Profile for pinkwallpaper > Reviews

The Casual Vacancy
The Casual Vacancy
by J.K. Rowling

4.0 out of 5 stars Great until the last two chapters, 7 Mar 2014
This review is from: The Casual Vacancy (Paperback)
I enjoyed this book and thought Rowling had done it again in writing a brilliant book. Why did she feel the need to kill off two of the characters that you had really routed for throughout the book? It would have been five stars if a slightly different ending which would not have spoiled the book in any way.

Engleby
Engleby
by Sebastian Faulks

5.0 out of 5 stars Different again, 7 Mar 2014
This review is from: Engleby (Paperback)
Sebastian Faulks manages to surprise with every book and this is no exception. Unfortunately, non of the characters were pleasant particulary Englby but that does not detract from the quality of this unusually written book. I am still not quite sure if I fully understood it but I am sure I could reread it and get even more from it on a second reading

Sometimes Love. . . (A laugh out Loud Romantic Comedy Box Set)
Sometimes Love. . . (A laugh out Loud Romantic Comedy Box Set)

5.0 out of 5 stars A great collection, 25 Dec 2013
Dating In the Dark
I've read a couple of this authors work now and this one is as different as the others, but just as funny. The story meets Jason at a time in his life where he is literally desperate to find love. The situations he's been are somewhat tragic although his ideas to snare a woman are no less sad. Once it pays off he finds him self in deep water, which for someone as short as Jason is terrifying. He gets a girl the trick is can he keep her? I won't put any spoliers in this review, Ill just say that the story has a lovely message to it and along with a cracking plot this book made me laugh at least once every page.I've read a couple of this authors work now and this one is as different as the others, but just as funny. The story meets Jason at a time in his life where he is literally desperate to find love. The situations he's been are somewhat tragic although his ideas to snare a woman are no less sad. Once it pays off he finds him self in deep water, which for someone as short as Jason is terrifying. He gets a girl the trick is can he keep her? I won't put any spoliers in this review, Ill just say that the story has a lovely message to it and along with a cracking plot this book made me laugh at least once every page.

Bride and Gloom
I enjoyed this book, it's a good follow up from the first. Jason doesn't change too much. He's still a miserable so and so. I suppose that's why it's called bride and gloom.

The Complete Idiot Reviews (A Laugh Out Loud Comedy Box Set)
The Complete Idiot Reviews (A Laugh Out Loud Comedy Box Set)

5.0 out of 5 stars funny books, 4 Sep 2013
I bought all these seperately but as amazon want me to review I will just say, if you fancy a laugh and saving some money then get the boxset. I love reading this and laughed out loud at all of them.

The Village Idiot Reviews (A Laugh Out Loud Comedy) (The Idiot Reviews Book 1)
The Village Idiot Reviews (A Laugh Out Loud Comedy) (The Idiot Reviews Book 1)

5.0 out of 5 stars Funny, 4 Sep 2013
This was the first book I read from this author and is one of the most original books I've ever read. The village folk are all bonkers, Ethel being my fave. I'll be buying the others in the series.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars comfort+++, 28 Dec 2012
These are warm comfy socks that look cheerful and smart. They have no seams on the toe so are perfect for sock princesses like me.