wasn't expecting much different from this one.
But, the protector went on very nicely and I barely had to touch it to get any bubbles out, it just stuck itself down.
It looks really nice on my phone, a big improvement.