Profile for Ms. R. T. Mountney > Reviews

Ms. R. T. Mountney (uk)

Mrs Sinclair's Suitcase
Mrs Sinclair's Suitcase
by Louise Walters

5.0 out of 5 stars Great story - such an original change from he norm, 8 Oct 2014
Such a complex and fascinating read, so well written. Says she jealously! Great story - such an original change from he norm.

Della says: OMG!
Della says: OMG!
by Keris Stainton

5.0 out of 5 stars such understanding and empathy, 18 Dec 2012
This review is from: Della says: OMG! (Paperback)
A super read. The author shows such understanding and empathy for teen angst and carries us through it with a storyline close to every girl's heart and a page turning plot. So many girls will love this book.

Will Blyton and the Stinking Shadow: The Alternative Detective
Will Blyton and the Stinking Shadow: The Alternative Detective
by Michelle Barber

5.0 out of 5 stars Such an unusual and exciting adventure, 29 Oct 2012
I love reading good children's/young adult books - but they're hard to come by! I've read this on Kindle and the paperback now, it was so good! So refreshing to read something different, unpredictable and exciting - you can never tell what's going to happen next. A story like I've never read before full of intrigue, humour, history and cracking good characters. Such a wonderful change from the mass of dross out there that poses as children's literature. Highly recommended.

FARHOLM
FARHOLM

4.0 out of 5 stars Such a great story!, 25 Jun 2012
This review is from: FARHOLM (Kindle Edition)
This was such a good story. I don't get to read many novels and often give up on them because they are so predictable. But this was far from that and sucked me into the intriguing plot and delivered with unexpected twists and turns that kept me reading till the end. So refreshing.

Will Blyton and The Stinking Shadow (Will Blyton - The Alternative Detective Book 1)

5.0 out of 5 stars So refreshing - totally unpredictable!, 21 Mar 2012
A great paced story, full of action and intrigue and best of all one that you could never have guessed at! There's time travel and weird creatures, bullying and cowardice, friendship and loyalty, all rolled into the adventure of an everyday lad. It contains quirky humour, characters you can identify with, and a plot that leaves you wondering right to the end. A most unusual book. So great to read something so fresh and unpredictable. Just what young readers need.

The Moneyless Man: A Year of Freeconomic Living
The Moneyless Man: A Year of Freeconomic Living
by Mark Boyle

5.0 out of 5 stars A man to respect..., 22 Feb 2012
What a thought provoking journey. Mark believes that it is our use of money and our greed that is the real cause of damage to the earth so he sets out to live without it for a year to bring attention to other ways of living our lives that are less wasteful and more focussed on caring and community. I applaud Mark's project and his courage for sticking by what he believes is right. A book to make you feel both humbled and inspired. Definitely one that will change the way you behave.

No Impact Man: Saving the planet one family at a time
No Impact Man: Saving the planet one family at a time
by Colin Beavan

5.0 out of 5 stars entertaining and thought provoking, 19 Jan 2012
Loved this book. It's not only an entertaining and fascinating story of a man's struggle to do something better for the planet, but it provokes you to look at and make changes to the way you lead your own life. It raises questions about what we value, what's important in life, and encourages mindfulness about the decisions we make. Should be compulsory reading really! Because we can all make a difference to the future of the planet and indeed should be taking even small steps to do so.

The Film Club: No School. No Work ... Just Three Films a Week
The Film Club: No School. No Work ... Just Three Films a Week
by David Gilmour

5.0 out of 5 stars The Film Club by David Gilmour, 12 Sep 2011
I loved this book! Not only a story about a radical way to home educate an older child, which being a home educator myself brought me to it, but more a heart warming insight into the angst we all face during our children's teen years. Interesting take of what is educative too! Beautifully written and being a writer too it's not often I say that!

LEGO Belville 5862: Flower Fairy Party
LEGO Belville 5862: Flower Fairy Party

5.0 out of 5 stars I would like you do stock this item., 25 Sep 2008
Hi, I would really like you do stock this item because i can't find it any where els.

My little girl is really in to belville and would like this set for her birthday.