ARRAY(0xa438b2dc)

Cole & Mason Derwent Salt & Pepper Mill Giftset, Stainless Steel, 190mm
Price: 52.44

5.0 out of 5 stars Cole & Mason fan, 27 Feb 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I am a big fan of Cole & Mason mills as I have always found that they are excellent quality, grind perfectly and last a very long time. The Derwent mills are C&M’s top of the line manual mills and come with a lifetime guarantee for the grinding mechanisms. I can personally vouch for the excellent customer service from C&M in terms of this guarantee, as our old combination manual salt & pepper grinder ceased to grind about 6 months ago (we’d had it for year and years and years). As they didn’t stock that model anymore (yes, it was that old!), they invited us to choose what we wanted from their website as a replacement! All we had to do was send the old one to them. So the lifetime guarantee is just that – a lifetime guarantee. However, they do not offer a lifetime guarantee with all their products, so do bear this in mind if you choose a different C&M product.

The Derwent pepper mill has a hardened carbon steel grinding mechanism and 6 graduating steps for the coarseness of the grind. The salt mill has a ceramic mechanism for the salt mill and 3 steps. They are both very easy to fill – just pull off the top and pour in. Granted, they are not as stylish as the Cole & Mason Electronic Cheltenham mills we also own, but I don’t mind the design of these (and they are brushed chrome, so no finger marks). The one thing I don’t like very much is the design of the grind selection dial at the bottom – the dots and pointer are on the outside of the mill which I find a bit “cheap” looking. We can change the coarseness of the grind with our Cole & Mason Electronic Cheltenham mills, but it is on the underside of the mill and therefore hidden away making the design just that bit sleeker.

Veet EasyGrip Ready-to-Use Wax Strips for Normal Skin 40 Pack + 4 Perfect Finish Wipes
Price: 6.00

4.0 out of 5 stars Rip roaring success!, 16 Jan 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Really effective, even on my husband's super hairy back! It was a painful experience, as is all waxing, and there was some bleeding at the beginning until we got the hang of it. Three or 4 uses per half strip for us (they come 2 sides stuck together) before losing their stickness and effectiveness. Would have been nice for there to be more after-wipes.

Rapesco Stapler, Executive Desktop Stapler - Spinna 717
Rapesco Stapler, Executive Desktop Stapler - Spinna 717
Price: 11.82

5.0 out of 5 stars Good product, 16 Jan 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Not much to say as it is a stapler after all, lol, but it feels a good quality object, not too heavy. Loading mechanism easy to use, and it doesn't jam when stapling (as my older staplers have done continuously). Was able to staple several sheets of normal copy paper together with no problems.

Circulon Acclaim Twin Pack Frys - Black
Circulon Acclaim Twin Pack Frys - Black
Price: 42.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 16 Jan 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Really like the weight of these - not very heavy, but they still feel good quality. Excellent, even heat conduction. So far, after 20 uses, the non-stick is perfect. Really quick to clean. Smaller pan great for small omlettes, pancakes, etc. Recommend.

Finish Dishwasher Cleaner Dual Action Twin Pack (2 x 250ml)
Finish Dishwasher Cleaner Dual Action Twin Pack (2 x 250ml)
Price: 6.79

5.0 out of 5 stars Essential, 5 Dec 2013
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I swear by Finish dishwasher cleaner. I've used cheaper supermarket own-brand cleaners in the past, but nothing works quite as well as Finish, in my opinion. Really simple to use - peel off the sticker on the lid, place it upside-down (so the nozzle facing down) it in the bottom rack of your empty dishwasher (just as you would a plate), and run a minimum 65 degree cycle. Finish recommends using it monthly, but I probably use one every 2-3 months when I remember!

Brabantia 30 Litre Retro Bin - Mineral Blue
Brabantia 30 Litre Retro Bin - Mineral Blue
Price: 105.73

4.0 out of 5 stars Stylish and practical, 5 Dec 2013
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Love this bin ... well, as much as anyone can love a bin, lol! It is advertised as being mineral blue. I don't really know what the "mineral" refers to, but it is a very deep, almost-black blue. The type of blue that looks black unless you put it by something that is actually black. We have Orla Kiely products in our kitchen, and it matches the deep blue (which Orla Kiely calls grey) of those products perfectly. I really like the fact that it has a matt (almost textured) finish as it doesn't mark. The soft close lid works well. I also like how the lid opens fully when you depress the pedal, so it makes is easy (and mess free) to empty things into the bin. When I first got this, I thought it would be too small as it looks a lot smaller than our previous plastic addis bin, but it holds a lot! I also really like how you can't see the plastic bin liner. In my opinion, it's a bin that I'm happy to actually display in my kitchen rather than an unsightly but necessary thing that holds rubbish. The only reason I have given it 4 stars intead of 5 is the price, as I do think it is a tad expensive for what it is.

Braun Satin Hair 7 ST710 Iontec Straightener
Braun Satin Hair 7 ST710 Iontec Straightener
Price: 39.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Good product, good price, 5 Dec 2013
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
There really is no need to spend hundreds of pounds on hair straighteners nowadays. This Braun Satin Hair 7 straightner is a great product at a great price. It has iontec technology, which is supposed to restore the shine and health of your hair. I can't really comment on that as it has only been used on hair that I would consider is already shiny & healthy, but it doesn't create any static, which is great! I really like the slimness of the plates, and they do glide really well. The heat up time is pretty fast (although the other set of straighteners I have is almost instant). I do like how it has a automatic shut off. It doesn't come with a pouch as standard, so if you want one you will need to go for the "Premium Edition" version (which is exactly the same straighteners but with a pouch!!). Also it doesn't have a lock to keep it closed when not in use (as my other straighteners have). However, the straighteners work well and don't break the bank, so definitely recommend.

Simple Simply Beautiful Gift Set
Simple Simply Beautiful Gift Set

5.0 out of 5 stars Simply Sensational, 5 Dec 2013
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Our teenager daughter swears by Simple beauty products. She has quite sensitive skin, and this is perfect for her in that it doesn't irritate her skin at all. The toner is excellent - it doesn't leave the skin overly tight after use. The moisturiser is great for young skin as it's very light and doesn't leave the skin feeling greasy or make it feel like something is sitting on top of the skin all day (if that makes sense, lol!). The smell is gorgeous too - really fresh and light.

This gift set includes Purifying Cleansing Lotion (200ml), Soothing Facial Toner (200ml) and Hydrating Light Moisturiser (125ml) from the "Simple Kind To Skin" range, plus a coordinating make-up bag. Each of the included beauty products currently retail at around 3 each (Dec 2013), so the addition of the make-up bag and the fact that this is boxed as a gift, makes this great value for money.

Gifted and Talented
Gifted and Talented
by Wendy Holden
Price: 9.09

4.0 out of 5 stars Great book, 21 Nov 2013
This review is from: Gifted and Talented (Paperback)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I really like Wendy Holden as a writer, even though I wouldn't give every book she's ever written 5 stars. I enjoyed this book a lot. It's very easy to read in that it keeps you interested, and you'll find yourself saying "I'll just read another chapter before I put it down". It is a bit predictable, but so what? If you like reading well written chick lit, then definitely give this a try. I'm sure you won't be disappointed.

Festive Productions Ltd 60 mm Assorted Finish Baubles, Pack of 12, Red
Festive Productions Ltd 60 mm Assorted Finish Baubles, Pack of 12, Red
Offered by Togga
Price: 9.98

1.0 out of 5 stars Awful quality, 1 Sep 2013
At the time I ordered these, I paid 3.55 for 12 baubles. The baubles came in their own plastic box. The outer packaging was the usual Amazon high quality (lots of scrunched up paper around the items in my order and the items placed in a large box), BUT when I took the box of baubles out and then examined them one by one, I found that 2 of them had holes in them the size of a 10 pence piece. They are described as being shatterproof!! Anyway, I continued to examine the rest to find that 3 further baubles had dents in them, a few others had what can only be described as not-quite-finished spraying of the colour! Another had a 3cm black mark on it! I am very disappointed. Unfortunately I didn''t have time to send them back and wait for a replacement as I needed them for a craft magazine commissioned project and the deadline would have passed by the time I had faffed around doing that (I had to decorate them, so I was able to cover up a lot of the imperfections). I would not recommend buying these to hang on your tree as they are awful quality and you will end up throwing most of them in the bin! Very disappointed.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8