Profile for Goat Boy > Reviews

Content by Goat Boy

Goat Boy (London, UK)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7
SanDisk SDSDQU-016G-U46A 16 GB MicroSDHC Ultra Class 10 Card with MicroSDHC to SD Adapter (Label May Change)
Offered by GizzmoHeaven

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect when you need reliable memory, 2 Dec 2013
I am a pensioner with Alzheimers and the doctor suggested I tried improving my memory, so I bought this, now it is sitting here with me and I have no idea what to do with it, I tried eating it, but my teeth just broke, it must be something new fangled because my grandson was impressed, he said he put 16 episodes of Midsomer Murders on there, I tried poking it in my ears but I can';t hear it.

Do I use it in a sherry with Trifle?

Swat Academy 17cm Blue Plastic 8-shot Cap Gun + 200 Caps
Swat Academy 17cm Blue Plastic 8-shot Cap Gun + 200 Caps
Offered by what-a-bargain

4.0 out of 5 stars It won't fool anyone, 2 Dec 2013
I took this into the local Post Office to try my chances, handed over the note to the cashier who was covering the 50p stickers on the chocolate bars with Tip-Ex and marking them at 80p.

The child on the till took one look at the plastic gun and laughed me out of the shop

Still the joke was on them, I made it out with £2 of penny sweets, all 6 of them

Cadbury Dairy Milk Caramel Eggs (Box of 48)
Cadbury Dairy Milk Caramel Eggs (Box of 48)
Offered by Budget Bargains Ltd

Maypole 350 Emergency Booster Cables 5mm x 2m
Maypole 350 Emergency Booster Cables 5mm x 2m
Offered by Express Essentials

1.0 out of 5 stars ONLY for use on cars, 2 Dec 2013
I purchased these and a 70Amp/hr car battery, I figured it was more cost effective than buying a defibrillator, turns out the two things work slightly differently.
Late August and the cat had a heart attack, I got my Ronco Defrib out, and after gaffer taping the cables to the battery terminals I gave tiddles a quick zap of the good stuff,
Well I don't know if she had died or not, but she smelled a bit burnt after the first Zap and was on fire after the second go.

So it was a failure in some aspects and a crematorium in other ways, it was months ago and I can still smell it, her memory and dust lives on

South West Trains
South West Trains
by John Balmforth

1.0 out of 5 stars Can only be better than South West Trains, 2 Dec 2013
This review is from: South West Trains (Hardcover)
I had problems with South West Trains where the online booking system didn't give tickets, I called them and the woman told me that 'My Blindness was not her fault and I should read the email', then she got in a loop and kept repeating it.

I have 30% Vision, so it's not a joke, I am genuinely disgusted

The woman then is Unable to transfer calls to customer services and instead you have to dial another high rate number, which is the first company on the planet that has a 'we don't transfer to customer services' rule.

Feeling I had lost all faith in the company I was given a copy of this book from a friend that is apparently a failed comedian, and then a couple of months after my complaint I got a reply from SouthWest Trains asking to meet up in person, I wasn't looking for a relationship and they are slippery as a KY Jelly Eel I decided not to meet in person, instead they have gone silent again.

The book however is great and highlights a better time when the customer was remotely important.
Was expecting it to be a series with collectable tokens that could be exchanged for a nice Anorak though

NESCAFÉ Dolce Gusto EDG625.B Melody 3 Play & Select Coffee and Beverage Machine EDG625.B by De'Longhi - Black,

1.0 out of 5 stars Not reliable to be honest, 2 Dec 2013
I have had three of these machines, they get to about a year old and either the pump packs up or it sprays water who knows where and it dribbles out like an idiot's mouth, from the sides and top in an attempt to defy gravity

It's ok, I bought each replacement from Argos and swapped them over and took the old one back in the new box for a refund.
The last replacement is 6 months old, has made so few drinks it's still on the same box of pods, put a pod in, clamp down, no coffee but a massive puddle of water.

I think to be completely honest that I will just pour the water over the draining board and be teased with a box of pods I can't drink, in fact you don't need the machine, just make a mess yourself and shout at a box of pods that you can't use, it is exactly like my experiences of owning one.

As I said, my third has died after less than a box of pods and six months.

Now it may be lack of use, but at the same dinner party as the clown machine decided to put on a little show for the ladies, I hadn't used the silverware for a few months too and they seemed to work, the candles we used were still candles, they hadn't DE-evolved back into a lower form of life.
The wine was five years old and it hadn't turned into UM-Bongo, the beef had been matured for 28 days and was still meat.
Yet the coffee machine, failed to make coffee, just jetwash warm water over the counter, to add insult to injury, can you guess how strong the smell of coffee was in the puddles, that is right, no coffee in the water at all, it can't even screw that up right.

Damn you coffee machine, I'm not prepared to sacrifice a goat in the garden every 12 weeks to keep you happy, even Katie Price can add hot water to coffee grinds and make a drink out of it, what does this thing want from me, I still have the plastic wrap on the drink tray, I'm tempted to send this thing and the 9 boxes of pods I can't use to someone that irritates me, so Katie Price isn't out of the running yet.
Katie if you read this comment please post your address so I can send you a Free Coffee Machine with a load of pods, it is incredibly versatile and will work just as well if your top is on or not.

It's a miracle of engineering and to be honest I think Nestle expected me to have problems, soon as I replaced it they moved out of the Nestle Building in Croydon, so just like one of those cowboys on Watchdog, they sold me a lemon and ran for it before it went wrong, takes a real guilty concience to move your offices too.

And in writing this I now know that even UM-Bongo was a Lie, the song said "Um Bongo, UM Bongo, they drink it in the Congo" Which turns out to be lies as it was only produced for sale and distribution within the E.U. and the Congo isn't in Europe.
They say it comes in threes, what dreams are they going to ruin next for me?

Scream
Scream

2.0 out of 5 stars I was tricked..., 9 Nov 2013
This review is from: Scream (MP3 Download)
I saw this and thought Usher had died and this was a tribute to him, turns out he is fine though

Slow Cooking: Mouthwatering Recipes with Minimum Effort
Slow Cooking: Mouthwatering Recipes with Minimum Effort
by James Martin

5.0 out of 5 stars perfect stuff, 19 Nov 2012
My grandmother is 87 now and although we have suggested she gets food delivered she still wants to cook, she said that "you can't trust Ronnie Corbett and Wiltshire Farms foods because he is too short to reach the doorbells".
So we were looking for a cook book that goes at her speed.

Now her brain isn't what it was and she doesn't move too fast, and we thought "slow cooking" would be perfect, it sounds like it takes time and she is mentally slow at the best of times.

We popped back a week later and she was actually using the book, apparently its the correct number of pages long to stop her dining table from wobbling, she then wandered off on her walker whistling 'every day I'm Shuffling' to herself, before wondering what she went into the kitchen for

K-Y Gel Lubricating Jelly 82g
K-Y Gel Lubricating Jelly 82g
Offered by Gees Pharmacy

5.0 out of 5 stars Highly amusing, 7 Nov 2012
the other night in the bedroom I handed this to the wife and asked "could I put it up your bottom?"
Will it hurt? she asked

Probably love, its quite a big box, I replied

Lover Maid Costume - 3 Piece - French Maid - Includes Thong (M)
Lover Maid Costume - 3 Piece - French Maid - Includes Thong (M)
Offered by Beautiful Land

5.0 out of 5 stars Looks great but be careful who you get it for..., 1 Nov 2012
Life so far has been good to me and I have a large house which is cleaned by a local agency, I arranged to take on a maid to pop round for two hours twice a week.
The next day the maid arrived and she was dressed in overalls looking not unlike Mario off the Nintendo. I thought about it and really wasn't happy, I was paying that agency £40 per hour and there is no formal uniform.

Then I remembered I ordered one of these for the wife that I hadn't given her yet, so I went upstairs and grabbed it, then gave the cleaner the box and told her to dress appropriately when working. Then reminded her that I was paying through the nose and could go elsewhere, so she went off and got changed.

A few minutes later there was a thud and a scream from the toilet, I checked and it was the maid, she had fall, ripping the outfit and covering most of the sink in blood in the process.
I had to call an Ambulance and she went to hospital where they found she had broken her hip and they were disgusted in my behaviour, which is a bit strong all things considered.

I still don't see how it was my fault, its the agency that sent a 77 year old woman out to clean my house, and the hip she broke was artificial too, so must have been faulty, they are supposed to last a lifetime.

This item was excellent and I highly recommend it to anyone, but, as the courts now insist, it should not be utilised as a form of uniform appropriate for contracted staff and employees to wear.

Now she lives in the care home I am painting for my community service, so I know she is perfectly fine and healthy
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Sep 7, 2013 5:12 PM BST