ARRAY(0xa9896fa4)

A Coffin From Hong Kong
A Coffin From Hong Kong
Price: 2.48

4.0 out of 5 stars Worth it, 10 April 2014
Not among James Hadley Chase's best books but worth reading. If you enjoy this, you will enjoy some of his other books even more.

Not My Thing
Not My Thing

4.0 out of 5 stars Among JHC's best, 4 April 2014
This review is from: Not My Thing (Kindle Edition)
Not all JHC's books are equally good. This is well worth reading. It is amazing how he thinks of so many unexpected twists an turns to the plot.

Shock Treatment
Shock Treatment

5.0 out of 5 stars Among James Hadley Chase's best, 31 Mar 2014
This review is from: Shock Treatment (Kindle Edition)
Not all of JHC's books are very good but this is one of the very good ones. Some of the detective work is like Sherlock Holmes. Though I could guess how it would end, the twists and turns in between are unexpected.

Eve
Eve

2.0 out of 5 stars Read his other books, 30 Mar 2014
This review is from: Eve (Kindle Edition)
I have read many of James Hadley Chase's books and enjoyed most of them. Eve is one of a few that I did not enjoy. If you have not read James Hadley Chase's books, I would recommend that you read some other book by him than Eve as this book might put you off reading so many of his other books that are so enjoyable.

You Never Know With Women (Mills & Boon M&B) (Vintage Collection - Book 1)
You Never Know With Women (Mills & Boon M&B) (Vintage Collection - Book 1)
Price: 2.39

4.0 out of 5 stars Very well written with lots of unexpected twists and turns, 9 Mar 2014
This is a book by James Hadley Chase, though I do not know why it is published by Mills & Boon. Only 2.39 and well worth a lot more. Very well written with lots of unexpected twists and turns. I have read a lot of James Hadley Chase's books and would recommend this as an example of his writing. If you like this, you are lucky as you can enjoy many hours of happy reading of his other books.

Windows 8.1 Inside Out
Windows 8.1 Inside Out

3.0 out of 5 stars Some annoyingly misleading information, 13 Feb 2014
The author is far more knowledgeable than I am and so I depend on the information published in the book as reliable. However I found some annoyingly misleading information. For instance he says "your existing drivers will work without modification". This is patently untrue. My Canoscam LIDE 30 is not compatible and there are many more hardware drivers for earlier versions that do not work with Windows 8.1. One only has to visit Microsoft's compatibility centre to check the huge range of old hardware that are not compatible. There are also many mistakes, some of which are very annoying. For instance he says that Windows 8.1 removed the ability to make system backups. He recommends using Macrium Reflect Free for this. Fortunately for me, this software stalled towards the end of the installation and I aborted it. I then checked the "unconfirmed" errata at [...]
and I had no problem doing a system backup as pointed out in one of the error descriptions.

HG 4-in-1 Cleaner for Leather
HG 4-in-1 Cleaner for Leather
Offered by Homecare Essentials Limited
Price: 9.17

2.0 out of 5 stars Maybe I was expecting too much, 31 Oct 2013
I hoped that it would remove the black stains left by my head resting on my ivory coloured recliner. I did not remove the stain and a bit more vigorous application resulted in the leather tearing. I had to put a patch to cover the tear.

The 50 Greatest Tracks
The 50 Greatest Tracks
Price: 7.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Good easy listening, 31 Oct 2013
This review is from: The 50 Greatest Tracks (Audio CD)
I am not an Opera fan but found this CD relaxing and well worth the money. As a football fan, I had of course heard him sing Nessun Dorma many times. But listening to this CD made me recognise that some of Elvis Presley's songs are based on the arias that are on this CD, e.g. Its now or never = O solo mio, Surrender = Torna a Surriento.

Cocofina Natural Coconut Water Juice 300 ml (Pack of 6)
Cocofina Natural Coconut Water Juice 300 ml (Pack of 6)

3.0 out of 5 stars Over priced, 13 Oct 2013
The taste is OK but the price is well above that of Vita Coco 100% Natural Coconut Water 330ml (Pack of 12). Cocofina costs 55.5p per litre, which is about 83% higher than Vita Coco which costs 30.3p per litre. Vita Coco tastes just as good and is packaged better.

Dr. Beckmann Carpet Stain remover with cleaning applicator/brush -650ml
Dr. Beckmann Carpet Stain remover with cleaning applicator/brush -650ml

5.0 out of 5 stars The best, 13 Oct 2013
I had 5 small round red blobs on my light beige carpet. I do not know what these were. I tried removing them with Vanish carpet mousse but Vanish did not even lighten the red blobs and made the carpet look worse as it left left white marks round the red spots. Dr Beckmann carpet stain remover removed the red blobs with just one application and did not leave any white marks after the carpet dried completely.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5