Profile for Amazon Customer > Reviews

Content by Amazon Customer

Amazon Customer "AckAck" (UK)

Call of Duty: Black Ops Declassified (PlayStation Vita)
Call of Duty: Black Ops Declassified (PlayStation Vita)
Offered by Gameseek

1.0 out of 5 stars Hour long campaign, Online barely works., 23 Nov 2012
= Fun:1.0 out of 5 stars
This game was intended to feed the coffers of Activision. It feels that NO effort has been made on this game.
The problems I have encountered are;
Constant crashing,
Telling me I'm not online constantly during SP
God awful AI
Constantly getting dropped online
Hour long campaign...really!

I managed to sell this to a gullible work colleague who is now trying to tell me it is not as bad as I said, despite him him getting angry after he got kicked from MP for the 9th time in an hour.
I do enjoy the COD series in small bursts but this game is just terrible, and at £37 when I bought it I expect something half decent. PLEASE for the love of all things small and furry DO NOT BUY as they will just keep making rubbish tacked on Vita games while the COD franchise lives.

iphone 3GS/4 4S headphone Handsfree Adapter Converter Mic UK
iphone 3GS/4 4S headphone Handsfree Adapter Converter Mic UK

5.0 out of 5 stars Used on HTC HD2, 12 Oct 2010
I had a problem (which is a universal fault) with my HD2, where if I used normal headphones with the 2 bands on the jack it would randomly call the last person I called or generally go a bit mental.
This little gadget enables me to still use my headphones without the annoying problem so in that respect it is perfect for me.

LG 42LD450 42-inch Widescreen Full HD 1080p LCD TV with  Freeview (discontinued by manufacturer)

5.0 out of 5 stars A very competitive LCD., 12 Oct 2010
Bought this to replace an ageing 32" Sony LCD and despite me paying more for the Sony originally the LG does not disappoint.
Picture quality is faultless.
Remote is very ergonomic and I got used to the buttons in a few days.
Paired with a Virgin HD box the HD channels look a lot better than my old Sony.
Sound is ample when I'm just zoning out to TV but it does need a slight boost via a surround amp.
PS3 just looks stunningly good, super smooth and lush.
I paid £405 and I am going to get another at the end of the year just for the PS3.
I haven't used the freeview as I have Virgin HD so can't comment on that.
The economy settings are handy when your falling asleep late at night, just max it out and the screen dims nicely.
OSD is well laid out and not too confusing, with a vast array of picture fine tuning options.
All in all a very good performer and after 3 months I can honestly say I would not change a thing about it. LG have excelled themselves with this TV and I would not hesitate buying another LG product in the future.

Borderlands (PS3)
Borderlands (PS3)
Offered by Quality Media Supplies Ltd.

2.0 out of 5 stars Eye gougingly bad!, 4 Dec 2009
= Fun:2.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Borderlands (PS3) (Video Game)
Had this game since launch and have been playing sporadically, this could have been a good game, a very good game if it wasn't for the cardboard looking graphics and repetitive gameplay.
Enemies are constantly respawning, which is OK if you want to level quickly but for me it detracts from the gameplay having to fight the same enemies 60,000 times just to walk to a car spawn point.

The graphics are hideous, people go on about the cell shader but this is a game from the people who brought us bioshock and you would never know. The scenery can take an age to load, I would say it is like pop up but it is too slow to describe it as a pop, more like a fade up. Also slow down is a problem when faced with multiple enemies.

If you love Fallout3 then you will hate this, as 2K have demonstrated how NOT to make an RPG.
Save your money and just play through Fallout3 again as Borderlands is eye gougingly bad, and far to repetitive to warrant paying for it. Rental is a must.
Comment Comments (4) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Apr 30, 2010 8:08 AM BST

Call Of Juarez: Bound In Blood (PS3)
Call Of Juarez: Bound In Blood (PS3)
Offered by Crunchbusters

4.0 out of 5 stars Good looking western., 5 July 2009
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
Call of Juarez is a little gem. Graphically it is very good, I sometimes find myself looking around at the scenery, there are a few tears but considering the draw view it is very polished. Controls are different but not impossible to master after an hour or so, you will soon be shooting from the hip. The controls feel similar to Resi 5 at first with the exception that you can run 'n' gun.

The story is very good, and you do start to sympathise with the characters. You can play as Ray or Thomas in most chapters as each character has their own skill or trait. However if you like collecting trophies then you will have to play this at least twice which is not a bad thing, as the characters take different routes so it won't be the same on your 2nd walk through. Voice acting sounds quite authentic and not too clichéd.

The game does start off slow as your fighting in the middle of the American civil war but I'm guessing it is to get you used to the combat controls. The game really picks up when the civil war is over and you start to get engrossed in the story, and soon becomes very hard to put down as you (well I did)will want to know how the story pans out.

The checkpoints as another reviewer has pointed out is a bit cumbersome and does pause the game momentarily, however as this game was made for 3 formats one can only presume that the autosave is very similar to that on a PC, but it really doesn't detract from the gameplay.

The side quests are a nice touch, adding a bit of variety and the chance to earn some much needed cash. Cash we can be spent buying new and better weapons. Also the horse riding elements is pretty good and quite easy to control and shoot at the same time. There is lots to do on single player, and even more on multiplayer, and after couple of hours I had no problems to report. Another good feature is that any kills or money picked up gets added to your single player and trophy stats, again this will please the trophy hunters.

I gave this game 5 stars for fun and 4 for overall. If you like FPS and ye olde style guns then you will love this. Call of Juarez is the benchmark for good old story telling in the wild west.

Microsoft Multimedia Keyboard
Microsoft Multimedia Keyboard

5.0 out of 5 stars Microsoft multimedia keyboard, 17 Jan 2004
I've owned this keyboard a little over 4 weeks now. the only problem i had is when the messenger/documents/pictures key wouldn't work. re-installing the software solved this problem. the buttons can be configured to open any prog and the messenger button is not restricted to msn (being a microsoft keyboard) The f keys double up as outlook express functions ie undo, send, reply etc. If like me you like playing/working in dimly lit rooms and you need to look at what your typing then you will need a lamp due to the buttons being hard to see. Extremely comfortable, looks modern and does pretty much everything and all for 22 quid! A highly recommended bargain.

Hardware: Online Arena (PS2)
Hardware: Online Arena (PS2)
Offered by FLBENTERPRISES

5.0 out of 5 stars button bashin, adrenaline rushin., 31 Dec 2003
the perfect way to describe "hardware online arena" with plenty of opponents online at any given time you'll make general in no time. you have a choice of four tanks or four off road type vehicles. the tanks are slower yet have superior armour compared to the jeeps. however the jeeps have a roof mounted machine gun where the tanks have the usual cannons. the power ups scattered around the various arenas re-appear quickly so there is never a shortage of additional firepower. its a fast and frantic game which truly comes alive online. the training mode is useful to try out different vehicles or explore the arenas however the ai are not too taxing so the gameplay is limited somewhat. this is one of the messiest noisiest onlines games i've enjoyed in a long while. you will not be disappointed if carnage is your thing.