Profile for alex kensit > Reviews

Content by alex kensit

alex kensit

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
Apple iPad Mini 2 with retina display 7.9-Inch(Space Grey) - (ARM 1.3 GHz, 1 GB RAM, 16 GB,Wi-Fi, iOS)

5.0 out of 5 stars Best "budget" tablet, 18 April 2016
Honestly, don't be fooled by the specs and the fact that its a 2013 tablet. This thing is a BEAST. For the price of £219 (got it from Argos) its simply amazing value for money. This makes my Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 8.0, also from the same year, look and feel cheap and ugly. Yet when it was released, it was more expensive than this. I love this to bits. If you have a laptop, this can easily replace it. Heck, I have a custom built Core i5 "gaming" PC which I used every day, and the only time I use this is to do heavy duty tasks like video and photo editing as well as playing Train Sim (yes I know) and thats it. iPads are the best tablets out there, and far more reliable than Samsung or some other equivelant. THIS IS ONE OF THE BEST TABLETS YOU CAN BUY. The screen is beautiful, and it is the only tablet I am comfortable with typing on. The screen may sound small ay 7.9 inches, but because its a 4:3 aspect ratio, its nice and wide and feels like a 9.7 inch tablet. iOS works beautifully on tablets. Don't even consider something similar like an Asus Zenpad S 8.0, or Tab S2 8.0, this will be superior. And don't get the Mini 3 either, because the only difference is Touch ID, which isn't even that good. So get this. You WILL NOT REGRET IT.

Motorola Moto G 3rd Generation SIM-Free Smartphone 2 GB RAM/16 GB ROM (Amazon Exclusive)
Offered by CAJ Accessories

5.0 out of 5 stars Why buy an iPhone when you can buy this?, 15 April 2016
Why spend over £500 just to get a smartphone? This can do everything a Samsung or Apple equivalent can do. I've come from a Nokia Lumia 635 and wow what a world of difference. The screen quality is only 720p on the Moto G but for someone who's been staring at 480p sub 5 inch screens for the last 2 years, its stunning. This can genuinely replace your tablet. Only had it a few days and I'm loving it. I love the back grippy texture. Battery life is very good. With heavy usage, I managed to make it through the day from 90% to 52%., That included downloading and installing apps, surfing the web, playing games like Color Switch, Minecraft, and Asphalt 8, taking a picture or two, and making a phone call as well as texting. Why buy an iPhone when you can buy this? If you are deep in the Google ecosystem, this is a must. If you're coming from an iPhone, it will take some getting used to. Best phone I've ever used.

Nokia Lumia 635 4G UK SIM-Free Smartphone - Orange (Windows, 4.5-inch, 8 GB Internal Memory, 1 GB RAM)
Offered by MACnificent

4.0 out of 5 stars Good phone. Bad OS., 29 Mar. 2016
Does the job very well. Didn't buy from Amazon, and unlike the title says, this does NOT have 1GB RAM, instead 512MB. Windows Phone runs fine on low end hardware like this. The screen is not that great, but its okay. The phone itself is good. But Windows Phone 8.1, the OS, is just....bad.The lack of apps is the flaw of Windows Phone. Heck, even Instagram and Google Search are not official apps. Can be sluggish at times too, with app refreshes. Battery is very good. My only complaint with the phone itself is the lack of a selfie cam, and rear flash. Oh well, its a ninety quid phone, what were you expecting? I would like to credit this phone for how durable it is, dropped several times with no damage...good old Nokia! The audio is very loud too.

If you are looking for an alternative, I recommend the Moto E, as it is even cheaper at £70, and has a front facing camera, and Android, which has WAY more apps.

Its a good phone for a kid's first phone, but not an elderly person, as the screen is not very good. I am replacing this phone though, because of the lack of apps. See my review here [...]

Conclusion: Good phone, bad software

Samsung Galaxy S3 Mini i8200 UK SIM-Free Smartphone - Blue
Samsung Galaxy S3 Mini i8200 UK SIM-Free Smartphone - Blue

2.0 out of 5 stars Good if it actually worked...., 27 Feb. 2016
I got this phone because I loved the looks of it and its screen. Had to return it after it would keep turning off randomly and the battery would not hold a charge, even after replacing the battery. This is a problem with this 2012-2013 generation of Galaxy S3 based devices, as my Galaxy Tab 3 8.0, also from the same era, has the same problems.

On the plus side, I did not expect this to ship with Android 4.2, and it did, which was a bonus for me. That's the only good thing I have to say about it.

Microsoft Lumia 435 UK SIM-Free Smartphone - Black (Windows)
Microsoft Lumia 435 UK SIM-Free Smartphone - Black (Windows)
Offered by eZee Trade

1.0 out of 5 stars Pretty crappy phone., 27 Feb. 2016
So I don't actually own this, but my younger brother does. He loves it, although it is a piece of junk. Heck, its almost as thick as a Nokia brick. It has a sh**** 2 megapixel camera, I mean wow. At least it does have a front facing 0.3 megapixel camera. I would be ashamed to own this phone, and I think Microsoft should remove their name from this device as it is tarnishing their brand name and is a disgrace to the phone race. If you are a kid who is getting their first phone (like my brother, this is what then phone is really designed for), prepare for some insults at school when everyone laughs at you because you have a crappy phone. Everyone in my brother's class has iPhones, except a few people, one of whom as the Microsoft Lumia 535 (much better phone for just a little bit more), and they all laugh at him because of how cheap the phone is and that it is junk. I'm not insulting anyone who may buy this, but there are better options. if you have a budget like this, I think you should invest in something like a used iPhone 4 or used Galaxy S4, as they are superior phones. Just puttin' it out there.

EDIT: He has the green version, in case you were interested.
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Apr 19, 2016 10:51 AM BST

AOC I2269VWM 21.5 inch VGA/HDMI x 2 IPS Monitor - Black
AOC I2269VWM 21.5 inch VGA/HDMI x 2 IPS Monitor - Black

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful budget display, 12 Feb. 2016
This is the best 1080p monitor I have ever used. It looks clean, has very thin bezels, is IPS, has many many display inputs/outputs and for the price you can't beat it. My only complaint is that there were literally no instructions. Would rather they scrapped the driver disc (you don't need it) and just put an instruction booklet.

Intel i5 4460 Quad Core Processor (3.2GHz, 6MB Cache) (Previous model)
Intel i5 4460 Quad Core Processor (3.2GHz, 6MB Cache) (Previous model)
Offered by Ecom-Tech

4.0 out of 5 stars Amazing chip for the money, 4 Feb. 2016
By far the best bang for buck i5 on the Haswell platform. It was by far my best descion to move over from an AM3+ FX system to a modern Haswell Z97 system. Everything is so much faster compared to the FX6300, the main difference being the boot time, which saw a 15 second decrease!

This works beautifully when paired with a decent Z97 board, like my Gigabyte Z97 D3H (amazing motherboard by the way). The only thing that doesn't get it 5 stars is the fact it lags when switching from a game to another app, where my FX6300 could easily cope with this, probably because of the two extra cores.

Apart from this, this is by far the best chip in its price range and I can't recommend it enough for a gamer or even some video editing.

Gigabyte Z97-D3H Intel LGA1150 Z97 ATX Motherboard (4x DDR3, 4x USB3.0, 10x USB2.0, GBE, LAN, HDMI, DVI-I, DSUB) Rev 1.2
Offered by ADMI Limited UK

5.0 out of 5 stars Best bang for buck Z97 board, 3 Feb. 2016
I bought this to use with a Core i5 4460. This so far has worked flawlessly. It comes loaded with features you'd expect on boards far more expensive, like M.2, 4 USB 3.0, RAM support up to 32GB, full size ATX, and good heatsinks, as well as excellent audio. The BIOS is superior to any other boards, although I find the normal mode a little hard to access all the features, so I use Classic Mode. I'm more used to the old school AMI Award BIOS anyway. The main drawback for this board, is not the board itself, but the poor English in the instructions and the terrible driver disc. Its confusing, and having my last board being an ASUS, the drivers were much better. Did I forget to mention this board looks awesome? It has LEDs for the audio, and while its gold heatsinks may not be to everyone's taste, they almost compliment my blue RAM and LEDs. I'd buy this over the ASUS Z97P any day. This board is packed with features, at a very affordable price, while not skimping on quality.

Speedlink SL-8702-SBK Pure Desktop Voice Microphone - Black
Speedlink SL-8702-SBK Pure Desktop Voice Microphone - Black
Offered by Rapid Warehouse

3.0 out of 5 stars Crappy mic, 13 Jan. 2016
Really bad microphone. Oh well, I guess you get what you pay for.

AMD FX6300 Black Edition 6 Core (3.5/4.1GHz, 8MB Level 3 Cache, 6MB Level 2 Cache, Socket AM3+, 95W, Retail Boxed)
Offered by OnlineSavings

4.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant chip, if only it came with a better cooler, 13 Jan. 2016
I bought this chip for some light gaming and general use. Its brilliant. But I will be returning it. Why? Because it simply gets too hot. Up to almost 70 degrees. Whether I got a bad chip or motherboard, or if its just normal, its simply too hot.

The stock cooler is quite frankly, junk. Only just about good enough for light gaming. In short, I'd recommend this chip, but as long as you have decent cooling, and a decent motherboard. I used a 760g board, and I'm not sure if that makes any difference to my problem. 970 or 990F with 8+2 power phase is best for this CPU.

Can't say how it performs in games like GTA 5 or video editing, as I don't play these demanding games or edit video. Otherwise, this is a brilliant chip.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 29, 2016 4:31 PM BST

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4