Profile for S. Briggs > Reviews

Content by S. Briggs

S. Briggs "loadsabooks" (Kent, UK)

Kids Girls Midi Bodycon Dress Long Sleeves Aztec & Golden Foil Prints Ages 7-13 (9/10 Years, Rust Tribal Golden Print)
Offered by Fashion Oasis

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely colours and fit, 22 Feb 2014
As stated, the colours are lovely and vibrant. It feels good and has washed well (at low temperature). Good value.

Spanish Club Book 1 (Collins Club) (Book & Audio CD)
Spanish Club Book 1 (Collins Club) (Book & Audio CD)
by Rosi McNab

5.0 out of 5 stars Catchy songs are an excellent way to learn, 24 July 2013
I cannot recommend this too highly. Most of the language is illustrated or translated so suitable for parents to help / join in. I enjoyed singing along to the catchy songs in the car. More or less the same content as French course.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Aug 9, 2013 8:36 AM BST

10 x needle threaders silver
10 x needle threaders silver
Offered by BargainShop_London

5.0 out of 5 stars Great value, 24 July 2013
This review is from: 10 x needle threaders silver
Great value, prompt delivery. What more can I say? It's the sort of thing easy to lose so good to have spares.

French Club Book 1 (Collins Club)
French Club Book 1 (Collins Club)
by Rosi McNab

5.0 out of 5 stars Love the songs!, 21 July 2013
The songs alone, sung very tunefully and expressively by French children, in a range of musical styles, are worth getting this book for. I put this on in the car with no great expectations and within a few hours of driving on various trips my 8 year old was singing along to the songs, as was I! Before that she knew no French apart from Bonjour / Au revoir / merci Je m'appelle / a few colours. She now sings several of them all the time, with a beautiful accent (and also the Spanish version too as I quickly bought that as I was so impressed! ) .We haven't worked on the rest of the book much yet as I felt it best for her to continue to absorb the language through the rest of the songs, but the activities look good to me, as a qualified language teacher. I love the fact that the very first activity in the book is a song about a trip to the zoo where the child is introduced to the concept of words which look very similar but sound quite different in the foreign language. This immediately got my daughter listening very carefully to the sounds on the CD and then trying to match them. My daughter has already learned the basis for so much future language development eg the first song includes: excellent modelling of pronunciation, names of animals, use of perfect tense with Ítre, perfect tense with avoir, question form ("Qu'as-tu vu?"), useful phrase: ("C'est tout?"). Another really charming song has the lyrics translated: I have a little kitten/He is so sweet/ He chases mice / Little kitten / Where are you? / Miaow Miaow/ I am under the bed. It continues with other activities the kitten does (I don't think those are translated) and the prepositions on / in the bed and ends with Ssssssh, I'm sleeping, so again LOADS of helpful language. Another very jazzy and catchy song has the days of the week with different activities eg Lundi je fais de la musique, so as well as the days of the week and useful vocal the child is learning the use of the present tense for everyday actions. I cannot recommend it too highly.
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 9, 2014 9:36 PM GMT

Sass & Belle Union Jack Bunting Lenght:396 (9 flags)
Sass & Belle Union Jack Bunting Lenght:396 (9 flags)
Offered by Toys n Leisure

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautifully made, something that will last and so is worth the money., 25 Jun 2011
Have said it all in the title :Beautifully made, something that will last and so is worth the money. Charming and classy.