Profile for StirlingB > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Braun cruZer 6 Beard and Head 3-in-1 Trimmer and Clipper
Braun cruZer 6 Beard and Head 3-in-1 Trimmer and Clipper

5.0 out of 5 stars Very pleased, 21 Aug. 2014
As barber prices have risen proportionately to my lack of need for them I started DIY hair trimming a few years ago with a small Babylis trimmer. I thought this was doing a good enough job, although I did have to make many passes and it always left a few stragglers. I also found the comb bit was loosely fitted so didn't give an even cut, so I thought it was time to upgrade.
I quite fancied the all over head and beard the same length look and now being able to pull off the "Salt and Pepper" look quite evenly I looked around for a device that would do it all, quickly and easily.
The Braun appears to be aimed at the cool young black wannabe rapper market so I thought it would be ideal for a Not Cool, Middle aged white bloke. I charged it up for about an hour, went into the bathroom and came out 5 minutes later looking like I'd been to a proper barbers. Of course I checked with the Mrs that my neck was OK. Did a great job mostly with one pass, everything evenly cut. I've yet to grow the beard bit but I'm sure this will be just as successful. Just one annoyance, it has a 2 pin plug on the charger. I know adapters are readily available, but just be aware and maybe order an adapter with it.

Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium - Full Version (PC DVD), 1 User
Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium - Full Version (PC DVD), 1 User

5.0 out of 5 stars Windows for £40, 15 Sept. 2013
Somehow I managed to pre-order this for about £40.
When I checked a few days later it had doubled in price.
Must have just got in there at the right time.
Well what is there to say about Windows7.
I'm writing this about a year after Windows 8 came out but I, (and millions of others) are still using 7.
Sounds a bit like the old XP - Vista scenario.

Creative Inspire T10 Multimedia Speakers
Creative Inspire T10 Multimedia Speakers

5.0 out of 5 stars Buy them Now !, 15 Sept. 2013
I've been using these for 2 and a half years and the have been faultless. They look great in their shiney black housings.
They sound great, although I have never turned them up very loud. I use them mainly for FPS gaming and they have quite enough base and sound spectrum to give a good gaming experience.

Ibanez GRGR121EX Black Night
Ibanez GRGR121EX Black Night

5.0 out of 5 stars It's Black .... Very Black, 15 Sept. 2013
This review is from: Ibanez GRGR121EX Black Night
I can't play it to save my life but I love this guitar.
Hooked up to a good amp it makes me think I sound great. Which is what really matters.
Friends who can actually play say that it has a really good sound and feels to it and it is easy to play.
I just like the fact that everything is BLACK on it.

Skullcandy Ink'd In-Ear Audio Earbud Headphones - Blue
Skullcandy Ink'd In-Ear Audio Earbud Headphones - Blue
Offered by BlueBarrelSurf

3.0 out of 5 stars Good looking and reasonably priced, 15 Sept. 2013
Bought them to attach to a cheap MP3 player (not ipod). They do the job and look quite good in metalic blue.

Aurora AS610C 6 Sheet Cross-Cut Shredder with Waste Bin
Aurora AS610C 6 Sheet Cross-Cut Shredder with Waste Bin

5.0 out of 5 stars It shreds paper, 15 Sept. 2013
Yep ! it shreds paper.
All sorts of paper, thick paper, thin paper, coloured paper even fancy bonds like conqueror.
Quite a high capacity bin for a home use shredder.
Hasn't jammed at all since I have been using it (about a year).
Recommended.

Powerball Signature Series Powerball - Transparent
Powerball Signature Series Powerball - Transparent

4.0 out of 5 stars Makes your arms ache, 15 Sept. 2013
Incredible little device
I had a pain in my left shoulder and after a few weeks of using this all was well.
However it made my tennis elbow on my right arm much worse.
BUT this is not claimed to be a medical cure all.
I did find that regular use does help muscle strength in the fore arms and encourages a firm grip.
Haven't used it for ages, you know what it's like when the novelty wears off.

The Magic of Reality: How we know what's really true
The Magic of Reality: How we know what's really true
by Richard Dawkins

4.0 out of 5 stars RD's usual waffle about the obvious., 15 Sept. 2013
I've read a couple of Mr Dawkin's books now and, although I agree whole heartedly with what he writes, I still can't understand how he can use so many words to explain what to most of us is obvious.
It's good to know that Richard is out there promoting common sense but I fear that if he continues to waffle too much he will turn readers off.
Or maybe some people do need the obvious explained to them in words of one syllable.
Keep it up Richard.

Exspect Digital SLR Camera Bag
Exspect Digital SLR Camera Bag

4.0 out of 5 stars Cheap and does the job, 15 Sept. 2013
I've been using this for a year now. Not for heavy duty use by any means but it has protected my camera admirably through 3 foreign holidays.
It's very light and well padded. I use it for a Canon EOS 350D with standard lens and the camera fits in there nicely.
There are the usual pockets etc for spare batteries and memory cards.
What looks like light grey in the picture is actually a light greenish colour but it's inoffensive and not a problem for me.
The top cover overlaps to fully cover the contents. I would imagine it will keep your camera dry in even the heaviest downpours.
Recommended !

Far Cry 3 - The Lost Expeditions Edition(PC DVD)
Far Cry 3 - The Lost Expeditions Edition(PC DVD)
Offered by CSC Distribution

4.0 out of 5 stars Not Far Cry 2, 15 Sept. 2013
Played Far cry 1, loved it.
Played Far cry 2 (about a dozen times from start to finish), REALLY Loved it.
Have been awaiting Far Cry 3 literally for years, Disappointed. :(
All I really wanted was Far Cry 2 with, maybe a few more characters, some new missions and maybe a different landscape.
Well the landscape is certainly good and the new characters are good but the actual storyline and practical game play leave a lot to be desired. The Lack of a "quick save" was a major issue or me. If you have to stop playing mid mission, then next time the game is started you have to go right back to square one.
Credits in Far Cry 2 where gathered by earning diamonds, but in 3 it's done mainly by "Skinning" wildlife. What sort of Shoot 'em up is that ????
The worst bit is the stupid drug induced fantasy levels which have to be fought through if you want to proceed and see Citra's breasts.
A shoot 'em up should be just that IMO, no stabbing, no hunting animals, and no "drugs" which make your mouse hard to control.
PS I'm now playing Far Cry 3 Blood dragon (about a fiver to download). So it can't have been all that bad.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Aug 8, 2014 11:28 PM BST