Profile for Dave Tudor > Reviews

Dave Tudor "david.tudor2@ntlworld.com"

Get To Heaven
Get To Heaven

5.0 out of 5 stars Astounding Creativity, 24 July 2015
This review is from: Get To Heaven (Audio CD)
Stumbled across this band by accident and decided to have a punt and buy the CD. It is simply astonishing both musically and lyrically and is a that rare thing of beauty, a pop album that is perfect on every level and in every respect. This is no little gem, it is a modern masterpiece. I'm now 57 years old and had long given up on finding any new bands that were exciting or innovative. I'm looking forward to seeing them live in November, the first 'conventional' gig I will be attending since my daughter was born. She's coming with me and she's 20 now.

That's Entertainment: My Life in the Jam
That's Entertainment: My Life in the Jam
by Rick Buckler

5.0 out of 5 stars Outstanding, 5 Jun. 2015
Read this in one sitting as I could not put it down. A facinating and insightful account of Rick's life both in and after The Jam, one of the very finest bands ever to come out of the UK. Buy it and then listen to all records again. Still breathtaking.

Morphy Richards 75184 All Night Heated Double Underblanket
Morphy Richards 75184 All Night Heated Double Underblanket

1.0 out of 5 stars Don't buy it, 3 Feb. 2012
Bought this as a Christmas gift for my daughter who feels the cold. Three things of note:

1. The power lead is very, very short so unless the bed is actually next to a socket forget it
2. It is indeed very small
3. It stopped working after only 1 month.

Awful and a complete waste of money. I'll now be buying a better one.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Oct 10, 2014 11:44 AM BST

Flying Deuces [DVD]
Flying Deuces [DVD]
Dvd ~ Stan Laurel
Offered by A ENTERTAINMENT

4.0 out of 5 stars Great film, awful print, 27 April 2004
This review is from: Flying Deuces [DVD] (DVD)
Never mind the price - this is an appalling print of this film whichnearly managed to wreck my enjoyment. The picture is fuzzy, there areannoying jumps where a few seconds have been lost, blotches and scrathes.It's alomst unbeliveable that this company had the cheek to release itlike this!

Access 97 Developer's Handbook (Sybex)
Access 97 Developer's Handbook (Sybex)
by Paul Litwin

5.0 out of 5 stars Outstanding, 7 Nov. 1999
I came to Access 97 and VBA about nine months ago, albeit with several years experience of other programming languages. It soon became obvious that I needed some reference material. I bought this book and its companion (VBA Developer's Handbook) on the strengh of the reviews here and I have absolutely delighted with the result. Both of them paid back their cost in saved time in just one day in resolving several problems that I had in an application I was writing.
What I particularly like is that the books are so well structured and focused on practical issues and resolutions as well as explaining the detailed technical issues. Additionally both books really do complement each other.
Access 97 has been my meat and drink now for about six months and I refer to these books on a daily basis.
By the way, other books worth getting: Access 97 Power Programming (NOT a starter book but you may find you come to it over time) Access 97 Expert Solutions ( the chapter on bulletproofing applications is worth the cost of admission alone).