Profile for K. GRAHAM > Reviews

K. GRAHAM

Kybalion: A Study Of The Hermetic Philosophy Of Ancient Egypt And Greece
Kybalion: A Study Of The Hermetic Philosophy Of Ancient Egypt And Greece

5.0 out of 5 stars The keys to self mastery are contained herein., 4 Nov 2014
One of the greatest occult books ever written. It's implications for the progress and evolution of humankind are yet to be realised, but the seed is growing. Those that read and understand this book are well on the path to self-mastery. Therefore it is a book to be read many times and thoroughly absorbed by the reader, thereafter it's teaching can be applied to all areas of life by the student. The book is a shining star, a guiding light and more. The writers remain anonymous for they know the book is greater than them, and they know that the glory does not belong to them, they have learnt to be humble on their way to self-mastery.

Audio Dynamix® X05-UE2 Aluminium Bluetooth V4.0 Speaker - Silver - 3000mah providing 40hrs playtime on a single charge, Bluetooth range 40mtrs and Apt-X
Offered by Audio Dynamix Ltd

5.0 out of 5 stars The fine wine of bluetooth speakers, amazing price., 4 Dec 2013
Have just received my gorgeous little speaker, wow this is a quality piece of kit!! Quite weighty and solid brushed aluminum, I was looking at (and almost bought) the Cambridge Minx Go which is £40 more but I'm pleased I didn't. As I'm writing this review the speaker is playing away in the corner of my large living room and wow is it loud. The clarity of the lyrics is stunning, this is a quality speaker! I bought a Veho Mimi Qube a couple of weeks ago and I've returned it due to it being 'tinny' and a bit gutless, this speaker is anything but, it produces a lovely warm rich sound that belies the size of it. Ok the bass isn't going to vibrate your rib cage but it has got bass and plenty of it.
I've connected my Galaxy S4 with no problems, the signal has missed a beat a couple of times but am not sure whether its the phone or the speaker but it hasn't dropped the connection totally. The good news about this speaker is- it gets better with age,so it's just like a fine wine, it's well worth the investment, easily the best £58 I've ever spent on anything -ever!!!

Bodymax Chrome Handle Kettlebell - 14kg
Bodymax Chrome Handle Kettlebell - 14kg
Offered by Powerhouse Fitness

3.0 out of 5 stars OK but has it's faults, 13 Sep 2013
I'm 5'8" (174cm) male weighing 12.5 stone (80kg) and have done the gym in the past, having scanned the internet for a starting weight for my first kettlebell the consensus seemed to be 16KG, having had lower back problems I thought I'd play things safe and go for the 14KG bell to start. I did the right thing, I've found 14kg to be plenty heavy for a starting weight.
My first purchase of a kettlebell and I've discovered the hard way that its best to research before you buy. The first problem is the size of the bell, the rubber coating obviously makes the bell larger and the handle is big too (I'm comparing it to my Kettlebell DVD where the instuctors KB looks much smaller in comparison) when your doing 'Cleans' the bell swings and wacks you in the wrist, a smaller bell wouldn't swing as much but maybe it's my beginners technique. Also the chrome handle becomes slippery when your hand becomes sweaty (which it will if you're working hard enough), this is pretty dodgey when you're swinging this thing violently in front of you!
However I got a really good workout from using this bell, and I'm going to persevere with it and to rectify the issues with it I've ordered some decent weight lifting gloves with wrist protectors.
Once my body is conditioned to this bell I'll be jumping up a few KG's (maybe a 20kg bell) but I won't be buying this bell I'll be buying a plain ole cast iron job, without the fancy handle or rubber coating.

Skycrane Hydration Pack
Skycrane Hydration Pack
Offered by Adventure Avenue

5.0 out of 5 stars Great pack!! Why pay more for other more well known 2 litre packs?, 31 July 2013
This review is from: Skycrane Hydration Pack (Misc.)
This pack is amazing, it has all the space I need and more. There's room for all tools, spare tubes, money, mobile phone, mini pump, food (bananas, energy bars) and my thick rain jacket. It has external mesh side pockets and bungee for whatever else you wanna stuff in it. The hydration system with bite valve works really well, its an extremely well made quality item that should last forever. It fits great with a chest strap, but it also has a waist strap if you doing bumpy stuff on your mountain bike. I'm over the moon with it! I was seriously considering buying a more expensive well known brand but for the extra cash but I would have gotten a lot less space. I've just had it on 50 mile cross country ride in the blazing sun, and with my 750ml cage bottle I found I had ample fluids to last the journey. This has got to be the best cycling/walking pack for the money, I cant fault it, one happy customer.

Modern Magick (Llewellyn's High Magick)
Modern Magick (Llewellyn's High Magick)
by Donald Michael Kraig

2.0 out of 5 stars Playing with fire is dangerous, 2 Aug 2012
Occultism/magick should be approached cautiously, Israel Regardie refused to discuss magick with anyone unless they had had several hours of counselling therapy beforehand, and rightly so. Messing around with ritual magick without proper supervision can lead to intense and unwanted psychological phenomena (yes I can personally vouch for this). This book lets you do just that, and you will have nowhere to turn to if things go wrong. DMK admits in this book that things can go wrong and talks in depth about how he is paying the Karmic price for one of his students going off the rails!! So why is he making this information available to any Tom, Dick or Harry?
The writer of this book seems to be into sex in a big way (including group sex) this suggests to me that he is hedonistic, not IMO a good occult role model! If you are well read in occult matters then you'll heed the warnings of the initiates (such as Paul Foster Case) to steer clear of people/groups who promote sexual promiscuity or drug use. So be warned!
If you are a true seeker then it would be best for you to join a school where things are taken slowly at first and you are properly supervised. A school that doesn't make profit, and only charges a nominal fee for the lessons, a school that isn't run by 'self proclaimed' gurus/adepts who are hungry for your admiration (and your money!). There are a few schools out there that are genuine and if you are a genuine seeker then you will find the right one. But please be very wary and careful, occultism is a minefield not to be played in.

Texas Hold'em Poker: Win Online
Texas Hold'em Poker: Win Online
by Paul Mendelson

3.0 out of 5 stars Good advice, but don't expect to make a fortune, 21 April 2010
Just started playing poker on line with this book to guide me, it's gave me some useful tips on how to be an aggressive player, how to choose a table, how much to bet and so on. However its falls down a bit when he tells you to keep notes on the players so you can prejudge their actions- how they play, etc.

Yeah you can do this but it means sitting and watching the table for ages before you join the game (yawn). Then whilst your playing, new players turn up (inevitably) and change the dynamics of the game. He says 'build up your notes on players and keep them handy for when you play them next time'. My GOD there's thousands of players online at any one time so how long n how many tables do you need to play before you've got enough knowledge/notes to know them and to beat em?

I ain't won a penny since I started using his system, this is due to bad beats, I.E you raise high on high ranking doubles, but then you get stung by being called and the other guy has a straight or two low doubles, when it goes down to the river card, argh!!, he writes that you don't want to go to the flop if you can help it because this lessens the odds of winning, bet high so people fold. This is good aggressive play but if your playing a low stakes game (which as a novice you will be unless you're super rich/stupid) then you'll only win a small pot. Also this fails when another guy calls you cos they've gotta half decent hand too, if you've kept notes on this guy then you can guess whether he's bluffing, but he may not be and it's still a gamble to go to the flop with your high pair.

I suppose if you're very brave novice with balls o steel (and a big wad of cash) his system could work well in medium/high stake games where the pot before the flop is decent, maybe one day I'll reach that stage!

Poker is great fun but it ain't for the faint hearted.

Samsung LE37R87 - 37" Widescreen HD Ready LCD TV - With Freeview
Samsung LE37R87 - 37" Widescreen HD Ready LCD TV - With Freeview

2.0 out of 5 stars poor picture quality, 27 Nov 2007
I read all the reviews and was really looking forward to turning on my new TV, but was really disapointed with the picture quality. It seemed to be crystal clear one minute then at the change of a scene the picture was grainy and worse than the CRT TV that it had replaced. Then there was the jumping, some images used to jump usually when they moved, which became very irritating. It seemed the TV couldn't keep up with the moving images, I checked the signal strength via the TV software and I had a really good signal so maybe they sent me a dud. I've decided to return the telly and buy another brand.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 17, 2009 12:58 AM BST