Profile for The Scribe > Reviews

Content by The Scribe

The Scribe (Shropshire UK)

Page: 1 | 2
Casio AW-80V-3BVEF Mens Combi Cloth Strap Watch
Casio AW-80V-3BVEF Mens Combi Cloth Strap Watch
Offered by GMT Classics

5.0 out of 5 stars A reliable timepiece., 26 Aug 2014
Quite happy with this watch. Although it doesn't have a sweep second hand the digital displays gives hours minutes and seconds so no problem. The stopwatch, countdown timer and three alarms are easy to understand and are easily set. I can safely recommend this watch - although I don't know how long the elasticated loop will last that holds the end of the velcro strap. OK so far after about a month of daily wear, removing it every day.

UKULELE TENOR CASE HARD FOAM POD GIG BAG BY CLEARWATER - BARGAIN
UKULELE TENOR CASE HARD FOAM POD GIG BAG BY CLEARWATER - BARGAIN
Offered by Really Useful Music Company (RUMC)

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent case, 23 Jun 2014
This is my second purchase of this case. Bought for a friend as I am so pleased with mine. Very handy zipped storage area on the top of the case. Very will padded and takes my Tenor Uke comfortably. I can highly recommend this case.

Balaclava Mens Womens Beanie Hat Bike Fishing Snood Neck Gator Balaclava O/S BLACK

5.0 out of 5 stars Comfy and Warm, 26 Mar 2014
Does the job nicely. Fits well and can be worn clear of your nose & mouth so it doesn't get soaking with your breath. (or mine!)

TOM Top Laminated Koa Tenor Ukulele Hawaii Guitar 26" Professional Performance
TOM Top Laminated Koa Tenor Ukulele Hawaii Guitar 26" Professional Performance
Offered by lotmusic_sz

5.0 out of 5 stars Well made - Bright Sound - Low geared precise tuning right up the fingerboard., 26 Mar 2014
This item arrived a couple of hours ago. It has Aquilla Strings fitted and I reckon it was tuned in the workshop because it only needed a bit of a tweak and it was in tune.(GCEA) I expect to tune it frequently over the next few days owing to lots of playing but my experience with Aquilla strings tells me that when it has settled it will hold its tuning very well. I like the matt finish and the general appearance is very good. Excellent value. The strings are set about 2mm from the fingerboard on the first fret which is a plus and makes playing comfortable and there is no buzzing. I have no problem with "D" as the fingerboard is 37mm wide where "D" is. The frets are very accurate and I get "Green" on the tuner all the way up to the next octave.There looks to be a good half inch of wood inside at the tail end so it will take a strap button without any problem. I am very happy with the Uke which completes my family of Soprano, Concert, Tenor and Baritone. I am the leader of a Ukulele Band in Shropshire UK. I recommend this instrument.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Couldn't be better!, 14 Mar 2014
This item arrived with three days of placing my order. It is exactly as described, the cut-outs for the camera and buttons are perfect and the quality is far better than I expected. The phone sits in a plastic housing within the outercase. I am delighted with my purchase. The case has a magnetic fastener and works very well. Also in the packet was a stylus and a screen protector.

Garmin nuvi 2597LMT 5" Sat Nav with UK and Full Europe Maps, Free Lifetime Map Updates, Free Lifetime Traffic Alerts and Bluetooth

1.0 out of 5 stars One star because you can't give none., 26 Feb 2014
I have had this item for a few days and tried it out for the first time yesterday. It often told me to turn into a road just a few yards after I had passed the road, and completely missed out traffic islands. I was told to take the wrong exit on the M6 Tollroad. Fortunately I knew exactly where I was going on the Tollroad, but the road I went past was in an unknown area and it was miles before I could turn around. Very disappointed with this purchase and am trying to find out if I can return it.

Veho VCC-100-XL MUVI X-Lapse 360 Degree Photography and Timelapse Accessory for iPhone/Action Cameras/Time Lapse Cameras - Black

1.0 out of 5 stars Don't be fooled., 26 Feb 2014
This product will allow you to take a panorama picture of 360 degrees - if you have the time to stand with it for an hour whilst it goes round - or you could leave your camera on a hilltop and pop back in an hour and collect it. I thought it would move rather quicker but it is really a clockwork kitchen timer which revolves as it is winding down. Thank goodness Amazon allow you to return it free of charge. You just download a label they email to you, stick it on the box and pop it down to the post office. Simple.

Garmin Universal Friction Mount for 700/600/300/200 series
Garmin Universal Friction Mount for 700/600/300/200 series
Offered by Best Digital Market

5.0 out of 5 stars Stays Put!, 26 Feb 2014
Obviously leaves no tell-tale ring on your windscreen - this can be placed anywhere on the dashboard. Just be sure that you haven't put it on an airbag area which could be dangerous. On a seventy mile journey of motorways and winding country lanes it didn't move a millimetre. Very happy with the product.

Lenovo G500 15.6-inch Laptop - Black (Intel Pentium 2020M 2.4GHz Processor, 4GB RAM, 500GB HDD, DVDRW, LAN, WLAN, BT, Webcam, Integrated Graphics, Windows 8 Home Premium)

5.0 out of 5 stars Better than I expected, 26 Feb 2014
I took a chance on this laptop being suitable for me - especially as someone in a review had remarked on the keyboard being 'spongy'. I really like the keyboard and I especially like the way the keys go down slightly when you press them making every key press positive. As to the computer - it is very fast and responsive. I have also got a fairly expensive HP laptop which has always been sluggish with regular freezing and often got switched off in frustration leaving me to complete my task on a desktop. Now, if I had bought this Lenovo first I would have saved a load of money and got a machine that has given me almost as much delight as the HP gave me grief! Go ahead and buy this laptop with confidence. Definitely "fit for purpose".

'J' for Johnnie: An RAF Bomber Command Pilot's Experiences Flying Wellington & Mosquito Aircraft with 150 & 692 Squadrons During World War II
by John Trotman

5.0 out of 5 stars 'J' For Johnnie: An RAF Bomber Command Pilot's Experience etc, 24 Sep 2013
This review was dictated by my Father-In-Law, W. G. (Dick) Dawson who flew as Wireless Op in Wellingtons and Lancasters with Bomber Command.

"This book is well written with no embellishment, no 'padding' and no repetition. A nice easy read that is quite informative for readers with little or no knowledge of RAF procedures. Everything is clearly and interestingly explained.

Having successfully completed 70 Ops the author fully deserved his decorations and it is comforting to know that they are now back in his possession.
I thoroughly enjoyed reading his book."

'Dick' Dawson - Bramcote - Nottingham