Profile for Alex > Reviews

Content by Alex

Alex

Anker Premium Stereo Bluetooth Speaker (A3143) with Powerful Bass and Volume for iPhone, iPad, Android and More (Black)

5.0 out of 5 stars A sleek bluetooth speaker, 21 Aug. 2015
This is a compact, portable Bluetooth speaker, which enables you to listen to your music collection from your iPad, iPod, smartphone, Amazon Kindle or other tablet, and other Bluetooth enabled devices.
The speaker has a fairly modest size and the body of the speaker is made from a gloss black plastic, which feels pretty robust. There is also a rubberised layer beneath the speaker, to help avoid scratches and marks on furniture.
A USB to Micro USB charge lead is included which you plug into the micro USB input socket located on the right hand side of the speaker, which enables you to charge up the speaker from a USB compatible socket plug, or the USB input socket of a desktop PC or laptop.

A small orange LED illuminates on the top of the speaker when it's charging. The light turns itself off once the speaker is fully charged - I'd figure on a charge time of roughly 3 to 4 hours from a completely flat battery. Fully charged the playtime is around 10 hours.
Pairing the speaker with a Bluetooth enabled device is very easy. Your device pairs with the speaker once the blue LED stops flashing and you have selected the speaker in the settings. I've never had any issues pairing my iPhone 6.
You can also use this speaker with non-Bluetooth devices, using the supplied AUX in.

There are four rubberised control buttons on the top of the speaker - a power on-off button, play button, and a volume up and down.
The sound performance and quality of this speaker really out does its relatively modest proportions.
The bass response is good with the speaker featuring MaxxBass technology and two passive subwoofers for enhanced bass performance.
The mid-range is warm and very well defined. Piano, lead guitar, snare drum, synth chords and vocals are nicely reproduced and avoid sounding artificial or manufactured.
The treble response is sharply defined, and very nicely crisp and clear, it's not a raspy, screechy or jarring high range. Vocal and clarinet high notes, and synth lead-line melodies, etc., are rich and distinct.
Even turned right up to full volume, this speaker doesn't distort its sound reproduction and sounds very loud with two 10 drivers giving 20 watts of output overall.

Overall I am extremely impressed with this bluetooth speaker and will be using it outside in the garden as much as possible.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Aug 24, 2015 10:44 PM BST

Anker Bluetooth Selfie Stick with 20-Hour Battery Life for iPhone, Android and All Other Smartphones (Black)

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Star Selfie Stick, 12 July 2015
I have used a few selfie sticks in the past most of them have been very cheap and have always had problems with the bluetooth or remote not working
This Anker selfie stick however is the best quality Selfie stick I have seen, I have tested it with an iPhone 6 and Android HTC. It is lightweight and very easy to set up and use. The setup process is as simple as it gets with you only required to press the shutter button to activate the stick and then connect to it using your phone. When you open up your camera app it is all ready to take photos either in the selfie mode or in the normal camera mode. The clamp holds your phone really well so I don't need to worry that its going to fall out

The stick folds away which means it is very portable. I can take it anywhere with me on my trips because it fits conveniently into a bag without being too bulky.

The 4 month battery seems to me to be a very good choice and with a rechargeable battery you dont need to spend more money on expensive replaceable batteries in the future.

Overall great choice if you haven't got a selfie stick yet!
Comment Comment | Permalink

[Apple MFi Certified] [2-Pack] Anker®  3ft / 0.9m Premium Lightning to USB Cable with Ultra Compact Connector Head for iPhone, iPod and iPad (White)
[Apple MFi Certified] [2-Pack] Anker® 3ft / 0.9m Premium Lightning to USB Cable with Ultra Compact Connector Head for iPhone, iPod and iPad (White)

5.0 out of 5 stars Quality Lightning Cable, 12 Jan. 2015
These cables arrived in a small box, with each cable in a resealable packet which I thought was a nice touch.

These Anker cables are the exact same quality as the Apple iPhone cable and they are MFI certified which means they will always work fine without any error messages as tested on my iPhone 6. If anything the cable seems to be stronger than the official Apple one and at half the price you can't really go wrong.

Definitely recommend these Anker lightning cables.

Update:

I have also received the Anker Apple MFi Certified 6ft Nylon Braided Tangle-Free Lightening to USB cable from Anker in addition to the other lightning cable that I had previously received. Again I am thoroughly impressed with these cables, I have been using the last one every day to charge and sync my iPhone 6 through the pc and wall charger and have not had a single issue with it. It works the exact same as the Apple one. You dont have to worry that this cable is going to suddenly stop working like some other cheaper cables you can buy as this one is certified from Apple, so you know it will continue to work just like mine has. This Nylon braided cable is the same but seems to be even stronger and looks better with all the different colours you can get it in.

Overall, highly recommend this cable and would buy it even if it wasn't over half the price of the Apple one.

Anker® Premium Tempered Glass Screen Protector for iPhone 6 (4.7 inch) with 9H Hardness and 96% Transparency  [Lifetime Warranty]
Anker® Premium Tempered Glass Screen Protector for iPhone 6 (4.7 inch) with 9H Hardness and 96% Transparency [Lifetime Warranty]

5.0 out of 5 stars Great screen protector., 5 Dec. 2014
Great screen protector- very easy to fix to iPhone 6.
You should try to minimise the dust in the room as always however if any dust does get under the screen it doesn't seem to create an unsightly air bubble like many other screen protectors do.

Been using it for around a week now and it doesn't have any scratches on it unlike the iPhone screen itself. Maybe Apple should have borrowed the glass.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Keyboard case for iPad Air!, 3 Dec. 2013
I have used many products from Anker before and always found them to be very well made. This iPad case is no different with great packaging and instructions included inside the box.

This case aims to offer screen protection and a Bluetooth keyboard while remaining as light as possible. The plastic frame's design allows for easy installation, and does a reasonable job of protecting an iPad's edges without intruding into the bezels. The Inset cuts permit access to ports, buttons, and switches and these are all really easy to get to and use.

The case is closed by a magnetic clasp and it is really strong which means you do not have to worry about your iPad falling out into your bag when carrying it around. The keyboard is also excellent with the keys being well-spaced and reasonably large, making them about as easy to type on as any laptop.

The front of the case is a hard plastic that feels pretty solid. The keyboard is completely detachable as it is magnetic which is a very nice feature as its so easy to take it on and off. The battery on the keyboard also seems to last a very long time as I have only charged it once since using it.

The iPad positioning is also good as you can have it at any angle that you want.

Overall great product and I highly recommend for £30 as it is a lot cheaper than the competitors, which from what I can work out look to be very similar. 5/5

Anker® Bluetooth Keyboard Case with Detachable Keyboard and Stand for iPad mini
Anker® Bluetooth Keyboard Case with Detachable Keyboard and Stand for iPad mini

5.0 out of 5 stars Great quality product, Great design, Good value, 8 Aug. 2013
This keyboard/case is very good. It is very easy to pair and the synthetic leather is durable and looks good. The battery life working time is around 100 hours which is a long time and more than enough for a few weeks working. The keyboard connects as soon as you type in the bluetooth code. When working with the iPad Mini in the case the onscreen keyboard disappears which is great when the iPad Mini doesn't have much screen space. The keys have a good feel and the case is easy to put on and remove. The stand is also very usable and doesn't feel like it is going to fall down. It also has good viewing angles for typing. I was supplied a sample for test and evaluation.

Overall great product and great price, Anker products are always great quality. I would recommend for every iPad user. No negative sides, and the price is very low.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Best S4 Case!, 23 May 2013
The Anker gel case for Samsung Galaxy S4 is a very nice case that is ultra slim fit at only 0.9mm thick. It is made out of a soft flexible plastic material that fits perfectly onto the S4. It has cutouts for the camera button, the headphone jack, the microphones, the volume rocker and also the power button. This means you never have to take it off when in use. There is also a small anchor logo on the back. The case is a see-through white colour and still allows you to see the back of the S4. The case also has a slight lip on the front which protects the screen if you place it face down on the table.

For the price you will not find a better value case out there and it will provide your S4 with great protection without adding any extra bulk to the phone. If you pair this case with the Anker S4 screen protectors which I have, I don't think you can get much better protection and style. I was supplied a sample for evaluation and review.

Overall very high quality case and I highly recommend it

Anker® Screen Protector for Samsung Galaxy S4 [3-Pack] Xtreme Scratch Defender Crystal-Clear High-Response Premium with Lifetime Warranty

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing quality screen protectors, 17 May 2013
I received these screen protectors that come in a pack of 3. The packaging advertises anti-scratch, fingerprint reduction, dust reduction and also zero adhesive residue and I have to say in my experience of using the screen protectors that this is all true. You also get a bubble removal card and cleaning cloth something that other cheaper screen protectors miss out even though the price is fantastic.

I applied 1 to the Galaxy S4 and it fits perfectly, covering all the screen. Makes you feel much better about not scratching your phone! I was supplied a sample for test and evaluation, and I promised that my review is fair and honest.

Great product and highly recommend!

Anker USB 3.0 4-Port Hub with a Built-in 1ft USB 3.0 Cable for Laptops, Ultrabooks and Tablet PCs with USB Ports Backward Compatible with USB 2.0 & Support Windows 8/ 7/ Vista/ XP, Mac OS X 10.8.4

5.0 out of 5 stars Great quality product!, 12 May 2013
This USB 3.0 4 port Hub is a great little device. It's great quality and is packaged really nicely.
I have tested it on a windows 7 laptop and a macbook pro on mountain lion 10.8.3 and it works perfectly first time. No need to install any drivers or extra software on both laptops.

There are no problems with power on any devices as I connected a USB 500GB hardrive and didn't have a problem. I wasn't able to test the speed as the USB 3.0 was faster than the hard drive however USB 2 also works fine with this hub.

Overall I am really impressed with this USB hub and it's very useful to me as my laptop only has 2 USB ports. Its also great value for money and works just as well as more expensive models. I was supplied a sample for test and evaluation, and I promised that my review is fair and honest.

Highly recommended!!

Anker® 2600mAh Li-ion Battery for Samsung Galaxy S4, I9500, I9505, I9506 (Not for Galaxy S4 Active), with NFC/Google Wallet Compatibility [18-Month Warranty]

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellant replacement battery for Samsung S4!, 8 May 2013
I have only excellant words for Anker batteries after picking one up for my old HTC phone a year ago. This one for the Samsung S4 is no different. It still offers the same 2600 mAh power so you will still get good battery life from this battery. It feels very good quality and is the same size as the official Samsung one so it easily slides in and out of the phone. NFC also works as I was able to perform S-Beam functions with this battery like the official one.

You get the battery and an instruction manual which gives good tips on looking after the battery to extend its life. An 18 month warranty is also included which speaks volumes of the quality of Anker products. I have been using this battery for a couple days now and have had no problems. I can't say the battery life is better or worse but around the same which is perfect for my usage. If you want a longer battery life you could try an external battery.
Overall this battery is a good quality and cheaper alternative to the Official Samsung one.

Anker gave me this product in exchange for my honest feedback