Profile for Mr. M. Hawkins > Reviews

Content by Mr. M. Hawkins

Mr. M. Hawkins (Lancashire, UK)

Neewer Professional Battery Grip BG-E5 Replacement for Canon 450D 500D 1000D / Rebel XS XSi T1i, Compatible with LP-E5 Batteries
Offered by Happy Sales UK

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Product!, 24 July 2014
I bought this after internet research, including Amazon reviews, as an alternative to the official Canon accessory (priced at over 5 times the cost of this). This has proved to be an excellent decision for the Neewer version is well made and works perfectly with my Canon EOS 500d. A really useful accessory and I'm very happy with it. If this can be made and sold profitably at this price then shame on Canon.

Sena Ultraslim Classic Cases for Apple iPhone 5 - Red
Sena Ultraslim Classic Cases for Apple iPhone 5 - Red

3.0 out of 5 stars Sena iPhone 5 Case, 20 Jun 2013
These cases have a good reputation and are beautifully made. I've no complaints about the quality or colour but having bought it as a gift for my wife (to go with her brand new iPhone 5) it's a little disappointing that the fit of the case is so tight that she has major problems in getting it out again in time to answer incoming calls. I'm assuming it will loosen a little in time (hopefully soon) an assuming it does it will be perfect for the job. This issue does not seem to have affected other buyers as it would surely have featured in reviews before. Until it does loosen up so as to aid usability it would be hard to recommend this case to others.

My iMac (Mountain Lion Edition)
My iMac (Mountain Lion Edition)
by John Ray

5.0 out of 5 stars My iMac, 20 Jun 2013
All my years working with and in IT have been spent on Microsoft Windows operating systems. Since buying an iPad that has changed and I now own a new generation 27" iMac. This book is extremely well written and has proved very helpful in quickly getting up to speed with the Apple operating system and how to get the best from it. I've bought an additional copy for my sister in law and would not hesitate to recommend this book to other users venturing into the world of Apple computing.

BlackBerry PlayBook Journal Case Black leather, ACC-40278-201 (Black leather)
BlackBerry PlayBook Journal Case Black leather, ACC-40278-201 (Black leather)
Offered by Olympus International Ltd

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect Cover, 22 Oct 2011
I admit that when I first bought my Playbook I looked at this cover but elected instead for a cheaper one elsewhere. Whilst that was fine there is no doubt that this genuine Blackberry cover is of far better quality and looks the part. This is beautifully made of quality leather and Blackberry branded. Fastening the cover is similar to many Kindle covers with an elasticated strap which I've found perfectly OK, provided it is treated with due care. The Playbook fits this cover beautifully and is easily disengaged when the need arises, but this cannot happen by accident. The RRP from Blackberry was a bit off putting but this cover is available via Amazon Shops at a good discount. Recommended accessory.

BlackBerry PlayBook Rapid Charging Stand
BlackBerry PlayBook Rapid Charging Stand
Offered by TheTechTree-UK

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 22 Oct 2011
A simple solution to charging and using the Playbook simultaneously. A solid and well made product which hold the Playbook at the optimum angle and significantly reduces the charging time required. A worthwhile accessory which I'm glad I invested in.

Garmin Nuvi 1490 T Portable Satellite Navigation with Bluetooth
Garmin Nuvi 1490 T Portable Satellite Navigation with Bluetooth
Offered by AVOCADO DEALS

5.0 out of 5 stars Garmin 1490T Sat Nav, 22 Sep 2011
I've owned a few Sat Nav units over the years but having started with TomTom had stuck with that brand until now. However the frankly appalling reputation of TomTom customer "service", which is truly deserved, led me to consider a change. I'd always considered Garmin, despite it's brand profile, as a poor relation but close study of reviews, plus being fed up with TomTom led me to risk a change on this occasion. I'm really glad I did and have been very happy with the 1490T model selected. Contrary to some other reviews it's not remotely difficult to set up and update provided you have a little patience and read the instructions. It's joy in use as well and even my wife, who doesn't even pretend to be technically minded, in any way loves it. Very straightforward and intuitive to use and has not steered us wrong in the two months we've been using it. The only gripe is truly minor and that is the lack of ability to customise the colour scheme, apart from between the preset day and night modes. The choice of fuschia pink as the route guidance colour for daylight was not an inspired one, but that's the only thing I can remotely complain about. Overall I'm delighted with the purchase and TomTom have definitely lost my custom for the future.

Navitech Leather GPS Satellite Navigation Carry Slip Case for Garmin Nuvi 1410t, 1410, 1440, 1450, 1450t, 1490t, 1490, 1490 TV & 1495 Series & 1695 5 inch Widescreen models
Offered by Navitech Official Uk Store Ltd - Order before the 23rd Dec for Guaranteed delivery

4.0 out of 5 stars Navitech Leather GPS Case, 22 Sep 2011
A well made item as you'd expect from Navitech. Does it's job perfectly and fits the Garmin 1490T unit like a glove.

Garmin Universal Friction Mount for 700/600/300/200 series
Garmin Universal Friction Mount for 700/600/300/200 series
Offered by TeleCity

5.0 out of 5 stars Univeral Friction Mount, 22 Sep 2011
I was rather sceptical at first glance that this mounting could possibly remain stable for extended periods but was convinced to give it a try by other positive reviews. The mount was required as, due to a change in car, I no longer have a built in Sat Nav and needed a good mount for the Garmin 1490T bought at the same time. The item was rapidly delivered and in use it has been excellent and indeed remains totally stable. As I do a lot of hill driving due to a weekly commute to West Cumbria I am delighted with the performance. It's a bit bulky to look at without the Sat Nav attached but just lifts off and easily put away until needed. I fully recommend this excellent mounting solution and am very glad that I didn't look at any of the screen mounts available.

BlackBerry 9700 Charging Pod
BlackBerry 9700 Charging Pod
Offered by Best For Best

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 17 Jun 2010
The perfect accessory to charge up the Blackberry and save wear and tear on the USB connection socket. Works great by the bedside to charge up the BB overnight and make the device a useful alarm clock. Recommended highly.