Profile for Clarke > Reviews

Yale Locks HSA6060 Alarm Accessory - Remote Keyfob
Yale Locks HSA6060 Alarm Accessory - Remote Keyfob
Offered by DJM Direct

5.0 out of 5 stars Don't get fobbed off, 10 Oct. 2014
Easy to add to the system and adds flexibility

Silverline Silverstorm 263570 Electric Breaker 1500W
Silverline Silverstorm 263570 Electric Breaker 1500W

5.0 out of 5 stars Just the job, 27 Jun. 2014
Only used once so far but easily demolished a concrete floor slab in my garage. Very heavy and seems a quality tool.

Oregon Yukon Chainsaw Safety Helmet Combination 562412 Orange Vented
Oregon Yukon Chainsaw Safety Helmet Combination 562412 Orange Vented
Offered by yategm

5.0 out of 5 stars Good value for money, 18 April 2014
For the time I will be using the helmet it fully meets my requirements. Ear defenders keep the noise out and fit tightly. Visor light and prevents chippings catching you out.
The instructions were very poor and could have provided more information on how the helmet and accessories were assembled, more pictures would have been handy.

Yale wirefree Premium Alarm Kit HSA6400
Yale wirefree Premium Alarm Kit HSA6400
Offered by DJM Direct

5.0 out of 5 stars Plan ahead, 3 Mar. 2012
Plan ahead, read the booklet and watch the DVD. When setting up the system on the table ensure you check that the devices work at the location where the device is going to be fitted.Ensure you understand what you are going to use each device and where and label, handy for when entering the info into the control unit.
I can only concur with another reviewer that when mounting the siren up high that a template of the fixings holes would be useful and that with the door contacts one of the fixing screws can catch the battery preventing closing the cover. I also found that where I fixed the door contacts I had problems ensuring the door contact and magnet lined up because of the type of door, I had to resort to packing pieces on one door. The control unit fixing bracket is a naff design but once in postion is a bit wobbly. All in all with a bit of good planning and understanding the product easy to install.

No Title Available

1.0 out of 5 stars Warm but not dry, 7 Jan. 2011
I bought my ultra gloves after climbing Scaffell Pike in 2009 wearing ordinary woollen gloves getting my hands very wet and cold, a lesson quickly learnt! My first encounter wearing the ultras in wet/cold conditions was defrosting the freezer and the glove I was wearing ended soaking wet. Prior to that wearing them on cold damp days I found them very good and comfortable.
I have just returned from a hours walk in torrential rain and as I walked the gloves were very warm but gradually my hands got wetter and wetter.I think the water ran off the sleeves of my Berghaus and was soaked up by the gloves.After getting home I have written by email to Sealskinz to get feedback on the problem with this product. I reviewed the gloves on the web hence getting to this forum and can only concur with people who have given the product a poor score.The gloves look good,light, fit well,keep you warm in cold conditions but are not waterproof therefore not fit for purpose.If Sealskinz do not come back with a positive response they could turn out to be a very costly mistake on my behalf and I will have to try and find another 100% waterproof glove which is actually 100% waterproof. If any other readers have found a totally waterproof glove please let me know but not Sealskinz!.
Further to my initial post I have sent the gloves back to Sealskinz even though they are outside guarantee period.
After no response from their returns department I called them today to get an update. Advised that they hadn't responded to my email as they were very busy (must be all the people returning faulty gloves!)but were going to replace mine as they had found them faulty seams around the finger joints. Only problem out of stock until March so by the time I get the replacement pair the summer will nearly be here and I won't need them.
Received replacement gloves 25 Feb and decided to test them out. Right glove immersed in water for several seconds and made sure cuff didn't get wet, hand stayed dry. Immersed left hand getting some of the cuff wet on the outside leaked like a sieve and inside of cuff got wet. Left to dry for an hour and by this time all the fingers of the left hand glove were wet on the inside.
Basically back to square one and have fired another email off to Customer Services at Sealskinz. Can't fault them on the service provided it's a pity they can't get a product to match!