Profile for john forster > Reviews

Magic Decanter Red Wine Aerator & Stand
Magic Decanter Red Wine Aerator & Stand
Offered by Mayfield Plaza

5.0 out of 5 stars Red Wine Aerator, 4 Aug. 2013
This is a great looking device, at a bargain price. And it works.

To get started I used to put a little un-aerated wine in one glass and a little aerated wine in another and do a taste comparison. We always found we preferred the aerated wine, but we always had the choice of which way to go.

The device is now the default method for us.

The noise of the air being sucked into the wine raised a few eyebrows so I now decant the wine into a jug or an empty bottle (I'm too cheap to buy a decanter) before serving it.

The device comes with a drip catching stand and neat little filter. It does look good.
There is also a black cloth bag for storage. The aerator is kept in a drawer, so the bag is ideal for keeping it all together and unscratched.

Most wine we drink is less than a tenner, but if I did buy older, more expensive wine then I would do incorporate the taste test just to make sure.

I am really pleased with it: it works; it looks good; it's affordable.

The Girl On The Boat [1962] [DVD] [1961]
The Girl On The Boat [1962] [DVD] [1961]
Dvd ~ Norman Wisdom

2.0 out of 5 stars just another norman wisdom vehicle, 5 Mar. 2013
Some reviewers indicated this was different to the usual wisdom fare. It isn't. If you are not a wisdom fan then this is one to leave alone. I grieve for my money and the time wasted watching it.