Profile for Margie > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2
DK Eyewitness Pocket Map and Guide: Athens
DK Eyewitness Pocket Map and Guide: Athens
by Collectif

1.0 out of 5 stars Get kitted out with super-magnifying glasses before you buy this tiny book., 2 April 2015
I can only agree with the "too small print" review. The guide is tiny. This is maybe a good pocket guide for a young person with good eyesight, but I can't even read the text with my glasses on. I might try scanning the pages and then enlarging them on my computer but this takes time and I ideally wanted something I could take on holiday with me.The pull out map only covers the centre region. Overall a total waste of money unless you're a kid or a young adult with super bionic vision.

Lesbos f&b (+r)
Lesbos f&b (+r)
by Freytag & Berndt
Edition: Map

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant!, 2 April 2015
This review is from: Lesbos f&b (+r) (Map)
Brilliant, good-sized, detailed map of the whole island. I will be putting it to practical use in May, but am already impressed and confident that it will serve the intended purpose very well.

In Search of the Trojan War [DVD]
In Search of the Trojan War [DVD]
Dvd ~ Michael Wood

4.0 out of 5 stars The Trojan Horse ... did it really exist?, 2 April 2015
Pretty good documentary, attempting to unravel the secrets of the history of Troy. Disk 2 is very revealing, delivering a great hypothesis on whether that ridiculously enormous wooden Trojan horse we read about and see in all the fiction movies really existed, and what it (more realistically) symbolised. I don't want to spoil it for people considering ordering this DVD, so won't say more ...

The Odyssey [1997] [DVD] [2007]
The Odyssey [1997] [DVD] [2007]
Dvd ~ Armand Assante
Offered by hunting_for_a_bargain

4.0 out of 5 stars a bit "naff" but still entertaining, 2 April 2015
This was an entertaining, in a way a bit "naff" but nevertheless vaguely educational movie, getting the messages across. It was interesting to see the Trojan war this time from the point of view of the personalities on the Greek side as opposed to the Trojans (as was the case in, for example "Helen of Troy" or "Troy").

GWinner Classic I Women's Sports Underwear black Size:M
GWinner Classic I Women's Sports Underwear black Size:M

3.0 out of 5 stars It's the top only - bottoms not included, 2 April 2015
I was initially disappointed when the item arrived as from the picture I mistakenly thought I would be getting both the top and bottoms. I guess this was my mistake although there was nothing in the ad which mentioned it is the top only. When I put the top on it was OK. Feels a tiny bit on the small size (I ordered medium and am a size 10-12) but looks OK. It is a mix of polyester and elastane. Have found it to 'hold the sweat' when wearing so best worn once each time before washing. Seems to be of good quality. It is gradually 'growing' on me to the point that I might even go back soon and order the bottoms and maybe another top in 'large' size, then maybe I'll up my rating to 4 stars!

OUTDOOR GARDEN PLANT GINKGO BILOBA Maidenhair Tree CHINESE PLANT LOVELY 2 YEARS OLD PLANTS SENT IN POT

5.0 out of 5 stars Young healthy tree - great company service!, 15 Jan. 2014
I communicated with the seller about this tree and they were very quick to respond and extremely helpful. The tree arrived very carefully wrapped, with the pot additionally wrapped in cling film to ensure it didn't dry out during transport, with a hole in the cling film for the shoot to pass (which measured 20 cm in height, not including the pot). The shoot was carefully tied to a support to avoid damage during transport. When I opened the parcel it also contained some slow-release plant food and an extra tag for when the tree starts to grow and increase the diameter of its shoot. In addition there were very detailed - almost personalised - instructions on how to care for the tree. At the moment it is a little 'twig' with no leaves, but looks very healthy, already with 'buds' along the shoot, ready to bud out once it is established. Am super-pleased with my purchase!

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Vitamin E COMPLEX, read on..., 27 Aug. 2013
Once a Physician Assistant in the USA told me that more than 600 iu of Vitamin E is associated with cancer. Before that, someone had told me that the standard "Vitamin E" you buy in supermarkets usually consists only of alpha-tocopherol but that there are several other 'tocopherols' which constitute Vitamin E and taking only alpha-tocopherol actually inibits uptake of/blocks the other tocopherols, resulting in a kind of partial Vitamin E deficiency. Maybe this is the reason for the cancer association - lack of vital antioxidants through saturating your system only with alpha-tocopherol. True or not, this is my adopted hypothesis, and the reason why I am buying Vitamin E COMPLEX (= mixed tocopherols) as opposed to straight 'Vitamin E' (=only alpha-tocopherol). It comes in a healthy glass bottle (no plastic) and I put a few drops on my salad as part of my salad dressing. Much prefer the liquid form (as opposed to capsules). This way it feels really like a food supplement instead of 'medication'.

Solgar SFP Ginko Biloba Leaf Extract - 60 Vegicaps
Solgar SFP Ginko Biloba Leaf Extract - 60 Vegicaps
Offered by AmericanVitaminSpot

5.0 out of 5 stars I love vegicaps, 27 Aug. 2013
I am a fan of supplements in vegetable capsules: I mean, why go to all the trouble of taking supplements when the capsules they are contained in might not be that healthy after all? This was the reason for buying the vegicaps (=cellulose) version of Ginkgo biloba. The capsules come in glass jar - again healthier than a plastic tub. It is written on the side of the jar that the capsules are free of sugar, salt, corn, yeast, wheat, soy, gluten, dairy or animal products, so should be suitable for people with sensitivities. I haven't started taking them properly yet, so can't comment on efficacy (am currently using the Ginkgo tincture).

SOLGAR - CAP. ESCUTELLARIA 520mg Solgar
SOLGAR - CAP. ESCUTELLARIA 520mg Solgar
Offered by Ultimate Health

5.0 out of 5 stars New hope for neurodegenerative diseases, 27 Aug. 2013
I bought this ('Baikal skullcap') for a relative with Lewy Body dementia, as the baicalein in the root extract contained in the capsules has been reported to induce dissolution of the deposits in the neurons which form in this disease (should also work with Alzheimer's). Ideally I wanted her to take the capsules whole, which was why I specifically bought this 'vegicaps' product, thinking the capsules are healthier than standard bovine gelatin capsules. Unfortunately due to her condition the contents are better given mixed with food but the capsules can be opened no problem.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars New hope for endometriosis, 27 Aug. 2013
I bought this because I read a scientific article about a clinical trial with women with endometriosis who were given 600mg N-acetyl cysteine 3x per day, 3 consecutive days per week for 3 months, and, in brief, symptoms markedly improved. As I had a lot of bloating and pain for many years which might be endometriosis, I tried it out and have found it really helps. The capsule shells are made of gelatine, though, so I empty the contents onto a small amount of water and drink it once it has dissolved a bit. The only problem with this is that it has a not very appealing taste which is difficult to describe and after taking it for over 1 day I felt 'saturated' with the stuff, so reduced the dose to 2 capsules per day, which still works. (The instructions on the side of the tub recommend 1 capsule for day, but this is obviously meant for 'general health' and not specifically for endometriosis treatment).
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 11, 2014 9:38 PM GMT

Page: 1 | 2