Profile for Charlie > Reviews

Charlie (England)

Bleed American
Bleed American

5.0 out of 5 stars My Favorite Jimmy album, 11 May 2013
This review is from: Bleed American (Audio CD)
This album was one of the last Jimmy albums I bought and I've probably enjoyed it the most. Jimmy Eat World are not a one dimensional band and each album is uniquely better than others but this is the album i have listened to the most, closely followed by Clarity. The range of different songs from the more mellow reflective numbers to the driven, fast paced rock tunes creates a diverse and brilliant album. I would definitely recommend this deluxe edition as it adds even more. My Favorited song on the album ended up being the live version of Softer on the additional cd. Buy this album!! Going to see them at KOKO in June, can't wait!!

Zion EP
Zion EP

5.0 out of 5 stars Crossfaith!!, 11 May 2013
This review is from: Zion EP (MP3 Download)
I saw this band support BMTH at KOKO in May and really enjoyed them. I don't think I have seen a band enjoy playing live quite as much as these guys!! I decided to buy this EP as it has a lot of the stuff they played and I've not been disappointed. Defo worth a purchase.

Sony MDR-EX500LP with Multi Layer Diaphragm (for High Resolution Sound)
Sony MDR-EX500LP with Multi Layer Diaphragm (for High Resolution Sound)

5.0 out of 5 stars Loved these headphones, 2 Jan. 2013
I have had a fair few cheap pairs of headphones but as I listen to a lot of music on the go, at work and even when on my laptop at home I decided to go for some slightly more expensive ones. From reading reviews on Amazon I saw that this product had a lot of praise for a lower mid range price. I was not disappointed, the sound quality is excellent and I had never heard base so well on a pair of in ear headphones. The issue I have had in the past with headphones was sound going from either ear due to damaged wiring and sadly this happened to these. I don't treat my headphones with massive amounts of care and these lasted 14 months. It seems to be an issue for most headphones, irrespective of price. I am now looking to buy some new headphones and I have struggled to find any with reviews and praise as high as for these. I have settled on Westone UM1 Single Driver True Fit Earphones, which were twice the price of these so I shall have to hope that they match this great pair.

AskMen.com Presents The Guy's Guide to Romance (Askmen.com Series)
AskMen.com Presents The Guy's Guide to Romance (Askmen.com Series)

5.0 out of 5 stars Every Man Should Read This Book, 27 Feb. 2012
I can't say enough positive things about this book. It would not be an over exaggeration to say that it changed my life for the better. Through out my teenage and early twenties i had real difficulty with relationships. I found it easy to talk to girls and form friendships when i really wanted a long term relationship. This book changed everything. It's not a cheesy book about communication and snuggling as some guys may think, it's simple psychology and covers things in a straight forward and well explained way. The best review i can give is to say that I was 21 and had never had a long term relationship, after reading this book and absorbing its advice i put much of it into practice and soon after ended up in a three and a half year relationship. Enough said.

Apple iPod classic 160GB - Black - 6th Generation
Apple iPod classic 160GB - Black - 6th Generation

2.0 out of 5 stars Not as good as previous ipods, 4 Feb. 2012
I previously had an old ipod nano and it was a brilliant piece of equipment and i have had it for 4 years. I however decided to buy a new ipod as my old one only had 4GB and i particularly liked the idea of using the new ipod hooked up to my cd player so i had every album i owned in one place. However, as written in many other reviews the sound issue is a killer!! When plugged into any cd player it is so quiet and you have to turn the sound up to max on the ipod to get a decent sound level, however as you will read online you only want to turn it up around half way to get a decent sound quality, this is not possible. The wheel is also very unreactive and it is just all round very disappointing. Avoid this item. I had accidently scuffed up the back so could not return it really which was disappointing as i would have. I took my revenge by buying a Samsung Galaxy phone instead of an Iphone which i had intended until i bough this awful new version of the ipod.

Aquemini
Aquemini

5.0 out of 5 stars AMAZING, 3 April 2003
This review is from: Aquemini (Audio CD)
I bought this album not knowing much about outkast at all, I thought that I would give the album a chance and I definately made the right choice. Every song is different and perfected with great lyrics and beats. This album isn't in your face but great to sit back and chill to. My favorite song on the album has to be Aquemini, its just so dope.