Profile for Amazon Customer > Reviews

Content by Amazon Customer

Amazon Customer (Cardiff, South Glamorgan.)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
Dragos Goes to Washington (Elder Races)
Dragos Goes to Washington (Elder Races)

4.0 out of 5 stars A treat, 18 Oct. 2015
Really enjoyed this book but felt a little disappointed that with the build up to the murder the apprehension was non existent. That said TH is currently one of my favourite authors so I'll take what I can get because Pia and Dragos' world is so good I'll forgive the abrupt ending.

Blood Slave: A Realm Walker Novel
Blood Slave: A Realm Walker Novel

3.0 out of 5 stars Enjoyable, 5 Oct. 2015
A good read and looking forward to the next in the series. However Julianna's relationship with Thomas needs to move on. Her little acts of defiance for the sake of it are annoying!

Archangel's Enigma: A Guild Hunter Novel (Guild Hunter Series Book 8)
Archangel's Enigma: A Guild Hunter Novel (Guild Hunter Series Book 8)

4.0 out of 5 stars I enjoyed it but ...., 5 Oct. 2015
It all seemed rather quick to me, the falling in love. In fact not quite sure what drew them together. The author drops little tidbits about Nassir all through the book which I must admit did annoy me but worse than that was the number of times Nassir kept snapping his teeth. However that said it was worth it for the ending with my favourite characters. It actually sent a shiver down my spine. Looking forward to the next instalment.

Shards of Hope: A Psy-Changeling Novel (PSY-CHANGELING SERIES Book 14)
Shards of Hope: A Psy-Changeling Novel (PSY-CHANGELING SERIES Book 14)

3.0 out of 5 stars Not as enjoyable ......, 16 Jun. 2015
As her previous books in the series. Zaira's issues were repeated ad nauseum. That said the new direction should work to keep this series alive it just needs a little freshening up.

The Unleashing (Call Of Crows Book 1)
The Unleashing (Call Of Crows Book 1)

4.0 out of 5 stars Great start to the series, 4 April 2015
I waited patiently for this book after reading The Gathering. The trademark laugh out loud quips and banter not to mention the sex, phew!!! A definite must read.

Dead Heat: An Alpha and Omega novel
Dead Heat: An Alpha and Omega novel

5.0 out of 5 stars Good read, 28 Mar. 2015
All I can say is that I love this series so much every time a new book comes out I read the whole series! Anna and Charles are fantastic and reading who they are as a couple and watching them grow ensures I will continue to buy and read this series.

Dragos Takes A Holiday (A Novella of the Elder Races)
Dragos Takes A Holiday (A Novella of the Elder Races)

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful little taster, 21 Feb. 2015
...... giving us a bit more of Pia and Dragos. Good to see marriage and fatherhood haven't tamed him a bit!!!

Immortal: Number 6 in series (Fallen Angels)
Immortal: Number 6 in series (Fallen Angels)

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic!!!, 15 Feb. 2015
Wasn't sure she could sustain this series as she seems to have lost her way with the last couple of books in the Brotherhood. However so glad I bought this book. I won't spoil the plot but suffice to say cliff hangers, unexpected twists abound. I hope you enjoy it as much as I did.

Archangel's Shadows: A Guild Hunter Novel (Guild Hunter Series Book 7)
Archangel's Shadows: A Guild Hunter Novel (Guild Hunter Series Book 7)

3.0 out of 5 stars Not my favourite, 9 Dec. 2014
Not the best of her work. I found it laboured and drawn out. I think this would have worked better as a novella. As, apart from the investigation, there just wasn't enough between the main characters to warrant a full length book. I did enjoy the glimpses of Elena and Raphael and anticipate a book with The Legion. The ending seemed a little rushed considering everything that transpired before. All in all slightly disappointed but will continue to read this series. I just hope it doesn't start to leave me cold like Christine Feehans never ending saga of the Carpathians!

Fury of Fire (Dragonfury Series Book 1)
Fury of Fire (Dragonfury Series Book 1)

3.0 out of 5 stars Not original - SPOILERS AHEAD!!, 17 Oct. 2012
I generally don't like to bash authors because it must be like presenting your new born to the world and hoping that, no matter how ugly, people will love it as much as you do!!!! As others have commented, it's J R Ward but with dragons! The phraseology is the same, warriors, males, females and when its not a direct copy it alludes to it, i.e. needing - hungering, blood - energy. Whilst it's the females that go through their needing, it's the males that feel the biological urge, twice yearly (lucky females ;)). It has a charming butler type person who seems to be everywhere and two opposing forces the goodies and the baddies.

The author has tried to write in the same type of snappy, tight wording that works so successfully for J R Ward but unfortunately it just makes you think - of J R Ward! Probably not what the author intended but that's what's happened. That said, its not a bad read and I will continue with the series but I do keep expecting the Brotherhood to knock on the door and borrow a cup of sugar!

Please be aware this is not 'original' as it definitely has its inspiration through other authors so, whilst I can't give her 5 stars for originality, I can give her 3 as her baby is not that ugly! Fury of Fire (Dragonfury Series #1)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4