Profile for Ms S. A. Newton > Reviews

50 Fat Balls For Wild Birds
Offered by Pet Supplies Uk
Price: 9.80

5.0 out of 5 stars A real "tweet" for the birds, 19 April 2013
Bought these fat balls instead of the Alan Titchmarsh ones as were cheaper but was a bit concerned as they had a "smell" and it took the birds a while to start feeding. But, all's well, and they are disappearing just as fast as the others. A tip while I'm on here - when filling up the tall seed containers I find the seed makes a real mess when it falls out of the feeding holes and goes everywhere, so I cover them with masking tape, or any type of sticky paper, and you will find it can be re-used for the next re-filling sessions.

Dri-Pak Citric Acid 250G
Dri-Pak Citric Acid 250G
Offered by HGP Direct
Price: 4.14

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect kettle de-scaler, 19 April 2013
Was very pleased to be able to purchase this product on-line as impossible to buy anywhere, although I used to be able
to buy it in Boots. I've no idea why there should be a problem. I use it to descale my kettle as I live in a very hard water area and it needs doing regularly. Although it says to use a third of the packet, I just use a heaped tablespoonful, which is quite adequate for purpose and it is very reasonably priced. Recommended. Thank you Amazon!

Donut-Style Fatball Holder with Lid for Wild Birds from Melian
Donut-Style Fatball Holder with Lid for Wild Birds from Melian

5.0 out of 5 stars Fat balls - fat birds - they love them!, 16 Mar 2013
The birds love it! TOO much in fact - I fill it with the Alan Titchmarsh fat balls and 9 of them can fit in the feeder. These are gone within a week so, along with all the bird food I buy, I've discovered it's an expensive "hobby"! But, I've started so feel I have to continue and it's worth it to see all the different varieties of birds that now flock into my garden - news has spread fast!

Eb Hk High-Tech Magic Dust Cleaner Compound Super Clean Slimy Gel For Phone Laptop Pc Computer Keyboard Mc-1
Offered by TOPCITY
Price: 1.02

3.0 out of 5 stars Too slimy and messy, 6 Mar 2013
I saw a product similar to this advertised for 8 and it seemed such a good idea I looked on Amazon to see if it was available cheaper, and it was, hence I ordered it. Well, I am not impressed at all! It is extremely soft and slimy (which, to be fair, is what it "says on the tin"!) and I had to scrape it out of the plastic bag it came in and also bits of it stuck between the keyboard keys on my computer, which was really annoying. But, for the reasonable price, and if you don't mind the problems I have noted, then I suppose it's OK. It seems to pick up bits of crumb etc, but then anything sticky would do the same. I wouldn't recommend.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars A very classy addition for your i-phone 5 - beautiful!, 11 Feb 2013
This case is absolutely beautiful and very classy! My daughter loves it - and she's extremely fussy! She's changed phones so needed a larger case and I had got her this colour red before (from a different company with a different design) but this year I thought I'd get the Capri Blue but, although on website it says you can change the colour once you'd gone through to pay, there didn't appear to be an option to change it (but perhaps that was just me being thick!). Anyway, she uses it all the time, despite having several other types of case available to use. I can't imagine any girl with an i-phone 5 not loving to have this beautiful case to show off!

The Ultimate English Hand Broken Caramel Fudge with Sea Salt 300 g (Pack of 2)
The Ultimate English Hand Broken Caramel Fudge with Sea Salt 300 g (Pack of 2)

5.0 out of 5 stars If you love fudge, you will LOVE this!, 11 Feb 2013
This fudge is absolutely DELICIOUS! The very slight salty taste really adds to the flavour. The only problem, once I start eating, I can't stop - not good for the waistline (or the purse - but well worth the cost). If you love fudge you will love this, especially if you prefer it "crispy" rather than soft and chewy, like caramel. Highly recommended!

Austrian Crystal Made with Swarovski Elements earrings/stud/drop For Women
Austrian Crystal Made with Swarovski Elements earrings/stud/drop For Women
Offered by DeerLake E-Commerce
Price: 27.00

4.0 out of 5 stars Really gorgeous earrings, 11 Feb 2013
These earrings are really, really lovely but I was disappointed that they weren't silver, considering they were 10 (AND supposedly reduced from 50!) and would have liked them to have been silver as they were a birthday present for a friend (didn't want her thinking they were cheap tat!) and there was nothing on the plain box to say they were "Austrian crystal made with Swarovski elements..." which would have redeemed the fact they weren't silver - the reason I give only 4 stars. Otherwise, looks wise, absolutely gorgeous.

Crocs Unisex-Adult Baya Lined Navy/Bijou Blue Back Strap Sandal 11692-42T-192 8 UK
Price: 30.51

5.0 out of 5 stars PERFECT FIT AND COMFORT, 16 Jan 2013
Wish I'd ordered these a long time ago! I've ruined so many pairs of slippers walking out into my
garden in all weathers and now I keep these by the door. They are so easy to slip on and very comfortable.
I take a size 8 and was worried they might be too small as other reviewers said a larger size would be needed
but these fit perfectly. I would wear them EVERYWHERE if they didn't look so ungainly (at least a size 8 does!),
I thoroughly recommend these. Thank you Amazon for speedy delivery - as usual.

Koolpak Reusable Luxury Hot and Cold Pack 12cm x 29cm
Koolpak Reusable Luxury Hot and Cold Pack 12cm x 29cm
Offered by Nightingale Nursing Supplies
Price: 2.10

5.0 out of 5 stars RELIEF FROM ITCHING, 1 Nov 2012
I bought this item because I suffer from extremely itchy arms and shoulders during the night and I found that putting a cold flannel on them really helped, but it was a nuisance having to get up to run the flannel under cold water. Now I don't have to do that and the REALLY good thing about the Hot and Cold Pack is that I don't even have to bother putting it in the fridge/freezer - it is cold enough as it is (!) and I just keep it on the bed beside me incase I need it. To anyone else who has this problem (and I have found out it is quite common, with most creams not being any use whatsoever, and doctors don't really know how to treat it) I would recommend buying it. After about 5 minutes of use the itching dies down (I much prefer a cold arm to an itchy one!) AND my sincere sympathies to anyone reading this who has the same problem as it's awful to put up with when you are trying desperately to get to sleep. And thank you Amazon for your speedy delivery!

Vax U91-MA-B Air Multicyclonic Upright Bagless Vacuum Cleaner
Vax U91-MA-B Air Multicyclonic Upright Bagless Vacuum Cleaner
Offered by Capital Stores
Price: 105.85

5.0 out of 5 stars HOOVERING IS A PLEASURE NOW!, 1 Nov 2012
This little cleaner is WONDERFUL! I had a Dyson that kept cutting out after only three minutes which meant having to hoover up very quickly, which was extremely annoying. My daughter LOVES using it (she has THE cleanest bedroom carpet) which means one less job for me! My only tiny quibbles are that it is a bit heavier than I expected (after reading a review that said a 6-year old could pick it up easily - NOT true!) and some of the dirt/fluff collected sticks to the inside of the bin, which means having to manually remove it rather than just tip it out, but that's a minor problem. I thoroughly recommend this VAX hoover. It was also delivered in 2 days! Thank you once again Amazon for your brilliant service.

Page: 1 | 2