Profile for M. Evans > Reviews

M. Evans "mick6969"

Page: 1 | 2
GBR2851T Freeview HD Digital Receiver with BBC iPlayer
GBR2851T Freeview HD Digital Receiver with BBC iPlayer

5.0 out of 5 stars best on the market at the time (and I've tried ..., 18 July 2014
Superb, best on the market at the time (and I've tried many), I bought it. So easy to set up and provides perfect HD (obviously Digital Aerial required).

The Kid [Blu-Ray] [2010]
The Kid [Blu-Ray] [2010]
Dvd ~ Augustus Prew
Offered by hunting_for_a_bargain
Price: 13.50

5.0 out of 5 stars Acting was good. The book is even more in depth and ..., 18 July 2014
This review is from: The Kid [Blu-Ray] [2010] (Blu-ray)
Very underrated film, with no real strong promotion on film release. True story which is heart breaking, I am 55 it made me cry! Acting was good. The book is even more in depth and sadder. Brilliant uplifting film, everyone should 'at least' watch the superb film once in their life. The actual events only happened in 2002 10/10 if I could 20/10

King Kong [Blu-ray][Region Free]
King Kong [Blu-ray][Region Free]
Dvd ~ Naomi Watts
Price: 5.00

5.0 out of 5 stars but a brilliant film as a whole, 18 July 2014
Directors cut, long film, takes a while before the action & effects begin, but a brilliant film as a whole.
Fantastic in Blu-Ray 1080HD.

Blackadder - The Complete Collection [DVD]
Blackadder - The Complete Collection [DVD]
Dvd ~ Rowan Atkinson
Offered by HalfpriceDVDS_FBA
Price: 49.98

5.0 out of 5 stars very rare interview with Rowan Atkinson & a funny and now sad (for obvious reasons) interview with Rick ..., 18 July 2014
Ordered the BLACK ADDER - The complete collection, was sent the later re-mastered version
Includes the 25th anniversary documentary, along with loads of extras which included, very rare interview with Rowan Atkinson & a funny and now sad (for obvious reasons) interview with Rick Mayall.
Comedies (Through my eyes & ears) is low standard in comparison with the big boys from the past, with perfect produced scripts 'To die for'.
Fawlty Towers, Only Fools & Horses, Porridge & Black Adder never to be equalled for standard, quality, entertainment, never age & the gift of making viewers laugh each time watched, even years later...
I recommend this for everyone who owns / wants to own the perfect 'modern day' comedy collection. PRICELESS GEM...

Old Jews Telling Jokes [DVD] [2009] [Region 1] [US Import] [NTSC]
Old Jews Telling Jokes [DVD] [2009] [Region 1] [US Import] [NTSC]
Dvd ~ Sam Hoffman
Offered by supermart_usa
Price: 6.45

5.0 out of 5 stars Wish it was longer, 6 Jun 2014
So funny, can't wait for the 2nd series to be released on DVD. Hurry Up please, my life already!!! 10/10

One Voice [DVD] [2006]
One Voice [DVD] [2006]
Dvd ~ Barbra Streisand
Price: 12.95

4.0 out of 5 stars Great concert, 6 Jun 2014
This review is from: One Voice [DVD] [2006] (DVD)
Brill concert, I know it was for a charity BUT, Barbra breaks away from her beautiful singing voice, several times to speak her mind about the state of the world, spoilt it a tad!!!!

Music And Passion - Live From Las Vegas [DVD] [2013]
Music And Passion - Live From Las Vegas [DVD] [2013]
Dvd ~ Barry Manilow
Price: 6.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Last of the real show man, 6 Jun 2014
Brilliant concert, brilliant performer and of course brilliant singer/song writer.
Very crisp HD picture, when played on my Blu-Ray, even though it is only DVD, the Blu-Ray enhances the picture to no end!

Sony BDXS600U 6X Slim External BD-RW Bus Powered Drive
Sony BDXS600U 6X Slim External BD-RW Bus Powered Drive

5.0 out of 5 stars Light weight & works on 64 bit PC's & Laptops, 8 Aug 2012
The Sony BDXS600U is perfect, tried two others before which were bad just didn't work.

Personally I only had one main issue when I recieved it; the software disc which came with it offers a trial version of Power DVD 10 (Which I already had installed but was giving me messages that I was required to update to play Blu-Ray discs) uninstalled my version - installed the trial version which came with the Sony drive, that didn't work also was asking for me to update to be able to play Blu-Ray.

I 'paid' for an update it began to crash straight away, I paid for Power DVD 11, uninstalled my expensive 2nd version of Power DVD 10; installed 11 'This crashed everytime' I tried to play a Blu-Ray film.

Read up on Power Dvd on-line & found many many cases of Power DVD 10,11 & 12 crashing when came to the software being used for Blu-Ray playback.

I kept my faith in Power DVD because before buying the Sony Blu-Ray drive, the software was so good for everything else (So much better & crisper playback)& was begining to think there was something wrong with my new Sony Blu-Ray drive; I bought Power DVD 12 that crashed everytime as well.

I spoke to an I.T. technician I know very well personally plus also read up again on-line & both told me, the best by far - nothing compares Blu-Ray software for everything to do with perfect 3D, playback and burning was: COREL WinDVD Pro 11 & that I should stay well away from Power DVD software from 11 upwards.

Bought a copy of Corel WinDVD Pro 11 installed it - no problems whatsoever, really fantastic piece of software, it kicks Power DVD to the kerb!!!!!!!

Clough - The Brian Clough Story  [DVD]
Clough - The Brian Clough Story [DVD]
Dvd ~ Pete Postlethwaite
Price: 8.92

5.0 out of 5 stars Mr Clough - The Best Ever England Manager Who Never Was, 5 May 2009
This DVD covers everything concerning Brian Clough's climb to the very highest level in the football world.
It covers also the release of the book and the film 'Damned United'
and compares and explains the huge differences between both.
This DVD is football history never to be equalled, Brian Clough took a small virtual non-league team at the time Nottingham Forest; within under a five year period to become European Champions (Two years in a row), this feat of a normal UK domestic league team away from the big four becoming champions of Europe will never ever be able to happen again and never will.
The DVD shows in depth what all true football fans knew already that because Brian Clough was not a 'Yes Man' the F.A. even though he was the best manager in the country; blocked him from becoming the England manager. "People in high authority are scared of experience, knowhow and success" by an individual doing things his own way.
The DVD is at the end very sad, I had a tear in my eye, knowing that Brian Clough was a outspoken footballing genius who was corruptly and unfairly blocked out of the job he wanted so dearly the England job and to many people all over the world have stated that if he was in charge of the national team then, England would have won the world cup again and again.
For any real football fan of any age this DVD is a must buy...
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 8, 2011 5:44 PM BST

Arsenal Fc: Ian Wright - Legend [DVD]
Arsenal Fc: Ian Wright - Legend [DVD]

4.0 out of 5 stars Ian Wright 'Legend', 5 May 2009
Even though I am a Spurs supporter! I had been eagerly awaiting the release of this DVD for a long time?
In comparison with other top goal scorers; Ian Wright only began playing at top level at a late age in the top flight football world of 22/23.
Throughout his career no one could fault his love and his approach to both the game and his club 'Especially Arsenal'.
The DVD covers his whole top flight career and all of his goals obviously; but for the first time which not many people get to see or hear is Ian's strong and undeniable love for: Football,Arsenal & England.
Ian Wright was a true pro who did not in any way, let money affect his ability or his focus on the game, which is a problem in the game today.
His passion for the game is missed now on the field but his personality and sense of humour which was one of Arsenal's strong points at the time, especially in the dressing room before and at half time intervals can only be seen now when as a guest pro commentator on the T.V.
For any football supporter including Spurs to who we all know how much Ian Wright loved our team, this DVD is modern day footaball history already made, buy it it's a must.....

Page: 1 | 2