Profile for Ms. S. J. Craddock > Reviews

Content by Ms. S. J. Craddock

Ms. S. J. Craddock "SammyJC" (Birmingham in Britain, UK)

New Moon: 2 (Twilight Saga)
New Moon: 2 (Twilight Saga)
by Stephenie Meyer

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic book, can;t wait for the next!!, 24 Jan 2008
I read Twilight and this book in a matter of three days because I found myself being drawn into the world of Bella, feeling the emotions she goes through and the desires she has for her lover Edward and her best friend Jacob. Although i love this book i can't help feeling that Stephenie Meyer allowed the reader to be caught up in the emotions and love that Jacob feels towards Bella and probably ruined the bonds that the reader developes for Edward. His absense during the book left an empty space in Bellas life and it also leaves an empty space in the book. Probably too much of an empty space. The passion becomes lost and although Bella comes round to thinking that maybe she should accept Jacobs feelings towards her and forget about Edward, it just doesn't pack the same punch as Twilight. Then all of a sudden Edward is thrust straight back into the lime light!! I can't help but feel sad for poor Jacob, he loves Bella and she dumps him when Edward returns. I found myself crying along with Bella. When she describes the feeling of her chest being ripped apart with the loss of Edward, as a woman i could relate to her feeling of utter loss. Stephenie Meyer really knows how to pack the emotional punches into a story aswell as the action sequences. I love this book as a whole and can't wait for the next one to be delivered. I'm ordering it straight away from Amazon!!
Comment Comments (9) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 31, 2009 4:37 PM GMT

Alias: Complete Third Season [DVD] [2002] [Region 1] [US Import] [NTSC]
Alias: Complete Third Season [DVD] [2002] [Region 1] [US Import] [NTSC]
Dvd ~ Jennifer Garner

4.0 out of 5 stars Alias Season 3 WOW!!, 3 Oct 2004
I have seen now all three seasons of Alias and each season gets better and better. Season three for me was enjoyable because as a fan, i found the storylines really grabbed me and kept me glued to the screen. The twists and turns that the storyline take are brilliant and well written. However, I did feel that Sydney lacked an opposing female role to bat all that female agression on. You never really get to see her kick anyone's ass in this season (except of course the short episode where Alison - double for Francie - has a fight with Sydney). I felt this episode lacked the more private side of Sydney's life and you lost the conection with her everyday life. All in all though i really enjoy this programme and can't wait for season 4 to air in the UK.