Profile for James Crawford > Reviews

Content by James Crawford

James Crawford (London, UK)

Stalingrad
Stalingrad
Price: 5.99

5.0 out of 5 stars excellent and chilling book, 11 July 2014
This review is from: Stalingrad (Kindle Edition)
This tells a complicated story in a vivid and engaging way. An incredible achievement which I thoroughly enjoyed. Really great

Thunder and Lightnings (Puffin Modern Classics)
Thunder and Lightnings (Puffin Modern Classics)
by Jan Mark

5.0 out of 5 stars My favourite book when I was a child, 10 Jun 2014
This is not a fast-paced, action-packed thriller, but the emotional richness of the story makes it a compelling book. Andrew moves from Kent to Norfolk and struggles to fit in until he forges an alliance with Victor, another of the school's outcasts. Their growing friendship, set against the disappearance of Victor's favourite aeroplane, is a story I returned to again and again as a kid.

Moral Philosophy: A guide to ethical theory (Philosophy in Focus)
Moral Philosophy: A guide to ethical theory (Philosophy in Focus)
by Gerald Jones
Price: 13.62

5.0 out of 5 stars A very useful teaching tool, 3 Dec 2012
I found this book extremely useful when I was launched into teaching Kantian ethics in my PGCE year. It was clear enough to help me understand what I was supposed to be teaching and it gave me some very helpful examples which I could pass on to the students. Highly recommended.

Marantz PMD620 Digital Voice Recorder
Marantz PMD620 Digital Voice Recorder
Offered by Fuzion
Price: 335.81

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, professional bit of kit, 24 May 2010
I use this recorder for all of my Radio 4 documentaries and recommend it unhesitatingly to other producers, journalists and schools. Its menu is, I suppose, a little bit fiddly, but you shouldn't really need to use it too much after the initial set-up. I've never had any files corrupt and I've been using it pretty heavily for just over a year. As far as I'm concerned it's the easiest to use and best value recorder out there.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 14, 2013 3:04 AM BST

Diary of a Mad Bride
Diary of a Mad Bride
by Laura Wolf

5.0 out of 5 stars Sassy, self-deprecating and smart, 10 Aug 2001
This review is from: Diary of a Mad Bride (Paperback)
I found this book on my girlfriend's shelf and picked it up out of idle curiosity. Three days later I put it down with a contented sigh. Amy, the Mad Bride, is a wonderful character, very New York, very vital and the story Laura Wolf weaves around her is beautifully constructed. Always believable and always funny, this is one of the best books I've read for a long time.